Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flying Elvi'"Mangini in over his head"

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingElvis
    This just in:

"2006 Jets most likely to finish in last place...again"

I know thats probably not news to most of you....but it was the best I could do on short notice....
    Your best isn't good enough. Typical Pat's fan.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

This site says Brick is gone before we pick unless we move up. So, do we move up, trade down, or take Cutler? Hmmmm.

Draft locks:
    Bush will go #1, Leinart #2, Ferguson is like 90% the #3 pick and it might not be the Titans, AJ Hawk #6 if not earlier, Mike Huff of Jimmy Williams #9 to Detroit, DeAngelo Williams to Arizona at #10 if they don't sign Jamal Lewis or Ahman Green, Ashton Youboty will be a Chief barring some freakish falling of someone else. The Bears love Dominique Byrd, but he might not be there and if he's not they won't go TE until later.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pac2566
    Let me get this straight... "flying elvis" read on a message board that "icness" heard from someone who knows "insiders" that Magnini and co seem clueless.

That's it right?
    My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Come on now!

I'm just curious...why do we continue to let Patriot fans have accounts and post here? They have nothing positive to offer and their posts are a waste of time. I barely have enough time in my day to keep up with a message board for the team I really follow!

Get a life!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich - ® ©
    Bidding war? I'll give you a box of dooghnuts and a large coffee for Ramsey. Nothing more. Let the fish have him. 5th or 6th round pick. No MORE than that for this guy.

Rich

And that would be a half-eaten box of doughnuts. NO WAY IN HELL DO I GIVE UP A DAY 1 PICK FOR RAMSEY!!! NEVER.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta
    I wasn't agreeing with him you fu#king moron, I was answering a question as to what was being discussed. Learn to read before you respond to me again tool.
    Has anyone ever told you your temper accelerates from 0 - 60 in 4.2 seconds?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet
    Has anyone ever told you your temper accelerates from 0 - 60 in 4.2 seconds?
    Only when unfairly provoked.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wasn't agreeing with him you fu#king moron, I was answering a question as to what was being discussed. Learn to read before you respond to me again tool.

That's what I like about this site. Nice, respectful, civil discussions of football. No name calling.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hahahaha. Apparently you are "unfairly provoked" ten times a day.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

That's too bad because I am actually working on my PHD dissertation in English as we write...but thanks for making my point for me about how you will argue with anything like a four year old...cheers!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why hasn't this trash been moved to the "dump" yet?

Pure trash.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by klecko73god
    Hahahaha. Apparently you are "unfairly provoked" ten times a day.
    LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it possible for a pats fan who posts on a Jets site to be "unfairly provoked"?...it seems you are the provoker my friend...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    As reported on RealGM messageboard by a scout/moderator (Icness) attending the combines. He has been talking with scouts and agents and has a lot of good inside info.

Unfortunately, it looks like Mangini and co. are looking like the "Same old Jets"

He also says the Jets and Dolphins are in a bidding war for Patrick Ramsey

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtop...r=asc&start=24
    Aren't these people suppose to be scouting? instead of looking up Mangini's A S S .

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He also says the Jets and Dolphins are in a bidding war for Patrick Ramsey
    Let me see if I've got this straight: Nick Saban is supposedly a genius, but the Jets and Dolphins are in a purported bidding war for Patrick Ramsey.

If this illustrates how hopelessly lost the Jets new FO is, then Saban must be a buffoon as well.

Or, better yet, Saban is just trying to drive up the price before he pulls out of the bidding "war" and leaves the Jets with the booby prize.

Judging by the desperation of some people to characterize this Jets regime as over their heads, I have to think to the contrary they must be doing something right.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

I read the whole page. Other than the gratuitous Jets bashing, there was some interesting nuggets (DPP is supposedly a Director of Player Personnel from an NFC team):

IC: Who are the top 3 QBs on your board?
    DPP: Leinart is a clear #1. He could be a starter next year if needed. He's not as high as Carson Palmer or Eli Manning, but he's much higher than Alex Smith or Phillip Rivers. Jay Cutler is #2. I really like his determination and his ability to deliver a strike with a guy in his face. #3 would be Brodie Croyle. Croyle would be a surefire 1st rounder if he didn't have all those knee and hand problems.

IC: Give me two guys who helped themselves the most, and two who hurt themselves the most.
    DPP: There's no question that a lot of people were very impressed with D'Brickashaw gaining the weight and not sacrificing any quickness. He's the #1 guy on our draft board now and he wasn't when he got here. I'd have to say that so far the other guy who is really moving up would be the Mangold kid, the center. He's better than any center in our division right now and his athletic ability was proven here.

IC: Last question. Give me your top 5 on your draft board
    DPP: Right now, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Mario Williams, AJ Hawk, Reggie Bush, and Matt Leinart.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiJet
    Why hasn't this trash been moved to the "dump" yet?

Pure trash.
    Good call MJ.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
    Good call MJ.
    Thank you.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti
    this is what's expected of them, if they play the fool no one will expect anything different until they see it for themselves. In other words maybe mangini et al are playing a game of setting expectations low.

Cmon let's be real he can't be in over his head more than Herman - but the perception was that Herm is a great coach - it's all about pereception. Mangini is the anti-Herm.
    DUDE!!!!YOU ARE SO RIGHT ON THE POINT WITH THAT SH=T!!!HERM IS THE ANTI DISCIPLINE!!!!WE ARE GUNNA BE POSITIVE CRAP..WAY TO GO..GOOD POST..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are still getting gratuitous thrills about bashing Herm. Mangini hasn't been on the job for two months yet so how the heel can you tell what he can or can't do. Let me answer that for you!!!!! YOU CAN'T... I get it already you don't like Herm OK but say something definitive about why Mangini is such a genius and how wise he is by doing something. AND BEFORE you say something INSANE, I am in favor of this regime BUT STOP THE NONSENSE...Good Grief!!!!!