Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curtis Martin is a Fossil

Curtis Martin is a Fossil

Face it, Curtis Martin farts dust. he doesn't have it anymore, he's not a threat to break a long one, he's not good in short yardage, and he doesn't move the chains anymore. He needs to go. Not restructure. Just go, get out.

These are the new JETS, brutal, ruthless, devoud of human feelings. Cut ties to the past, its the new era.

Great post !

Sho

Quote Originally Posted by backup_punter
    Face it, Curtis Martin farts dust. he doesn't have it anymore, he's not a threat to break a long one, he's not good in short yardage, and he doesn't move the chains anymore. He needs to go. Not restructure. Just go, get out.

These are the new JETS, brutal, ruthless, devoud of human feelings. Cut ties to the past, its the new era.
    i agree that curtis has lost his speed.that chads days are all but over but remember this.curtis martin is a hall of famer and when chad was healthy he was really good.so lets not totally trash these guys.age hurts us all.so lets thank these guys and say good bye.

Hall Of Fame

Apparently, the new Jets are devoid of spelling skills as well.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by dmaynard
    Apparently, the new Jets are devoid of spelling skills as well.
    LOL....... if you look b-4 you submit post there is a thing called spell check.
    Just a little note for the new Jets....

The young Rb's can still learn a lot from him.I believe he restructures and will be around. He won't have as many carries as in the past , but his experience, work ethic and dedication will serve as a role model for the younger guys.
    The new guys need some veterans on the team to look up to. Curtis can still contribute and is the perfect veteran to keep around. So is Mawae.

Quote Originally Posted by shodan9999
    Great post !

Sho
    great reply!

What is this you write him off after just one bad season? He still has a lot to offer to the team although it probably wont be as a starting RB.

You must be kidding...you can not read between the lines...Curtis is a class act and is willing to alter his contract to help the team...he may only have 1 year left...but I want him as a Jet...I do not think for one minute he is a has been.....I thought the topic was over the top....and not serious....but, this is pro ball and I think these millionaire players will not get their fellings hurt too bad...he has had 10 great years...many wish they had...

Sho

why did i even waste my time reading and then responding to this thread???

Quote Originally Posted by shodan9999
    You must be kidding...you can not read between the lines...Curtis is a class act and is willing to alter his contract to help the team...he may only have 1 year left...but I want him as a Jet...I do not think for one minute he is a has been.....I thought the topic was over the top....and not serious....but, this is pro ball and I think these millionaire players will not get their fellings hurt too bad...he has had 10 great years...many wish they had...

Sho
    Lol buddy there's only only two words in that post and next time you have to put something in there to make it look like your being sarcastic rather than arguing with him. Like a or something. How else are you suppose to tell that a reply that says great post is sarcastic.

Well I guess it does not matter a great deal...but reading between the lines when it is two words would be difficult..after all it is not lines, just one short line...I'll work on it !

Sho

Brillant post Newbie. Way to come up with an insightful indepth analysis of Cmart and his current running ability.

How about posting some responses to well thought out threads for a bit before making an a-- out of yourself before you even hit ten posts.

al toon, so i'm not a message board lifer like u, that makes me not capable of a legitimate opinion. You must still have post concussion syndrome boy

Nothing to do with time on the board only quality of post. If your gonna jump in head first with a bunch of crap about one of the greatest Jets of all time without any real insight backing it up your heading face first into the garbage dump.

Delete this thread, and back_up punter go get a life and become a pats fan

Mods this thread is GARBAGE.

Why garbage? Curtis was a great Jet, great person and all that...but i've had enough. There's no need to kiss his ***, this is football. He'll have his day in Canton, but now he is dragging us down. A lot of it was Herm, but this guy is done, stick a fork in him. I dont want him for the minimum, I just want him to go off into the sunset. Dont fall into the Yankees trap of living in the past, i.e. Mike Stanton, Jeff Nelson, Tino Martinez. Once you're done, you're done

All Pro
    al toon, so i'm not a message board lifer like u, that makes me not capable of a legitimate opinion. You must still have post concussion syndrome boy
    Legitimate opinion? Saying a hall of fame running back of you'r so called "favorite" team farts dust doesn't quite qualify. Thats just ignorant. C-Mart is definatetly in the twilight of his career. But, you should show a little class. You know class? Thats the thing you never attended when you where in school.

All Pro
    I'll agree Curtis must go. As for the other stuff you need to grow up.

No way should we get rid of a Hall of Fame runningback, let him go out with some class and respect on behalf of our organization

The proposed pay-cut is a good move. Bring in a youthful back for curtis to rubb off on like he did LaMont; and work a one-two punch running game like denver or pittsburg
    And Hey, lets try and get the old man to superbowl