Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT:Knicks Trade Davis for Jalen Rose & 1st round pick

This also takes time away from David Lee...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    This also takes time away from David Lee...
    Lee and Frye should be the starting fowards IMO..

Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    But it's not about THIS year. He got out of a contract for a player that can possibly be dealt later. I've seen very little of the Knicks this year, but enough to know AD is on the steep side of the hill. In the end you got a pick after exchanging guys neither team can use. Thomas made out like a bandit. If not for Tim Thomas...oh wait, the Nets are actually looking at him. Nevermind.
    I see your point. Actually, next year is Rose's last year of his contract, so Isiah will have a $17M expiring contract to use as trade bait. I doubt Rose will be on the Knicks by Nov of next year....Isiah will also deal Penny before the deadline to some team looking to clear up cap room since Penny is in the last year of his $12-14M contract.....Just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart
    I see your point. Actually, next year is Rose's last year of his contract, so Isiah will have a $17M expiring contract to use as trade bait. I doubt Rose will be on the Knicks by Nov of next year....Isiah will also deal Penny before the deadline to some team looking to clear up cap room since Penny is in the last year of his $12-14M contract.....Just a guess.
    Yeah but you just know he's going to deal Rose or Penny for another shoot first swingman with a longer contract. The Knicks need a franchise player to win it all and you can't get those by trading scrubs.

by the way, if Isaiah committed to rebuilding once he took the job (which I thought should have been obvious to him after Layden's screwups) the Knicks would be under the cap next year. Now they won't be even close for years

I just dont understand Isiah Thomas. Why pick up another locker room headache? Rose has no trade value. Toronto has been looking to move him forever and no one has bitten until the Knicks finally gave in. While his contract expires next season you wont get anything good in return for him. Rose will be happy the first few weeks until he and Marbury butt heads over who gets the shots. This trade was simply done as a panic move because of how bad the team is right now. With the way the month is looking they will be lucky to win 2 games with or without Rose. What this is going to lead to is the Knicks looking to move Rose for Antoine Walker and Jason Williams next season and have Williams play the point with Marbury playing the 2. Thats what the team is going to get back for Rose. Im really starting to think Larry Brown is just going to give up on this team at seasons end.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason423
    I just dont understand Isiah Thomas. Why pick up another locker room headache? Rose has no trade value. Toronto has been looking to move him forever and no one has bitten until the Knicks finally gave in. While his contract expires next season you wont get anything good in return for him. Rose will be happy the first few weeks until he and Marbury butt heads over who gets the shots. This trade was simply done as a panic move because of how bad the team is right now. With the way the month is looking they will be lucky to win 2 games with or without Rose. What this is going to lead to is the Knicks looking to move Rose for Antoine Walker and Jason Williams next season and have Williams play the point with Marbury playing the 2. Thats what the team is going to get back for Rose. Im really starting to think Larry Brown is just going to give up on this team at seasons end.
    Thank god, I was beginning to think I was the only one who realized this.