Thread: In reality...what is Curtis Martin worth on the open market?

In reality...what is Curtis Martin worth on the open market?

Folks, I would like to know your opinions on this question posed above? I know that C-Mart is on his last legs as a HOF running back, but I would like to know what you think he is worth on the open market in a trade.

I think a team like Indiannpolis would definetely look at him. I would even take a 2nd round pick for him. Face it, we need to get younger, and the theme of the whole Tangini era is "speed" and youth. Martin is not either now. I think we should ante him up to the league and see what we could get. YOu never know, we could get another first for him, or a 2nd round pick. He is not in our future, and I think the new Tangini system needs to sell him off now.

Am I being sacrelegious here?

Thoughts?

MOga

I've been a big fan of Martin, think he's been very good here, and is a great guy. But I think you're overrating his value, he's old now, and I don't think we could get anything more than a 4th round pick at best for him now.

A conditional maybe.

Frank Moga are u retarted? WHy in God's earth would any team waste time on a player they can get in the 6th round of the draft, and 10 YEARs YOUNGER.

All Pro
    I am sorry this is never going to happen. Indy will not want it though he fits the slasher mode perfectly. He is not worth a 2nd and he will defiantely be a Jet as he has bought into the concept...

Quote Originally Posted by jpoppy7
    I've been a big fan of Martin, think he's been very good here, and is a great guy. But I think you're overrating his value, he's old now, and I don't think we could get anything more than a 4th round pick at best for him now.

I would take a 4th for him.

I agree, I may be way overemphasizing his value to the league...but at this point, behind a new revamped inexperienced line, he may not do much for us. The 1000 yard season record is also snapped.

I think a 4th would be very satisfactory to me.

FM III

Are you suggesting we should trade Curtis Martin?

Hall Of Fame
    When did Mangini or Tannenbaum said they wanted a team of speed and youth ? They never said that. That was Bradway's philosophy, not Tangini's.

The Jets want smart, tough, versatile football players. Not young athletes who have very little idea of what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider
    Are you suggesting we should trade Curtis Martin?
    That would be just stupid.
    Curtis isn't worth much on the market right now despite his HOF career. He's old, and because he's coming off a injury he isn't a certain to be able to carry a big load next season.
    No that that has been said he can still be a big contributor to our team next season splitting the caries with a young guy such as Houston or Blaylock, and he also serves as a great mentor for some of the young players.

Jets Insider VIP
    Curtis doesn't fumble the ball; he is a good example to any other players who play for the Jets. He may have lost a step but I don't think that was the problem last year. The holes were non existant no matter who ran the ball.

I think he has some mileage left on him, perhaps 2 years.

Have you no respect? The man just renegotiated his contract for us and is going to the Hall as a Jet. His new contract is reasonable and there is no need to trade him.

Hall Of Fame
    As off the wall as this sounds initially, Curtis could well be traded assuming all sides agree. If a top notch team has their starter go down and if a more lightly worked Curtis shows a spring in his step it might just make sense for the other team to roll the dice and rent him for a part of a season. Such a move might allow Curtis another shot at a ring which he is unlikely to get here and the Jets could concievably hold the other team up for a fair-to-middling pick under such circumstances.

Can we all just chill out with the idea that Curtis has been doing us any favors by restructuring? He did what he had to do to avoid getting cut and we kept him around because it would be more expensive to cut him. End of story. Enough of this "Curtis is a martyr" bullcrap.

respectfully.... C-Mart has played hurt, crippled, beat up etc. etc. and u reward him with no loyalty? in a league of me, me, this guy has given us his all
    Curtis Martin should always be a Jet. he still has great value to our team.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMoga
    Folks, I would like to know your opinions on this question posed above? I know that C-Mart is on his last legs as a HOF running back, but I would like to know what you think he is worth on the open market in a trade.

I think a team like Indiannpolis would definetely look at him. I would even take a 2nd round pick for him. Face it, we need to get younger, and the theme of the whole Tangini era is "speed" and youth. Martin is not either now. I think we should ante him up to the league and see what we could get. YOu never know, we could get another first for him, or a 2nd round pick. He is not in our future, and I think the new Tangini system needs to sell him off now.

Am I being sacrelegious here?

Thoughts?

MOga

And the winner for the Most Blasphiemous Thread of 2006 is............