Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Duke Lost ????

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak
    :d

Go Gators!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
    Yeah boyy...lets go gators!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 51 VILMA 51
    see him crying after the game.

all the duke greats have won championships.

but not him.
    All duke greats have not won Championships. They have 3 and 2 of them came in a 2 yr stretch. Most dukle greats have not won Championships and JJ Redick was NOT a great college player. He was the nxt overhyped duke player, he put up great scoring #s b/c he shot mroe than anyone else. He was alwasy a choker in college, neevr hit a GW shot and you can aount on one hand the games he hit a big shot or 2 in the final minutes. This was typical Tourney JJ.

Hopefully the media now becomes fair and looks at what duke has done since 1995. In the 12 seasons they have advanced past the Sweet 16 FOUR times and only made 3 FFs. They make it seem like they have won 4 titles and been in the FF every year. Also, since 2000 duke has lost in the Sweet 16 FIVE tims including 4 times as a 1 seed- that is not greatness.

Everything duke is always pumped up by ESPN and co. and hopefully that ends soon and I hope the duke fans enjoy watching the heels cut down the nest again next year in the same building they just choked in again

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by halfsharkalligatorhalfman
    i feel bad for jj redick. It's not fair that LSU had a better team and scored more points than Duke.

But seriously he took a lot of **** just because he plays for duke and tries hard.
    No, he took alot of **** b/c of his cocky attitude and the way he was pumped up and overrated by "experts".

Couldn't happen to 2 better people

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87
    Don't feel too bad, he's about to get a pretty nice payday in the NBA.
    That's true but it's hard to go out the way he and his team did.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87
    Don't feel too bad, he's about to get a pretty nice payday in the NBA.
    He'll do well by normal standards but the buk of his money will be made playing in Europe- he'll be out of the NBA w/in 3 years. Too unathletic and won't get all the typical duke BS calls in the NBA not to mention he's not half as good a shooter as ESPn and co. try to get us to believe. This year was by far his best yr and he only shot 42% from 3. Contrast that w/ Steve Kerr(who people like to think JJ can become in the NBA) who shot 57% from 3 in his only yr in college w/ the 3 pt shot.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This anti-Duke thing is so annoying (though understandable coming from UNC fans). They are a great program with a terrific coach and a history of graduating their players and being stocked with class guys, not just talented, two-years-to-the-NBA win quick guys. They were a great team this year that ran into a terrible matchup for them.

Oh, plus my final four is LSU, UCLA, UCONN and Nova, so I was loving last night's games. That Gonzaga choke job may have saved my bracket and made me a ton of $$

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it
    This anti-Duke thing is so annoying (though understandable coming from UNC fans). They are a great program with a terrific coach and a history of graduating their players and being stocked with class guys, not just talented, two-years-to-the-NBA win quick guys. They were a great team this year that ran into a terrible matchup for them.

Oh, plus my final four is LSU, UCLA, UCONN and Nova, so I was loving last night's games. That Gonzaga choke job may have saved my bracket and made me a ton of $$
    They have advanced beyond the Sweet 16 FOUR times in 12 years! That is not greatness, great regular seasons do not define greatenss. Greatenss is defined in the Tourney and they have been a 1 seed and lost in the Sweet 16 4 times since 2000. FOUR times as a 1 seed they didn't even advance to the reg final. This is not duke '86-'94 where they had 7 FFs in 9 years. This is a program that is overhyped every year now b/c of what they did 15-20 years ago. Carolina went through the worst stretch in school history in the awkward transition from Dean to Roy and even w/ that the heels have more 5 FFs in that span compared to 3 for duke.

The duke team and it's players are overhyped year after year, anyone w/ eyes could see JJ was not a great player. He has NEVER done a thing in the NCAA Tourney(outside of the 1st rd where they play 16 seeds), for such a great shooter this was BY FAR his best year and he only shot 42% from 3. He shoots more than anyone else which is why he scores more than anyone else. Both JJ and duke are overhyped beyond belief.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    By the way they aren't 2 years to the NBA guys(although since '99 they have lost quite a few and may lose McShav this year) b/c of K. He gets mroe McD's AA's than anyone but he doesn't develop them and if they are great quickly he lies to them about where they will be drafted or names them Captain to try to lure them back. At UNC Dean and Roy have urged players to leave b/c it's in the players best interest while at duke K only does what's in his best interests. Michael Jordan WANTED to stay for his Sr. year at UNC but Dean told him to go. Even guys like Mcinnis and Forte(Forte left under Doherty) left against the coach's wishes yeat they were publicly supported unlikr K who blasted William Avery(after lying to him about where he'd be drafted) and Mike Dunleavy(after his Captain trick didn't work).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's another good stat on the "great" Duke program.

Since 2000 #1 seeds are 16-5 in the Sweet 16 rd of the Tourney- Duke lost FOUR of those 5.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Im not anti-Duke because of the program, Im anti-Duke because every teenager and their mother roots for them even though they have no connection to the school.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I have Texas, Memphis, BC and UConn. (I did call LSU beating Duke, which was sweet. I was wrong about Gonzaga - UCLA though)

I have Texas beating UConn in the final.

But I hate Duke. It's fun to hate them. They never seem to get it done. Redick is a horrible defender. He'll be a bust in the NBA. He won't last 5 years in that league. Redick always gets shut down in the tourney and he can't cover anyone, even at the college level.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry, yes I know Duke is out, but where was North Carolina last night?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS234
    I'm sorry, yes I know Duke out, but where was North Carolina last night?
    it's a team of freshman that lost ALL of its players from last year... crappy comparison

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still a fact.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool. I had LSU in my pool...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetinHuntersville
    Screw Duke, Screw that faggot Reddick. Nice name Red dick. Duke always reminds me of a bunch of whiny crybaby Tom Brady's, beginning with that ahole coach. Look of all these idiots that played there. Ferry, Laettner, Cherokee Parks, Redick. How f'n annoting can you get. I hope they lose almost as much as the Yankees, Fish and Patsies.
    Extra points for working in a Tom Brady slam into a TOTALLY UNRELATED thread!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS234
    I'm sorry, yes I know Duke is out, but where was North Carolina last night?
    Laughing at duke as they gear up for another title run next year.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 51JetsfaninPa51
    Yeah thats right baby...LSU... Im just so happy to see DUKE LOSE. I am SO HAPPY TO SEE DUCK LOSE. NOW ITS GONZAGAS turn to win..
    or maybe not. DOH!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesQB718
    By the way, now that J.J. is out, we can all watch the Player of the Year, Adam Morrison.

He's tearing it up, 16 pts. on 7 of 11 shooting, leading Gonzaga to an Elite Eight appearance, something JJ couldn't do.
    OOPS.

You typed a little too quickly.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesQB718
    By the way, now that J.J. is out, we can all watch the Player of the Year, Adam Morrison.

He's tearing it up, 16 pts. on 7 of 11 shooting, leading Gonzaga to an Elite Eight appearance, something JJ couldn't do.
    Sounds good to me, when is the Gonzaga Elite Eight game? Anyone know?