Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OT NY Rangers

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holla when the playoffs start.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    All my hockey buddies aren't talking smack any more.

Finally a competitive team! Richter would be proud to have a netminder like Holmquvist minding the pipes in the garden.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rangers fans here.

I am not sure how anyone can be in the wrong rooting for "their guy" in this discussion. Frankly it has been years since we (Rangers fans) had a guy, but that is exactly what we think we have now.

Who knew Lundquist was going to be this good? Clearly he has been in the top 2 in the NHL for the entire season and our Rangers just stuck five goals past the other one last night (Hasek). As a Rangers fan I'll take the win but I agree with the announcers that many of the Ottawa players' heads were in the Olympics and not the NHL last night.

Having said that, the Devils are on an impressive streak since removing their coach and Broduer has been a huge part of that surge. Broduer is a legend in this sport who has nothing to prove to anyone. He is a man who gets better when the playoffs roll around. He also seems to be rounding into form. Our guy is a rookie pheonomenon who has done nothing other than stone the entire league since day one and who seems to have ice water running throug his veins.

But this is hockey and none of us know anything for sure until we see how he plays in the post season. I for one am looking forward to it.

2005-2006 Consistency? - Big edge Lundquist

Current form? - Toss up maybe a small edge to Broduer becuase of the shutouts recently.

Playoff mojo? - Broduer - No data on Lundquist - Maybe the Olympics give us a clue.

Better Goalie? - Broduer. It is an unfair question. It would be like asking if the rookie Yankee 2nd baseman was better than ARod simply because he had a hot season last year. Broduer is better until proven otherwise. Nothing can be "proven" until Lundquist gets the opporutnities. It aint like Marty is in a wheelchair and letting in six goals a game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    first season i have enjoyed since 1997 -

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    That is why Henrik deserves the Vezina more than anyone else out there. Unfortunately the league will never give him the Calder. If Crosby gets it, it is the most rigged award EVER. The only 2 people worthy of the award are Ovechkin, and Henrik
    I agree, but the league has been pushing Crosby and wants to push pitt.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the Rangers, sucks that they wont be on for three weeks cause of the olympics

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeesJetsgirl
    I love the Rangers, sucks that they wont be on for three weeks cause of the olympics
    Good for Prucha though

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The rangers are really a feel good story. After all the years of overpaying for fat cats, they finally have a team centered around the best player in the NHL with kids who play hard every night and who understand their role.

HOWEVER, how can anyone be a jets fan and a rangers fan at the same time??? Dolan screwed us and the fact that you are boasting the rangers in this forum is absolutely a slap in the fact to all jets fans. Shame on all of you.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dolan is a recent pimple. Albeit a pus-filled pimple. If 50 years of losing did not stop folks from being Rangers fans, why then would the stink of the ownership du-jour have that effect?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mallamalla
    The rangers are really a feel good story. After all the years of overpaying for fat cats, they finally have a team centered around the best player in the NHL with kids who play hard every night and who understand their role.

HOWEVER, how can anyone be a jets fan and a rangers fan at the same time??? Dolan screwed us and the fact that you are boasting the rangers in this forum is absolutely a slap in the fact to all jets fans. Shame on all of you.
    Because we are fans?

And fans stay fans regardless of the idiot who bought the team?

Hey, I hated Dolan before the Jet mess. I hated him more for what for what he did to help squash the stadium, but he did what he thought was right and won.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a side note, how many Rangers fans will be following the Chech Hockey team in the Olympics if the USA gets eliminated? I know I will.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    With all due respect to the Rangers, the Sabres (35-15-3) are 1 point behind the Rangers (33-15-8) with 3 games in hand.

The Sabres are also 2-1 against the Rangers with the only loss coming in a shootout against our back-up goalie.

The Sabres have won their last 6 in a row and 8 of their last 10 including wins over Ottawa, Philly, and the Rangers.

The Rangers beat Ottawa and Philly too, but the balance of their last 10 games have been against the Islanders, Pitt twice, and Boston...not exactly murderer's row.

Ryan Miller has 19 wins in 26 games
    Henrik Lundqvist has 24 wins in 39 games

SV% is nearly identical (.925 to .927)
    GAA is nearly identical (2.09 to 2.18)

Here's the kicker...the Sabres are doing it with a fraction of the Ranger's salary.

I'm not saying that the Rangers aren't having a great season, but they are hardly the only "feel-good" story of '06...and Lundqvist is not running away with any trophies yet.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we're talking Vienza, we gotta be Talking Ryan Miller, Him and Lundqvist are by far the best goalies in the league.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You wouldn't happen to be a fellow sabres fan would ya? Plus the Sabres are winning games WITHOUT some of our top players, although Dumont and Pyatt are back.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffboy
    With all due respect to the Rangers, the Sabres (35-15-3) are 1 point behind the Rangers (33-15-8) with 3 games in hand.

The Sabres are also 2-1 against the Rangers with the only loss coming in a shootout against our back-up goalie.

The Sabres have won their last 6 in a row and 8 of their last 10 including wins over Ottawa, Philly, and the Rangers.

The Rangers beat Ottawa and Philly too, but the balance of their last 10 games have been against the Islanders, Pitt twice, and Boston...not exactly murderer's row.

Ryan Miller has 19 wins in 26 games
    Henrik Lundqvist has 24 wins in 39 games

SV% is nearly identical (.925 to .927)
    GAA is nearly identical (2.09 to 2.18)

Here's the kicker...the Sabres are doing it with a fraction of the Ranger's salary.

I'm not saying that the Rangers aren't having a great season, but they are hardly the only "feel-good" story of '06...and Lundqvist is not running away with any trophies yet.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh please the Rangers are NOT a "feel good story". They've been attempting to buy the NHL for years, and when they finally implement a cap they get lucky. If there was no lockout, they'd still be screwed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcgraw38
    You wouldn't happen to be a fellow sabres fan would ya? Plus the Sabres are winning games WITHOUT some of our top players, although Dumont and Pyatt are back.

Oh yeah...I still have the Buffalo News from when Perreault scored his 500th.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    BuffBoy, there is a salary cap, how do the Sabers have a fraction of the salary.

BTW thank the NHL that you are not in our division and Pittsburgh is.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ranger,Jet & Yankee fan since 1973.
    Recently discovered this awesome web site!
    GO Rangers!
    GO Jets!
    GO Yanks!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

The Rangers are back baby. They are going deeeep into the playoffs this year and winning the cup will be a strong possibility. They are only going to get better and better as the year goes on. Lundquist is no question a top 5 goalie in the league this year and has a huge future ahead of him. The nets will be strong for years to come with the King and soon to be rookie sensation Al Montoya minding the pipes. Getting Sykora was huge and I wouldn't be surprised to see another sniper come in at the deadline. Go Rangers baby.

Big Worm-Out

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut
    Good for Prucha though
    Very true indeed, should be back the week of or week after they come back