Thread: Chicken/Buffalo Wings - Best Recipe

Board Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Chicken/Buffalo Wings - Best Recipe

I've tried many many recipes, and my father-in-law gave me this kickass recipe that makes wings taste heavenly. Some people may be surprised by the lack of any sauce whatsoever in this recipe, but trust me, you try this, you'll never ever want spicy wings other than this way. This may seem very untraditional, but this is a kickass recipe.

This is intented for broiling or grilling strictly: (ie. not frying or baking)

In this order: All these are spices: Sprinkle some water on the wings and follow these directions: Do this on the one side of the wings only to begin. In this order:

1. Heavily coat the wings in dried crushed [B]Basil Leaves[/B]

2. Next, Heavily coat the wings in [B]Garlic Powder[/B]

3. Next, this is the firepower: sprinkle to your liking [B]Cayenne Pepper[/B] I add a lot, because, I love 'em spicy.

4. Next, Coat the wings with [B]Paprika[/B]

5. Finally, add a touch of freshly ground [B]Black Pepper[/B]

Let them sit for ten minutes. The water and moisture on the chicken will help all the spices stick well the wings.

Cook the wings on the grill or in the broiler (spiced side down on the grill, or spice side up in the broiler) for about twenty minutes on LOW, then flip the wings over, and repeat the entire spice coating and cook again for twenty minutes.

After 40-45 minutes, you'll have the most flavorful wings you've ever tasted!!

Enjoy friends.
    Last edited by Ha Ha Ha; 01-31-2006 at 02:19 PM.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good! Gotta try it! I'll let ya know! :)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    so simple and easy and amazing...ranchero wings

mix together regular ranch salad dressing and BBQ sauce (doesn't matter which kind) cook wings however u want, they're better in a fryer, then put that sauce on them and throw them in oven for 5-10 minutes. they're soooo damn good

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Sounds tasty, but there is only one real Buffalo wings recipe.

[B]Original Anchor Bar Buffalo Wings[/B]

Ingredients:

30 chicken wing pieces
    6 tablespoons (3 oz.) of FRANK'S Louisiana Hot Sauce (now Durkee's)
    4 tablespoons margarine (not butter!)
    1 tablespoon of white vinegar
    1/8 teaspoon of celery seed
    1/4 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper
    1/4 teaspoon of red pepper
    1/8 teaspoon of garlic salt
    dash of black pepper
    1/4 teaspoon of Worcestershire Sauce
    1 teaspoon of Tabasco Sauce
    Directions:

Mix all the sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan over low heat until the margarine is completely melted. Stir occasionally.

The Wings

Separate them into "wingettes", discarding the tips, but you can buy bags of frozen cut up wings and defrost them.

Fry the wings in a deep fryer set at 375 degrees F., using vegetable or peanut oil. I fry 15 wings at a time for 12-15 minutes.

Drain the wings for a few minutes then put them in a bowl. After all the wings have been fried, pour the sauce over them, cover the bowl, and shake to completely coat the wings.

They can be eaten now, but I like to put them on a baking sheet and bake them for a few minutes to get an extra-crispy coating.

Serve with carrot and celery sticks, Marie's Bleu Cheese Dressing, and cold beer (Genee Cream Ale is traditional).

This recipe for Real Anchor Bar Buffalo Wings serves/makes 4.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER]Sounds tasty, but there is only one real Buffalo wings recipe.

[B]Original Anchor Bar Buffalo Wings[/B]

Ingredients:

30 chicken wing pieces
    6 tablespoons (3 oz.) of FRANK'S Louisiana Hot Sauce (now Durkee's)
    4 tablespoons margarine (not butter!)
    1 tablespoon of white vinegar
    1/8 teaspoon of celery seed
    1/4 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper
    1/4 teaspoon of red pepper
    1/8 teaspoon of garlic salt
    dash of black pepper
    1/4 teaspoon of Worcestershire Sauce
    1 teaspoon of Tabasco Sauce
    Directions:

Mix all the sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan over low heat until the margarine is completely melted. Stir occasionally.

The Wings

Separate them into "wingettes", discarding the tips, but you can buy bags of frozen cut up wings and defrost them.

Fry the wings in a deep fryer set at 375 degrees F., using vegetable or peanut oil. I fry 15 wings at a time for 12-15 minutes.

Drain the wings for a few minutes then put them in a bowl. After all the wings have been fried, pour the sauce over them, cover the bowl, and shake to completely coat the wings.

They can be eaten now, but I like to put them on a baking sheet and bake them for a few minutes to get an extra-crispy coating.

Serve with carrot and celery sticks, Marie's Bleu Cheese Dressing, and cold beer (Genee Cream Ale is traditional).

This recipe for Real Anchor Bar Buffalo Wings serves/makes 4.[/QUOTE]
    Have used this recipe for years originally found it on the net. Friends and family love it :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if it's available downstate, but a trick my favorite local bar (in Buffalo BTW) does is to marinate the wings in Chiavetta's before they are fried...it makes all the difference in the world...and make sure you cook the wings crispy...nothing worse than a soggy wing.

The best beer to go with wings is Molson Canadian, but Labatts Blue will do as well.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    [QUOTE=Buffboy]But a trick my favorite local bar (in Buffalo BTW) does is to marinate the wings in Chiavetta's before they are fried[/QUOTE]

What is this?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER]What is this?[/QUOTE]

It's a vinegar based marinade/BBQ sauce with a ton of spices in it. It's not a thick sauce like K.C. Masterpiece so it works well as a marinade. It's good just for grilling chicken, pork, whatever, but soaking your wings in it overnight before you fry them is great.

check out the link.

[url]https://www.buffalofoods.com/home.htm[/url]