Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: Big East Tourney

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

OT: Big East Tourney

Yes baby GMac and Cuse get a big win today over Cincy on a 3 by Mcnamara.

Cuse should now (I hope) get in at 20-11.

But boy oh boy here comes MIGHTY Uconn tomorrow at noon

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase
    Yes baby GMac and Cuse get a big win today over Cincy on a 3 by Mcnamara.

Cuse should now (I hope) get in at 20-11.

But boy oh boy here comes MIGHTY Uconn tomorrow at noon
    sickest interconference tourney in a looooong while.

Lets Go Uconn.

Board Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    AMAZING ending in the 'Cuse - Cinci game....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still see noone that can give UConn any trouble. The only team that possible can IMO is West Virginia. They're good enough of a perimeter team and wouldn't have to worry about UConn under the glass.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uconn? Alan Ray and Randy Foye are going to be lighting you up all night long on Saturday...if you get there?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uconn I believe is the best team in the nation and will win the national title. But to say there isn't any team in the big east who can give them fits is pretty absurd. The big east tourny, I believe, is deepr in talent then ANY bracket in the tourny will be. You have Uconn, WVU, Nova, Pitt, Marquette, Cuse, G'town, and teams like Lousiville and Notre Dame who can be deadly even though they didn't live up to expectations. This is the by FAR deepest confrence in the tournament and on any given night, and I mean, ANY, any team can beat another. Uconn is the best team in the nation, but their problem is they can play down to their opponents. They might come out and rock someone by 25 one night, then barely beat a crap team by 3 the next because they were so confident. Don't get me wrong, they probably will win the tourny, as this is the time Jim Calhoun gets his teams ready for the tournament (see the national title win two years ago when in the big east tourny they were down by over 10 to pitt with a couple minutes left in the finals and Ben Gordon went OFF, Julius Page wound up choking hard core, and they won both the big east tournament (Pitt won the big east) and the national title). Uconn CAN be upset. The question is will they? I'm a Pitt student so I'd LOVE to see a Pitt/Uconn rematch as their regular season game was CLASSIC even though they lost, and if their is any one win that would get them ready for the tourny, it would be a win over Uconn. All I can say is that this will be the best-pre NCAA tourny by FAR. LETS GO PITT!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    uconn lacks toughness. They are clearly the most talented team but they can be upset. Gay has yet to show that he will come through in a big spot.

the whole season should have an asterick. The fact that Marcus Williams was allowed to play this year was an utter farce!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    UCONN is the team to beat. In the NCAA tourney as well.

But, I gotta give G-Mac his due. He wasn't going out like that!!!

Being from Syracuse I'm a huge SU fan, but I have no realistic expectations that they will beat UCONN. BUT, it'll be a REALLY good day if they do.

GO CUSE!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LesterLyles
    Uconn? Alan Ray and Randy Foye are going to be lighting you up all night long on Saturday...if you get there?
    an exceptional inside team will beat an exceptional perimeter team 9 out of ten times. Yall got your one already...

UConn is also deeper (which helps when you play so many tough games so close together) and has a pretty potent perimeter game. Nova's got no inside game to speak of.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    uconn lacks toughness. They are clearly the most talented team but they can be upset. Gay has yet to show that he will come through in a big spot.

the whole season should have an asterick. The fact that Marcus Williams was allowed to play this year was an utter farce!
    lacks toughness? Have you watched them at all?

although I do agree with you on Gay. I don't know why the guy's projected as the #1 pick. He's been downright awful the past 4 to 5 games.

The fact that Marcuz Williams has something like 50 assists and 15 turnovers the past 5 games is utterly beautiful

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

yes sir

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan
    an exceptional inside team will beat an exceptional perimeter team 9 out of ten times. Yall got your one already...

UConn is also deeper (which helps when you play so many tough games so close together) and has a pretty potent perimeter game. Nova's got no inside game to speak of.
    Inside beats outside? In college hoops? since when?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know the SU game was exciting but the other 3 have been dreadul including the current game where 10 mins in Louisville has 2 points. This is dreadful basketball, I would hope it gets better tomorrow. I know the line has been how "great" the BE has been this year but it's not a great conf. It's the best this year but CBB is way down and it's the best of a bad year. The BE has 2 big time teams at the top but after that it's mediocrity.

By the way, SU needs to beat UConn to get in and neither SU, Cincy or SH deserve to get in.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cuse has 20 wins in a conference that has 6 teams in the top 25...and have played Uconn and Villanova twice.

In that type of conference they should get in...although getting blown out by Depaul is awful.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    I know the SU game was exciting but the other 3 have been dreadul including the current game where 10 mins in Louisville has 2 points. This is dreadful basketball, I would hope it gets better tomorrow. I know the line has been how "great" the BE has been this year but it's not a great conf. It's the best this year but CBB is way down and it's the best of a bad year. The BE has 2 big time teams at the top but after that it's mediocrity.

By the way, SU needs to beat UConn to get in and neither SU, Cincy or SH deserve to get in.
    true, i actually had lousiville upsetting tonight but looks like that's not working out

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc

how does cincy not deserve to get in???? if they played in the ACC they would be a 25 win team....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    did any1 else see jim boheim go ape sh*t at the reporters after the game for being hard on mcnamara all year. preety funny stuff

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    damn that was one of the luckiest game winning buzzer beaters ive seen

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cuse is going down tomorrow to UConn! UConn struggled a bit on the guard play by both WVU and Villanova. In the WVU game, UConn adjusted at halftime and finished WVU off. In the Villanova game, they weren't able to adjust quick enough, and were lit up in a span of a couple moments by their 3 point game. However, Calhoun adjusted beautifully to Villanova for their rematch, and it showed. If UConn is able to play any bit like they did last time they played, Villanova doesn't have a chance, besides shooting something like 60% from downtown.

I agree that Rudy Gay has lacked killer instinct, and sometimes agressiveness, the UConn team has not in the least bit. How can a team lack toughness when they lead the nation in blocks, and are up there in rebound margin? They are damn tough inside, and their guard play/small forward play has the toughness to make the biggest shots without a thought of potentially missing it. (See Rashad Anderson and Marcus Williams at the end of the game... Hell lets throw in Denham Brown too...)

One sportswriter wrote it out best... "If UConn is playing their best, you might as well go home, becuase they will beat you." If any of the starters isn't performing, their bench will fix the hole within moments. Yep, they can struggle once in a while, just like every team does.

I guarantee you they won't be playing down to any opponents in the Big East Tournament or Big Dance...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets Go Mountaineers!!! Lets go drink some beers!!!