Thread: Knicks trade for....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Knicks trade for....

Steve Francis. Give up Hardaway and Ariza. Good trade if that is all they gave up.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really like the trade. i think it is good, but the thing is that i dont know how much money steve francis is making. so we will see how this pans out.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not to mention they also got a 49 million player.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    This trade ensures the knicks will be mediocre to terrible for the next 4-5 years. Blow the team up and start over. Stop taking all those contracts teams are looking to dump.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 51JetsfaninPa51
    Not to mention they also got a 49 million player.
    francis makes 15 million next season, 16.4 next and 17.1 in the last year of his deal. I dont care how much people hate Layden the current Knicks salay cap is far worse than anything Layden ever did.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason423
    francis makes 15 million next season, 16.4 next and 17.1 in the last year of his deal. I dont care how much people hate Layden the current Knicks salay cap is far worse than anything Layden ever did.
    I already posted this in the landing strip but I wanted to post this here because I wanted someone to see it, not sure if someone would on the other one.

But your absolutely right. But you have to realize that Isiah is never going to do that(let contracts expire) because he isn't a skilled GM where he can find talent(that comes cheap) that can work together. And in NY, everything is win now, so all of his moves have come from the pressure of that.

Isiah is an awesome scout and judge of talent, he is one of the best people to make a draft decision, just look at all of his past drafts.

But I do have to say that getting Francis is big for the fact that they are getting a guy that can 1) create his own shot 2) take pressure off Marbury to score all the points and 3) compliment marbury's pure athletic ability.

The reason why Marbury has never really won is because he has never been on a team where he wasn't the number 1 option, and that's exactly what he needs. Hopefully Francis could do that where he takes much of the offensive pressure off of Marbury. I don't know if he could do that but as I said I hope he can.

But also part of Marbury's problem is that he is not a leader and neither is Francis, they are both players with extroidinary talent that need someone else to lead them and the rest of the team. Right now no one on the team is doing that and the team continues to struggle because on the floor no one is pointing them in the right directions and this type of leadership doesn't come from the coach.

The Knicks team themselves are very talented if not one of the most talented teams in the league. I mean the amount of raw talent that is there is unbelievable. That's why many of the NBA analysts said that with Larry Brown as coach, this team would make the playoff's because of his ability to take raw talent, polish it and make the team better. That for the most part hasn't happened but I do have to say that the defensive mentality was much better and that some of the guys on the team do think defensively more often.

The missing piece for the Knicks isn't that they are a terrible talentless team, it's that they are missing a true leader, someone that can put them in the right places, someone that can direct them on the floor, someone that can stand up to the superstars (Marbury, Francis), someone that can place the team on his shoulders when the rest of the team is struggling. Somone smart, intelligent, and wants to win bad.

Now I don't know anybody out there that would fit in more perfectly, I believe, than Kevin Garnett. Now I know the chances of this happening are next to none and I'm not saying that I think the Knicks should pursue him. But, what I am saying is that the Knicks need to go after someone like him. I keep hearing rumors about the Knicks possibly going after an athletic power forward like Kenyon Martin and I tell you this isn't a good idea because of the lack of leadership on this team.

I really honestly believe that the problem with the knicks isn't that they are truly a bad, talentless team. It's that they don't have a leader, somone to direct them in the right direction. A leader on the floor and in the locker room. A guy that sets an example for the rest of the players. That is what the Knicks are lacking and that is something the Knicks need badly more than anything.