Thread: Phillip Humber

Phillip Humber

this guy was an ace at Rice but now not even being mentioned anymore, i am looking for him to comeback big time after tommy john....this guy has a HUGE breaking ball....Zito like.

anyone else thing he is going to be a great pitcher for us? i think Pelfrey, Humber and Heilman is the rotation of the future.

Man i get excited talking about the young guys....

wright, reyes, diaz, millage, pelfrey, hernendez, humber, heilman, banister....i just dont know who has this kind of a young core in the majors.

He was a great pitcher in college but he didn't fare well in the minors and then blew his arm out. I'm not giving up on him, but I'm also not expect him to be a top of the rotation starter in the next few years. Hopefully he can have a big year this year.

EDIT: Plenty of teams have more young talent than the Mets, both at the major and minor league level.. most of the guys you posted haven't proven anything yet

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    He was a great pitcher in college but he didn't fare well in the minors and then blew his arm out. I'm not giving up on him, but I'm also not expect him to be a top of the rotation starter in the next few years. Hopefully he can have a big year this year.
    Do you remember Heilmans 6 ERA in Single A?

I know he didnt do too well in little time he had pitching, but as far as i know he had problems with his arm already at that point.....i just can beleive a guy with that kind of a curve and a mid 90s fastball does do well....i have my money on the guy doing well.