Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: Big East Tourney

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Big win for Rutgers today......big win.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ray....Foye....and everyone will know the name Lowry by the end of March Madness, this kid is the next great point guard in college basketball. Go Cats

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    Big win for Rutgers today......big win.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase
    Cuse has 20 wins in a conference that has 6 teams in the top 25...and have played Uconn and Villanova twice.

In that type of conference they should get in...although getting blown out by Depaul is awful.
    Let's examine those 20 wins shall we.

They beat in the non-conf:

-Bethune-Cookman(15-14, 3rd in the MEAC), Cornell(13-15, 3rd in IVY), Tx Tech(at MSG, 14-16, 7th in Big 12), Siena(15-13, 4th in MAAC), Manhattan(18-10, 1st in MAAC), TCU(6-25, 9th in Mtn West), Colgate(10-19, 6th in Patriot), Davidson(20-10, 2nd in Southern), Ill-Chicago(16-15, 3rd in Horizon), at Towson(12-16, 7th in Colonial), Kent State(22-8, 1st in MAC), UTEP(19-8, 3rd in CUSA)

They did not beat 1 good team from a major conference, their biggest win were against decent mid-majors Davidson and Manhattan and both were very clsoe games at the Dome.

They lost to in the non-conf:

-Florida(at MSG) and Bucknell at home. A decent major program(the only 1 they faced in non-conf) and a decent mid-major at the Dome.

In the BE they beat:

-South Florida, ND, Cincy(twice inclduing yesterday), Rutgers, SJU, Louisville and WVU.

They beat ONE ranked team who is hovering around 20. They built their 20 wins on creampuffs and beat the bad teams in the BE. Against good competition they were beat all year and only beat WVU by 2 at home.

how does cincy not deserve to get in???? if they played in the ACC they would be a 25 win team....
    The BE is better and the ACC is down b/c of defections but it's not like the BE is better than ACC the way the ACC usually is better than the BE. The BE has more decent teams b/c they have 45 teams in the conf but the conf has not been great.

Let's look at Cincy's non conf:

They have ONE good non-cond win and that was a W over LSU at home, they lost to the other ranked team they played at home, Memphis, by double digits. Since Jan 9 they have gone 6-10- that's NOT a Tourney team w/ what they played in the non-conf and just like SU the only decent BE team they beat was WVU at home.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase
    Cuse has 20 wins in a conference that has 6 teams in the top 25...and have played Uconn and Villanova twice.

In that type of conference they should get in...although getting blown out by Depaul is awful.

I think if you cannot go at least .500 in your conference then you do not belong.

If you combine a 3-10 record against RPI top 50, a sub .500 record in conference and losing three of its last four games then I think the Cuse will need to beat UConn to go dancing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Rutgers should just win it all. It would be hilarious. We fired our lousy coach so that the top recruiter in the country (who is from NJ) can now be our head coach. Yet, the players are rallying around our current fired coach, while acknowledging how good our new coach is. LOL I love my alma mater.

This is almost as ridiculous as giving our football coach a 7 year extension when his coaching skills rival that of Herman Edwards.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We fired our lousy coach so that the top recruiter in the country (who is from NJ) can now be our head coach.
    How is Fred Hill the top recruiter in the nation?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetfan_Johnny]I think if you cannot go at least .500 in your conference then you do not belong.

If you combine a 3-10 record against RPI top 50, a sub .500 record in conference and losing three of its last four games then I think the Cuse will need to beat UConn to go dancing.[/Quote

SU played an unbalanced schedule.Played Nova twice, and Uconn three times, as well as cincy twice. Lost to Florida and Bucknell as well.

Three bad loses: The hall, Depaul, and Cincy at home.

They played a normal schedule we would have 22 wins. Anyway in my opionon we truly dont deserve to go...if Cincy and the Hall are left out. We deserve to go over those two teams.

DJR44

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc

Are you serious or joking?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Syracuse is in as long as they don't get pistol whipped today.....Cinci is in.....and I think Seton Hall is out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=djr44]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan_Johnny
    I think if you cannot go at least .500 in your conference then you do not belong.

If you combine a 3-10 record against RPI top 50, a sub .500 record in conference and losing three of its last four games then I think the Cuse will need to beat UConn to go dancing.[/Quote

SU played an unbalanced schedule.Played Nova twice, and Uconn three times, as well as cincy twice. Lost to Florida and Bucknell as well.

They played a normal schedule we would have 22 wins. Anyway in my opionon we truly dont deserve to go...if Cincy and the Hall are left out. We deserve to go over those two teams.

DJR44
    Every year you hear from the committee about how important it is to finish well and the Cuse has struggled late. I think the Big East gets eight teams in to the tourney. Three teams fighting for 2 spots and S.H. didn't do themselves any favors last night so the Cuse may get in.

I am just not sure I agree.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LesterLyles
    Inside beats outside? In college hoops? since when?
    Lester, hitting any of the Nova games this weekend. A lot of the boys are in town tomorrow. Let me know.

Board Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    So you guys are kill me for this, but, after Rutgers stunning upset, i predict that......

Syracuse will upset UConn today.

Yup - you heard it here first!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilma
    So you guys are kill me for this, but, after Rutgers stunning upset, i predict that......

looking good so far. Cuse up 11 at the half

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=djr44]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan_Johnny

DJR44
    How is losing to Bucknell at home not a bad loss? I klnow they are a good mid-major but you have to beat them at home.

Are you serious or joking?
    Very serious, when did the top recruiter rankings come out? He coached at SH, Villanova and Rutgers and last I checked w/ all the great recruting he did none made the FF and Rut and SH rarely make the Tourney. I know he's done some great things in recruting and is known as a great recruiter but to call him the best is a little over the top. If he was as good as you say he'd be at a big time school.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    Who else could have Nova as the #4 team in the nation? Hopefully he'll bring similar uccess to RU after next year.

Where are my RU peeps? Anyone going to MSG tonite? I need a ticket. Help a brudder out.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    Who else could have Nova as the #4 team in the nation? Hopefully he'll bring similar uccess to RU after next year.

Where are my RU peeps? Anyone going to MSG tonite? I need a ticket. Help a brudder out.
    'Nova is #2 and they were a big time program w/ big time talent about a decade ago and they won a Nat'l Title 21 years ago so it's possible to win at Villanova. I'm not trying to say he isn't a big time recruiter but when the term "best" is thrown around it makes me question it. Hopefully he can recruit well to RU and you guys can become a good program. There certainly is enough talent in the NY-NJ-Philly area to have a successful program at Rutgers.

Board Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Biting my nails....OT just started in this one

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Biting my nails....OT just started in this one
    86-84 'Cuse wins. Damn good call. Thats the kind of win that puts you in the tourney.

Board Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys email your brackets on Monday - I gurantee you'll win some $$