Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Wbc Obviously Isn't Important....

  1. #1

    Wbc Obviously Isn't Important....

    BECAUSE A-ROD GOT A "BIG" HIT. LOVED THIS BACK PAGE OF THE DAILY NEWS TODAY!!


  2. #2
    I guess his game tying hit in the bottom of the 12th against the Twins in October didn't count... I guess he just can't win with idiots that no nothing about the sport.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    I guess his game tying hit in the bottom of the 12th against the Twins in October didn't count... I guess he just can't win with idiots that no nothing about the sport.

    WOW...YOUR WITTY REPLY AND NAME CALLING REALLY OFFEND ME.

    HE IS THE BEST PLAYER IN BASBALL, NO DOUBT, BUT LOOK AT HIS PRODUCTION IN BIG SPOTS THROUGHOUT HIS CAREER, DON'T JUST PICK 1 AB THAT DEFENDS HIM. LOOK AT GAMES 4-7 AGAINST BOSTON 2 YEARS AGO. THE $25 MILLION DOLLAR MAN CAN HAVE ALL THE MVP REGULAR SEASONS HE WANTS, BUT BE "THE MAN" COME PLAYOFF TIME THEN! JETER DOES IT, BERNIE DID IT, WHY CAN'T A-ROD? HE GETS PAID ALL THAT $$$ TO DO IT IN OCTOBER, NOT MAY & JUNE.


    AS FOR: "I guess he just can't win with idiots that no nothing about the sport. " I'VE FORGOTTEN MORE ABOUT BASEBALL THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW. 4 YEARS OF COLLEGE BALL AND 5 MORE PLAYING PROFESSIONALLY, I'VE LEARNED ALOT. THE FACT THAT YOUR SCREEN NAME IS jeffweaverfan TELLS ME ALL I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOU.
    Last edited by tooooon88; 03-13-2006 at 04:26 PM.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by tooooon88
    WOW...YOUR WITTY REPLY AND NAME CALLING REALLY OFFEND ME.

    HE IS THE BEST PLAYER IN BASBALL, NO DOUBT, BUT LOOK AT HIS PRODUCTION IN BIG SPOTS THROUGHOUT HIS CAREER, DON'T JUST PICK 1 AB THAT DEFENDS HIM. LOOK AT GAMES 4-7 AGAINST BOSTON 2 YEARS AGO. THE $25 MILLION DOLLAR MAN CAN HAVE ALL THE MVP REGULAR SEASONS HE WANTS, BUT BE "THE MAN" COME PLAYOFF TIME THEN! JETER DOES IT, BERNIE DID IT, WHY CAN'T A-ROD? HE GETS PAID ALL THAT $$$ TO DO IT IN OCTOBER, NOT MAY & JUNE.


    AS FOR: "I guess he just can't win with idiots that no nothing about the sport. " I'VE FORGOTTEN MORE ABOUT BASEBALL THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW. 4 YEARS OF COLLEGE BALL AND 5 MORE PLAYING PROFESSIONALLY, I'VE LEARNED ALOT. THE FACT THAT YOUR SCREEN NAME IS jeffweaverfan TELLS ME ALL I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOU.
    The caps are not really necessary.

    Your next paragraph is just idiotic. OK, lets look at his production in big spots throughout his career. In the postseason he has hit .305/.393/.534. He has 6 HR's, 19 runs, and 16 RBI's in 31 games. He tore it up in the ALDS, then hit well in the first few games of the ALCS before going ice cold, as did every Yankee. I didn't realize that if you have a bad few games you all of a sudden never get big hits.

    Now you wanted to compare him to Jeter, so lets do it. In the postseason he has hit .307/.379/.463. He has 16 HR's, 81 runs, and 47 RBI's in 115 games. Worse numbers per game than A-Rod. You mentioned A-Rod not performing in the 2004 ALCS but how about Jeter? Hitting .200/.333/.233 was beyond awful. I don't blame him for that, because players get in slumps at times - even in October.

    So yeah, he (like Jeter) has done it in October and will continue to.

    I love people that use lines like "I've forgotten more about such and such than you will ever know." How about coming up with something original and actually stating some facts. Maybe you are so jealous of A-Rod because you, unlike him, couldn't make it... I don't know. Sounds like you learned quite a bit with your playing though.

    As for my username - this is what you have come up with to prove your argument??? Hilarious. In fact, I'm pretty sure I joined this board and made this username after he was traded, but who really cares? I do find it funny that you actually went for the username argument though.

  5. #5
    I didn't want the WBC at first, but now I realize it's value

  6. #6
    Who Would You Rather Have Up In A Big Spot, Jeter Or A-rod???

    1st & 3rd, 2 Outs, Tie Game Bottom 9....who Do You Want At The Plate???


    That Is My Argument!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by tooooon88
    Who Would You Rather Have Up In A Big Spot, Jeter Or A-rod???

    1st & 3rd, 2 Outs, Tie Game Bottom 9....who Do You Want At The Plate???


    That Is My Argument!
    A-Rod, no question

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by tooooon88
    Who Would You Rather Have Up In A Big Spot, Jeter Or A-rod???

    1st & 3rd, 2 Outs, Tie Game Bottom 9....who Do You Want At The Plate???


    That Is My Argument!
    Firstly, that wasn't your argument. Jeter is known as one of the most clutch players in baseball (not saying that's true) so this was not to compare Jeter and A-Rod. You were saying that A-Rod never gets a big hit. Either way, if it's a tie game or down by 1, you may want Jeter because he has a better batting avergae. But if the Yanks were down by 2 or 3, I would go with A-Rod. And, if this was the 2005 season, I would want A-Rod up and numerous other guys over Jeter no matter what the situation. Had A-Rod did what Jeter did last season with 2 outs in the 9th innings of games, he would have been absolutely blasted by the fans and the media.

  9. #9
    A-Rod gets alot more respect from me after that hit. This is important, that was the biggest hit he has ever had in his entire life. Other countries are taking this very seirously don't understand why most in USA are not.

  10. #10

    "WBC obviously isnt important..."

    Because the US game only drew 21,288 and that was the high attendance for the three games.

    Nobody cares about pre season baseball no matter how creatively you package it.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan_Johnny
    Because the US game only drew 21,288 and that was the high attendance for the three games.

    Nobody cares about pre season baseball no matter how creatively you package it.
    I think Mexico Vs. Korea drew 40 thousand.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan_Johnny
    Because the US game only drew 21,288 and that was the high attendance for the three games.

    Nobody cares about pre season baseball no matter how creatively you package it.
    How US-centric. Americans don't go to the US games so NO ONE cares?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    How US-centric. Americans don't go to the US games so NO ONE cares?
    If you read my post the 21,000+ they drew to the US game in Calif. was the most people drawn to any of the three games yesterday. I believe the other two games were 19k and 6k respectively.

    The tournament itself is US centric:

    1. They are playing the championship in the US.
    2. MLB put the whole thing together
    3. The groups favor the US playing in the final.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan_Johnny
    3. The groups favor the US playing in the final.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by KoreanJet
    Korea played fantastic baseball and I was sad to see them losing to Japan.

    Cuba vs. Japan in the finals... Who would have thought there would be a grand total of 2 major league players in the finals of the WBC? I put $40 on Cuba to win the whole thing before it started at 5 to 1 odds so I'll be pulling for them big time, although facing Daisuke Matsuzaka scares me - especially when Cuba's best pitcher, Pedro Lazo, will not be able to pitch in the finals.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us