Thread: Boston classing up America's pastime again...

Boston classing up America's pastime again...

Well, it's about time to fire the first salvo of this season's Boston v. NY wars...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

First Varitek picks a fight from behind a suit of armor...now Tavarez stands on a guy's arm and sucker punches him.

Is "Fight like a ***** Class" part of spring training up there?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

As classy as the guy who pushes cameramen around:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/st...p-342083c.html

Hall Of Fame
    And tomorrow the sun will rise in the east and set in the west.

yankee fans post to bash Sox fans and vice versa.

gotta love baseball!

Quote Originally Posted by scott dierking II
    As classy as the guy who pushes cameramen around:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/st...p-342083c.html
    Yep. One guy is an as*hole and the other guy is a p*ssy... The only thing I was surprised about was that Tavarez didn't first run to get a mask on before he threw his punch to a guy that was on the ground... I guess he's new to the team so he hasn't learned their ways yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Yep. One guy is an as*hole and the other guy is a p*ssy... The only thing I was surprised about was that Tavarez didn't first run to get a mask on before he threw his punch to a guy that was on the ground... I guess he's new to the team so he hasn't learned their ways yet.
    speaking of p*ssy.......
    Attached Images Attached Images

What was p*ssy about that? That was a guy trying to get on base and hoping the ump didn't see him... Either way, it has nothing to do with the thread. Then again, neither did the RJ situation. It would be interesting to see a real defense of what Tavarez did, instead of looking into what Yankees have done.

By the way, I don't think you guys understand the definition of a p*ssy. A p*ssy is a wimp. A guy that gets in a fight with a mask on. A guy that punches another guy while he is on the ground and then refuses to fight after that. A guy that hits a woman. That's what a p*ssy is. Not a guy that tries to do everything in his power to get on base to try to win a game.

By the way, I don't think you guys understand the definition of a p*ssy. A p*ssy is a wimp. A guy that gets in a fight with a mask on. A guy that punches another guy while he is on the ground and then refuses to fight after that. A guy that hits a woman. That's what a p*ssy is. Not a guy that tries to do everything in his power to get on base to try to win a game.
    relax, it was just a little j oke. i figured i'd throw some humor into the discussion. besides, i can't help but laugh everytime i see the picture with the photoshoppped purse. he should have just trucked him over, at least he would have looked alot tougher than gayfully slapping at arroyo's hand. lol.
    Last edited by neckdemon; 04-02-2006 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    relax, it was just a little j oke. i figured i'd throw some humor into the discussion. besides, i can't help but laugh everytime i see the picture with the photoshoppped purse. he should have just trucked him over, at least he would have looked alot tougher than gayfully slapping at arroyo's hand. lol.
    Fine fine. I just always felt it was a fine play and people pick on him for the sole reason that they hate him. As A-Rod said after, in hindsight, he should have just trucked over him, but to be fair, it would have been tough to do at that angle.

What was p*ssy about that? That was a guy trying to get on base and hoping the ump didn't see him... Either way, it has nothing to do with the thread. Then again, neither did the RJ situation. It would be interesting to see a real defense of what Tavarez did, instead of looking into what Yankees have done.
    It was cheap, illogical, and downright effeminate. But other than that, it was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    It was cheap, illogical, and downright effeminate. But other than that, it was fine.
    It was the exact same kind of move that Reggie Jackson made when he stuck his butt out so the ball hit him, and the out wasn't made. Somehow though he never got any sh*t for that and is known as Mr. October.