Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flying Elvi'"Mangini in over his head"

Flying Elvi'"Mangini in over his head"

As reported on RealGM messageboard by a scout/moderator (Icness) attending the combines. He has been talking with scouts and agents and has a lot of good inside info.

Unfortunately, it looks like Mangini and co. are looking like the "Same old Jets"

Speaking of the Jets, they are not impressing many people here. Mangini appears a bit over his head, and the guys I talked to that interviewed with them felt like the Jets were just going thru the motions and don't really know what they're looking for. That's second hand info; I haven't even seen Mangini and I don't know their assistants or scouts.
    He also says the Jets and Dolphins are in a bidding war for Patrick Ramsey

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtop...r=asc&start=24
    Last edited by FlyingElvis; 02-27-2006 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingElvis
    As reported on RealGM messageboard by a scout (Icness) attending the combines. He has been talking with scouts and agents and has a lot of good inside info.

Unfortunately, it looks like Mangini and co. are looking like the "Same old Jets"

What a shocker that a Pansy fan would start this thread.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by klecko73god
    What a shocker that a Pansy fan would start this thread.
    But if Mangini was still in that Sh!thole NewEngland, they'd be calling him a genius for sure.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingElvis
    As reported on RealGM messageboard by a scout (Icness) attending the combines. He has been talking with scouts and agents and has a lot of good inside info.

okay so 'icness' says he heard from someone that manigin isnt impressing anyone but HE hasnt even seen him????

and this is worth bringing back here???

exactly who is Eric supposed to impress??? I think they are there to get impressed and not the other way around....sounds like a bunch of jealous beetches mad at the pretty girl for having a nice dress at prom

give me a break, not impressing anyone, lmao

Quote Originally Posted by JetinHuntersville
    But if Mangini was still in that Sh!thole NewEngland, they'd be calling him a genius for sure.
    Remember this time last year when all the Pansies were badmouthing Weis and saying ND would win three games max in '05?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

"That's second hand info; I haven't even seen Mangini and I don't know their assistants or scouts"

what a well supported post ... i love your source ...

l_j_r

All League
    Boy what depth of information, I'm now truly worried about our new front office
    team!!!

wow,, tough comment there..i think its though

i hope its or im gonna be and

this is what's expected of them, if they play the fool no one will expect anything different until they see it for themselves. In other words maybe mangini et al are playing a game of setting expectations low.

Cmon let's be real he can't be in over his head more than Herman - but the perception was that Herm is a great coach - it's all about pereception. Mangini is the anti-Herm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green
    okay so 'icness' says he heard from someone that manigin isnt impressing anyone but HE hasnt even seen him????

Obviously it is.

Do you get all your info straight from Mangini? Of course not.

Everything you get is second hand.

Just like Icness,...but unfortuately for you, Icness gets his second hand info from actual insiders in the know.

Hey, don't kill the messenger just cuz your coach and staff are clueless.......

exactly who is Eric supposed to impress??? I think they are there to get impressed and not the other way around....sounds like a bunch of jealous beetches mad at the pretty girl for having a nice dress at prom

give me a break, not impressing anyone, lmao

Even I would have to addmit that it's bit premature to start sayng Mangini is in over his head. As much as I love to bash the Jets and some Jet fans , there is no basis on which Mangini can be bashed, it would be like criticizing a race car driver before the starting gun.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

oh brother...

Quote Originally Posted by shasta
    Even I would have to addmit that it's bit premature to start sayng Mangini is in over his head. As much as I love to bash the Jets and some Jet fans , there is no basis on which Mangini can be bashed, it would be like criticizing a race car driver before the starting gun.
    And this is coming from shasta of all people. That just says it all right there.

Remember this time last year when all the Pansies were badmouthing Weis and saying ND would win three games max in '05?
    No one bad mouthed Weis you little moron, the vast majority of Pats fans were sad to see him go but happy he was getting his shot. So don't try and make things up like Pats fans where rooting against him you stupid little

The guy had ONE year as a DC

And the new GM is nothing but a lawyer.

I thought they were clueless long before reading that.

But obviously word on the "inside" only confirms it.....

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Mangini appears a bit over his head, and the guys I talked to that interviewed with them felt like the Jets were just going thru the motions and don't really know what they're looking for. That's second hand info; I haven't even seen Mangini and I don't know their assistants or scouts.
    Let me get this straight.

Guys who interviewed with the Jets but didn't get offered jobs think the Jets didn't know what they were looking for during the interview process?

That sounds like something they told their wives to help get over the fact that someone else got the job.

Hall Of Fame

seriously, how could he 'look' like he was over his head???

is he standing around looking like this?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

seriously, how could he 'look' like he was over his head???

is he standing around looking like this?

If that is the case maybe he meant he looks like he has been GIVING HEAD???

Oh, yeah, I remember that....not. FInd just one and I'll apologize.

I think it was just the opposite. Pat fans were predicting good things for ND, while Jet fans were saying Brady would fall apart without Weis to prop him up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailgater
    Oh, yeah, I remember that....not. FInd just one and I'll apologize.

I think it was just the opposite. Pat fans were predicting good things for ND, while Jet fans were saying Brady would fall apart without Weis to prop him up.
    and he did. Champ Bailey ring a bell?