Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT- Fantasy Baseball League

Hall Of Fame

OT- Fantasy Baseball League

Mods please don't move this thread to the baseball forum or anywhere else.

Guys, e-mail or PM if you're planning on joining.

Yahoo Fantasy Baseball ID# 199210 Password: mlb

This league is a dynasty league, meaning the league will continue from year to year with each person keeping the same roster they had the year before. There will be a major league roster and a minor league roster. The major league roster is the roster that will appear on the league page. These are the players that you will play with on a week to week basis. Each team will also have a minor league roster with a maximum on 15 players on this roster. The requirements to be on the minor league roster are as follows: A player must not have exceeded 75 at-bats or 50 innings pitched. If a player who was on your minor league roster to begin the season exceeds these limits during the season, the manager must either move the player to the major league roster or drop the player in the free agent pool. Also, a player who has not exceeded 50 IP or 75 AB's may be moved to the major league roster, though once a player is put on the major league roster he may not be moved back to the minor league roster.

Before the Live Draft, I would like to conduct the minor league Draft. For the minor league draft, only those players who have not exceeded the stated limits are eligible. This draft will be conducted by having all league members e-mail me their list of desired players for their minor league roster. Remember, there is a max of 15 players on this roster, but if you want the max 15 players, I would suggest making a longer list, since it is extremely unlikely you will get all the minor league players you covet. I will go from team to team taking the highest available player on each of the lists. You do not need to have the max 15 player, you may have less.

During the season, I will alert you when players are no longer eligible for the minor league roster. I will then need you to tell me what action you will take. If you promote the player to the major league roster, you must drop a major league player to make room. You may also add/drop players to you minor league roster during the season, so long as you do not exceed 15 players on that roster. But remember to alert me, so I can make the change on your roster list. For your major league roster, you may add/remove major league players freely. Please post changes on the message board an e-mail the change to me as well.

Any questions can be sent to me at mryankee90@yahoo.com or roddybarajas@yahoo.com.

Sounds good, just why don't you have normal keeper league rules, you have to have drafts every year with unprotected guys, and new minor leaguers etc.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Sounds good, just why don't you have normal keeper league rules, you have to have drafts every year with unprotected guys, and new minor leaguers etc.
    I just really like the though of going year to year with the same team. I've been doing a dynasty league for football (without minor leaguers of course) and it has worked great. You can really see the benefit of drafting young a few years down the the road.

Hall Of Fame
    bump.

TMahoney
    I'm in. My PM doesn't work so I'll email you.

in, just registered

registered and ready to go, captain...

Hall Of Fame
    bump.

Hall Of Fame
    I would go in but I don't like the idea of the minor league. Sorry but I must decline.

Hall Of Fame
    any takers?

Come on, we only need 2 more people in this to make it a solid league. There HAS to be 2 more people down for this on the board.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    Come on, we only need 2 more people in this to make it a solid league. There HAS to be 2 more people down for this on the board.
    I was just skeptical about the whole legacy thing going on for years...whatever though...I'm down...I'll sign up now...make it one more!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JCappy
    I was just skeptical about the whole legacy thing going on for years...whatever though...I'm down...I'll sign up now...make it one more!
    If you're skeptical about me continuing it for years to come, don't worry. I've been doing a Dynasty League for football and it will be going on its 3rd season.

Hall Of Fame
    The league is set for 12. Let's try to fill 'er up as soon as possible.

One to go...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mryankee90
    If you're skeptical about me continuing it for years to come, don't worry. I've been doing a Dynasty League for football and it will be going on its 3rd season.
    No...I was just wondering if maybe it would get old or I'd simply forget about it after a while... It's cool though...I do a leauge every year so I'm sure it'll be fine

Veteran
    i just sent a pm, does that mean i could join, or do i need to wait for a response?

i want to join

Quote Originally Posted by norm428
    i just sent a pm, does that mean i could join, or do i need to wait for a response?

i want to join
    Just join.

Quote Originally Posted by norm428

i want to join
    go to Yahoo! type in fantasy baseball, click on yahoo fantasy baseball, click on join an existing league, type in the id and password at the top of this thread.