Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT NY Rangers

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Facts about Henrik Lundqvist:

*Henke is so awesome at stopping projectiles that if you put him between two battallions firing at eachother in a war, there would be zero casualties.

*Rangers games have been banned by the bookies when Henke is in goal. He took away all the fun in gambling.

*Henke is the only human being to display the Heisenberg uncertainty principle -- you can never know both exactly where and how quickly he will smother an impossible shot in his glove.

*Time waits for no man, unless that man is named Henrik Lundqvist.

*Henke is the only goalie to get more than 100% saving percentage.

*Henke sheds his skin twice a year.

*When Henke makes a save, Henke doesn't save the puck. The puck goes to Henke.

*If you look upp the word "victim" in an english dictionary, it defines it as "someone who tries to score on Henrik Lundqvist."

*If you Google search "Henrik Lundqvist performed badly" you will generate zero results. It just doesn't happen.

*It takes Henke 20 minutes to watch 60 minutes.

*Henke amuses himself by dressing flies in a tiny funeral tuxedo before smacking them, because he thinks they have such slow reaction.

*If a hockey player even dreams of scoring a goal on Henke, he will still be there to make the save.

*Henke can touch MC Hammer.

*Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Henrik Lundqvist pajamas.

*Henke can create coal into a diamond if holding the coal in his glove. Then he can create the diamond back into coal again.

*When Henke makes a move, he doesn't exactly move. It's the world that moves around him.

*Scotty in Star Trek often says “Ye cannae change the laws of physics.” This is untrue. Henrik Lundqvist can change the laws of physics.

*If, by some incredible space-time paradox, Henke would ever compete against himself in each goal, he'd win. Period.

*The creators of the movie Matrix got their ideas for stunts while watching Henrik Lundqvist stand in goal. They had to tone it down though, Henkes' moves were more advanced than the computer technology at that time could replicate.

*Henke is never sick. Viruses and bacterias are too afraid to enter his body.

*The opening scene for "Saving Private Ryan" used a puck machine that Henke uses for soft practice.

*Henke recently had the idea to sell his urine as a canned beverage. We know this beverage as Red Bull.

*Ice hockey don't have intermissions for each 20 min of play to wet the ice again, it's because they need to cool it down from Henke being too hot.

*If at first you don't succeed, you're not Henrik Lundqvist.

*The rocket was originally created because Henrik Lundqvist needed a challenge. The scientists gave up trying to beat him and decided to aim the rocket upwards and fly into space instead.

*Earth scientists had for long wondered how to save the earth from dangerous meteors. That was until Henrik Lundqvist was born.

*There is still a mystery if Henke actually has a black hole planted in his glove.

*Henke sometimes blindfolds himself before going out to the game to make it more challenging.

*Contrary to popular belief, the Titanic didn't hit an iceberg. It hit Henrik Lundqvist out for practice.

*Originally, icehockey was invented by penguins, playing it very skillfully on the North Pole. Then Henrik Lundqvist appeared and the penguins got so frustrated that they had to move to the other side of earth. They have never played hockey again.

*When Israel was bombarded by SCUDs in the Gulf War, Israel was defended by Patriot missiles. As of today, everyone agrees Henrik Lundqvist should have been sent instead.

*Maslow's theory of higher needs does not apply to Henrik Lundqvist. He only has two needs: saving pucks and finding pucks to save.

*Henrik Lundqvist once tried playing baseball as a pitcher. But he was banned from the game, because every time his glove smothered the ball before it came even close to the batter.

*The inventors of the condom wanted to name their creation "Henrik Lundqvist". This wasn't possible though, because the condom isn't 100% effective.

*There are two types of people in the world... people that suck, and Henrik Lundqvist.

*A hockey player once dreamt that he scored a goal on Henrik Lundqvist. Then he was awakened as he got sucked into a wormhole. Even dreaming of scoring a goal on Henke causes a huge glitch in physical laws, logic and possibility.

*The particle accelerator, located in Switzerland and France, was created to try giving Henrik Lundqvist a challenge.

*The minigun was also created to give Henrik Lundqvist a challenge.

*Once Henrik Lundqvist was on vacation and went to the Niagara Falls. He saved every drop for 3 hours and then got bored.

*In off-seasons, Henke sometimes practices by catching landing aircrafts on military carriers.

*Phantom moves faster than lightning flash. Then Henrik Lundqvist robbed Phantom of the puck.

*Lucky Luke shoots faster than his shadow, but then Henke ruined everything and caught the bullet.
    No way.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Ummm, it's not even close. Lundqvist has been better than Marty this year. It's not even an opinion, it's a fact.
    You're honestly telling me that since the new year that Lundy's the better goalie?? No friggin way, sorry. Marty has 7 shutouts since the new year, Lundy has 2.

And the series between the two teams is 2-2 thus far, it's not like the Rangers have been spanking the Devils all year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Devil fans are like most Jet fans in regards to CuMar, if you fail to mention how underrated he is,in their eyes somehow you hate him and overlook his accomplishments.
    And Ranger fans are exactly like Pats fans, they always try to find a way to sh-t on Devils fans like the Pats do with the Jets.

Except we have 3 rings to your one....boo yah.
    Last edited by RutgersJetFan; 02-09-2006 at 12:02 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    And Ranger fans are exactly like Pats fans, they always try to find a way to sh-t on Devils fans like the Pats do with the Jets.

Except we have 3 rings to your one....boo yah.
    Rangers are 4-1-1 vs the Devs.

I never badmouthed the Devils or Marty in any way, it is fact that Lundy has been better and more consistent. You anc't dispute those facts. Rangers and the Devils are both playing very well. Lets hope they meet in the playoffs. Should be a great series.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rangers are 4-1-1 vs the Devs.

I never badmouthed the Devils or Marty in any way, it is fact that Lundy has been better and more consistent. You anc't dispute those facts. Rangers and the Devils are both playing very well. Lets hope they meet in the playoffs. Should be a great series.
    They've played 4 times this year, Devs took 2 and NY took 2.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/teams/schedule?team=njd

I agree, I think it's just that I hate the Rangers so much. It's like being a Jet fan, no matter what they do they're always second fiddle. If they do meet in the playoffs it's going to come down to who has the home ice that decides that series.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, I think it's just that I hate the Rangers so much. It's like being a Jet fan, no matter what they do they're always second fiddle. If they do meet in the playoffs it's going to come down to who has the home ice that decides that series.
    Sat. 8 NY Rangers W (OT) 3-2 2-1-0 M. Brodeur 27-35 1-5 7-8 17,698
    Thu. 13 at NY Rangers L 4-1 2-2-0 M. Brodeur 21-23 0-4 8-9 18,200
    Thu. 3 NY Rangers L 4-2 6-6-1 S. Clemmensen 32-25 1-5 3-4 14,596
    Sat. 5 at NY Rangers L (OT) 3-2 6-6-2 25-37 1-5 5-6 18,200
    Tue. 20 at NY Rangers W 3-1 15-13-5 M. Brodeur 32-31 0-11 6-6 18,200
    Sun. 22 at NY Rangers L 3-1 25-19-5 M. Brodeur 32-33 0-6 3-4 18,200
    Devils-2-3-1
    Rangers-4-1-1

And if they meet in the playoffs the Rangers will get HIA, where Lundy is almost unbeatable.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Devils-2-3-1
    Rangers-4-1-1

And if they meet in the playoffs the Rangers will get HIA, where Lundy is almost unbeatable.
    Jesus I am so blind, I think I just didn't even count the one under each back to back game.

And the Devs are only a few games back, just you wait my friend.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    You're honestly telling me that since the new year that Lundy's the better goalie?? No friggin way, sorry. Marty has 7 shutouts since the new year, Lundy has 2.

And the series between the two teams is 2-2 thus far, it's not like the Rangers have been spanking the Devils all year.
    So the season is only a month and a half hot streak? Sorry, you count the entire season and I'm honestly telling you, as anyone who watches both teams will, that Lundy's been the better goalie this season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut
    So the season is only a month and a half hot streak? Sorry, you count the entire season and I'm honestly telling you, as anyone who watches both teams will, that Lundy's been the better goalie this season.
    Hockey's a sport just like any other, things happen in stages. At one point in the NFL this season, Jake Plummer was the best QB in the league over a 3-4 game spread towards the end of the season. For the majority of the season in the NBA, Detroit was the best team in the league, right now you could say that Dallas is the best team in the league.

The topic of "who's hot" and "who's not" isn't some crazy topic that I threw out off the top of my head, it's a legit statement when it comes to any sport. In the past 17 games, Brodeur has been the better goalie over Lundy has been in that period. Nothing crazy about that statement at all.

Further, the season isn't halfway over yet, you saying that Lundy is going to have a better season than Marty is you doing the same thing that you've chastized me for doing, it's a long season, and it's far from over. If Marty continues on the hot streak he's been on, there's a good chance he could make a run for the Vezina and Calder as well.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Further, the season isn't halfway over yet, you saying that Lundy is going to have a better season than Marty is you doing the same thing that you've chastized me for doing, it's a long season, and it's far from over. If Marty continues on the hot streak he's been on, there's a good chance he could make a run for the Vezina and Calder as well.

How many things can someone be wrong about in one paragraph?
    Further, the season isn't halfway over yet,
    The Rangers have played 56 of the 82 on the schedule
    you saying that Lundy is going to have a better season than Marty is you doing the same thing that you've chastized me for doing, it's a long season, and it's far from over.
    Reason one explains why he chastized you in the first place.
    If Marty continues on the hot streak he's been on, there's a good chance he could make a run for the Vezina
    Where do I begin? There is no shot Marty gets the Vezina this year, unless he doesnt give up a goal the rest of the year. Lundqvist has been more consistent and just plain better than any goalie in the league this year. He has zero top flight defenseman in front of him and the only guy who has better numbers than him has Redden, Chara , Volchenkov, Mezsaros, Phillips, and Pothier in front of him. Everyone of those Dmen are better than what the Rangers have right now.
    and Calder as well
    This pretty much sums up how much you know about the sport. The Calder is the Rookie of the Year. Please explain how Brodeur can win that

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage
    How many things can someone be wrong about in one paragraph?
    The Rangers have played 56 of the 82 on the schedule
    Reason one explains why he chastized you in the first place.
    Where do I begin? There is no shot Marty gets the Vezina this year, unless he doesnt give up a goal the rest of the year. Lundqvist has been more consistent and just plain better than any goalie in the league this year. He has zero top flight defenseman in front of him and the only guy who has better numbers than him has Redden, Chara , Volchenkov, Mezsaros, Phillips, and Pothier in front of him. Everyone of those Dmen are better than what the Rangers have right now.
    This pretty much sums up how much you know about the sport. The Calder is the Rookie of the Year. Please explain how Brodeur can win that
    This is why I'd never call myself a diehard hockey fan. I'm a casual fan and I made some assumptions that I thought were correct and I appologize for assuming incorrectly. Also I thought the Calder was the name of the MVP trophy, simple mixup.

However, I will still hold my opinion that Brodeur has been the better goalie since the new year, I've watched almost every game since the new year and have seen Rangers highlights on ESPN, and I don't see what's so bad about saying that Brodeur's been the better goalie over that period of time. Comparing how players are playing over specific periods of time is something done on an every day basis in the sports world.

And Marty has been the focal point along with Elias in bringing the Devs back from being almost out of playoff contention this year, if the Deve secure a high seed then how does that not qualify him as a legit candidate for the Vezina?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Hockey's a sport just like any other, things happen in stages. At one point in the NFL this season, Jake Plummer was the best QB in the league over a 3-4 game spread towards the end of the season. For the majority of the season in the NBA, Detroit was the best team in the league, right now you could say that Dallas is the best team in the league.

The topic of "who's hot" and "who's not" isn't some crazy topic that I threw out off the top of my head, it's a legit statement when it comes to any sport. In the past 17 games, Brodeur has been the better goalie over Lundy has been in that period. Nothing crazy about that statement at all.

1. The season IS more than half way over. Math isn't a strong point, lol?

2. I never said he WILL have a better season, I said he HAS been the better goalie.

Saying Marty has been hot, or is on a hot streak is fine. But that doesn't change the fact that Lundy's had the better season. Streaks are great and are praised, but they don't make a season, you can't ignore that he didn't play well the first half of the season.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 02-09-2006 at 01:46 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut
    1. The season IS more than half way over. Math isn't a strong point, lol?

2. I never said he WILL have a better season, I said he HAS been the better goalie.
    Refer to the post above this one.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    And Marty has been the focal point along with Elias in bringing the Devs back from being almost out of playoff contention this year, if the Deve secure a high seed then how does that not qualify him as a legit candidate for the Vezina?
    Personally I think Martin Brodeur is an AMAZING Goaltender dont get me wrong there have been seasons in the past where he has carried that team. This year showed me something about him that shocked me. Early in the year the Devils were giving up 35 to 40 shots a game. In that time period they were a BAD team and needed their HOF Goalie to carry them....he didnt. Now all of a sudden the team plays better D gives up more like 25 shots a game (and thats alot) and all of a sudden he's the old Marty. His success late in the year has been directly attributed to the D the TEAM has played.

As for the Vezina its a 3 horse race between Henrik, Hasek, and Kiprusoff. Hasek shouldnt even be a consideration his TEAM is the sole reason he has those numbers. Ottawa has the best D-men in the league IMO. Kiprusoff, and Henrik have absolutely carried their respective teams, and if you want to really analyze it the Rangers D-Men are light years behind Calgary's.

That is why Henrik deserves the Vezina more than anyone else out there. Unfortunately the league will never give him the Calder. If Crosby gets it, it is the most rigged award EVER. The only 2 people worthy of the award are Ovechkin, and Henrik

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage
    Personally I think Martin Brodeur is an AMAZING Goaltender dont get me wrong there have been seasons in the past where he has carried that team. This year showed me something about him that shocked me. Early in the year the Devils were giving up 35 to 40 shots a game. In that time period they were a BAD team and needed their HOF Goalie to carry them....he didnt. Now all of a sudden the team plays better D gives up more like 25 shots a game (and thats alot) and all of a sudden he's the old Marty. His success late in the year has been directly attributed to the D the TEAM has played.

As for the Vezina its a 3 horse race between Henrik, Hasek, and Kiprusoff. Hasek shouldnt even be a consideration his TEAM is the sole reason he has those numbers. Ottawa has the best D-men in the league IMO. Kiprusoff, and Henrik have absolutely carried their respective teams, and if you want to really analyze it the Rangers D-Men are light years behind Calgary's.

That is why Henrik deserves the Vezina more than anyone else out there. Unfortunately the league will never give him the Calder. If Crosby gets it, it is the most rigged award EVER. The only 2 people worthy of the award are Ovechkin, and Henrik
    That kid Ovechkin is nasty, I watched most of the game when Washington played the Rangers and I couldn't believe that guy was a rookie, he such a beast that game.

All I know is I was at the game last night, as well the game against the Islanders and Brodeur has simply been superb. I guess I can only go by what I see, and I haven't seen Lundy play as much as I have Brodeur, but it's just hard for me to imagine a goalie playing better than Marty has since the new year.

Also, I don't think it's been the D carrying the team as much as just the pure spark that Elias seemed to bring when he returned. The fact that everyone is simply playing better since he came back can't be just a mere coincidence. He's been outstanding.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I am telling you is that during the 2005-2006 season, Lundqvist has been the better goalie and is the better goalie of the two. There's a reason (before tonight - it will only get better) that he has a GAA of 2.12 and SV% of .926. Compare that to Brodeur's GAA of 2.58 and SV% of .909 and I don't see how it's close. If you had watched Lundqvist, you would have realized this for yourself without having to look at the stats.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Devils-2-3-1
    Rangers-4-1-1

I would love to meet the Devils in the playoffs. HIA wouldn't even matter - the Rangers would either sweep or win in 5.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    KING HENRIK

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    I would love to meet the Devils in the playoffs. HIA wouldn't even matter - the Rangers would either sweep or win in 5.

Yea forgot to mention Rangers never lost to the Gerbils in the post season

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Second fiddle?? To what?? Never considered the debbies to be a NY metro team. Sorry no more Stanley cup parades in the parking lots for you guys.