Thread: Need to pick your brains re HR Pool

Veteran

Need to pick your brains re HR Pool

I'm in a pool where I need to pick the players with the most HR totals (last year you guys gave me some great advise where I finished 6th out of 200)

I need to pick 3 players from the pool below based strictly on HRs:
    Ensberg
    Griffey
    Floyd
    Hafner
    Bay
    Burrell

the rest of my team is complete with the exception of the last 3 spots.
    thanks in advance.

I'm a little drunk right now and I'll give you more advice tomorrow, but Travis Hafner has to be one of the 3 picks you have.

I'll give you PECOTA's predictions for their HR totals:

Ensberg: He hit 36 HR's last year and they predict he will hit 25 HR's this year.

Griffey: He hit 35 HR's last year and they predict he will hit 29 HR's this year.

Floyd: He hit 34 HR's last year and they predict he will hit 23 HR's this year.

Hafner: He hit 33 HR's last year and they predict he will hit 33 HR's this year.

Bay: He hit 32 HR's last year and they predict he will hit 32 HR's this year.

Burrell: Hit 32 HR's last year and they predict he will hit 27 HR's this year.

I like Hafner the most out of them all. I also like Bay as he is only 27 so he's entering his prime. I would stay away from Floyd and Griffey is a question mark because of his health. He was great in the WBC but who knows.

I'd go with Hafner, Bay, and either Griffey or Burrell.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    I'll give you PECOTA's predictions for their HR totals:

Ensberg: He hit 36 HR's last year and they predict he will hit 25 HR's this year.

Griffey: He hit 35 HR's last year and they predict he will hit 29 HR's this year.

Floyd: He hit 34 HR's last year and they predict he will hit 23 HR's this year.

Hafner: He hit 33 HR's last year and they predict he will hit 33 HR's this year.

Bay: He hit 32 HR's last year and they predict he will hit 32 HR's this year.

Burrell: Hit 32 HR's last year and they predict he will hit 27 HR's this year.

I like Hafner the most out of them all. I also like Bay as he is only 27 so he's entering his prime. I would stay away from Floyd and Griffey is a question mark because of his health. He was great in the WBC but who knows.

I'd go with Hafner, Bay, and either Griffey or Burrell.

THANKS- I was leaning towards Hafner, Bay and Burrell also.
    BTW--as painful as it was (being a Met fan) I have ARod in this pool as well.