Thread: Superbowl weekend food and drinks!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Superbowl weekend food and drinks!!!

what's everyone planning for this SB in terms of food and drink for your party...since i'm in pittsburgh we're going all out.

1/4 keg of Yuengling
    random liquor

giant italian party sub
    homemade ranchero wings
    tons of nachos with cheese and everthing else u could imagine
    pizza
    various things people bring

and this is on a college guys budget

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    I'll never forget once when I was in college me and 2 buddies tried to kill a 1/4 keg of bud during the Superbowl. We killed around half of it and were all passed out by halftime. LOL

Board Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be making wings with the recipe I authored in a different thread.

Plus bringing over a liter of Jameson and a case of Bud

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're having our usual bash on Sunday - probably going to be close to 30 people over including 5-6 kids.

Drinks:

Full bar, 2 cases of RollingRock, 2 cases of Yeungling, 1 case of Bass, some Miller Lite and Coors Lite for those that don't like beer.

Food:

Home made roast beef po'boys - these were a HUGE hit at our Summer party with a Mardi Gras theme - anyway, we're shredding up 15 pounds of roast beef.

3 foot Italian Sub

5 pounds of chili

Big tray of home meade mac and cheese

7 pounds of hot wings (catered)

mozzerella sticks

tons of chips, dips, etc....

Should be a good time. :beerme:
    Last edited by edcopp; 02-03-2006 at 07:34 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=edcopp]We're having our usual bash on Sunday - probably going to be close to 30 people over including 5-6 kids.

Drinks:

Full bar, 2 cases of RollingRock, 2 cases of Yeungling, 1 case of Bass, some Miller Lite and Coors Lite for those that don't like beer.

Food:

Home made roast beef po'boys - these were a HUGE hit at our Summer party with a Mardi Gras theme - anyway, we're shredding up 15 pounds of roast beef.

3 foot Italian Sub

5 pounds of chili

7 pounds of hot wings (catered)

mozzerella sticks

tons of chips, dips, etc....

Should be a good time. :beerme:[/QUOTE]

that's sweet, someday when I have a real job I hope to be able to have a bash like that, haha for now gotta make do with what I have :beers:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=edcopp]
    Drinks:

Full bar, 2 cases of RollingRock, 2 cases of Yeungling, 1 case of Bass, some [B]Miller Lite and Coors Lite for those that don't like beer.
    [/B]
    [/QUOTE]

hahaha, that's pretty funny, coors lite is like the beer equivalent of fruit2O, it's basically beer flavored water

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER]I'll never forget once when I was in college me and 2 buddies tried to kill a 1/4 keg of bud during the Superbowl. We killed around half of it and were all passed out by halftime. LOL[/QUOTE]
    When I was in college my frat won the keg drinking contest. I don't recall how many of us were on the "team" but we drank a keg in something like an hour or 90 minutes something like that. Basically you walked around in a circle and refilled your cup when you passed the keg. Hurling WAS allowed. It felt really weird tossing up beer that was still cold! :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I might try one of the wing recipes posted up on here, but for the most part we're all going over to my friends house to watch the game on his 61 inch HDTV and drink all his beer. Should be a good time!

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan]I might try one of the wing recipes posted up on here, but for the most part we're all going over to my friends house to watch the game on his 61 inch HDTV and drink all his beer. Should be a good time![/QUOTE]
    D@mn! I'm having tv envy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet]D@mn! I'm having tv envy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hate hearing about someone who has a bigger TV than me. (57") But to make up for it I got myself a 17" flat screen LCD for behind the bar at the other end of my basement - so does 74 total inches trump the 61" single screen?!? :rolleyes:

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=edcopp]Yeah, I hate hearing about someone who has a bigger TV than me. (57") But to make up for it I got myself a 17" flat screen LCD for behind the bar at the other end of my basement - so does 74 total inches trump the 61" single screen?!? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    I like the way you think! Let's see, I have a 27" (f*ckin thing won't die, but that's another story), a 19" and two 13"s for a total of 72"!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet]I like the way you think! Let's see, I have a 27" (f*ckin thing won't die, but that's another story), a 19" and two 13"s for a total of 72"![/QUOTE]

HAH!!!!

Gotcha' beat!!!!

And if you think 2" doesn't mean much, let me put you on the phone with my wife... :banana:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JazzyJet]hahaha, that's pretty funny, coors lite is like the beer equivalent of fruit2O, it's basically beer flavored water[/QUOTE]

must be why it tastes like **** :yes:

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=edcopp]HAH!!!!

Gotcha' beat!!!!

And if you think 2" doesn't mean much, let me put you on the phone with my wife... :banana:[/QUOTE]
    :eek:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just straight up barbecue - hot dogs, hamburgers, etc. The benefits of having a top balcony and a gas grill :yes::cool:

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    my whole fraternity is getting together at one of our guys' houses. 3 six foot subs, 2 kegs, probably a couple hundred wings... the whole nine yards. capped off with a 60" HDTV for watching the game. we did the same thing last year and it was awesome, I'm very excited