Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: OT: Swallowing gum

[QUOTE=jetsman51]Did you not read what KR posted troll, or were you to busy plotting on how to kill Vinny?[/QUOTE]
    it's called a joke.

drink olive oil

[QUOTE=Shark99]drink olive oil[/QUOTE]
    ok....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[IMG]http://www.hormel.com/images/glossary/s/sausage_polskakielbasa.jpg[/IMG]
    use this to push the gum down

[QUOTE=jetswin][IMG]http://www.hormel.com/images/glossary/s/sausage_polskakielbasa.jpg[/IMG]
    use this to push the gum down[/QUOTE]
    damnit, i dont think SAR is anywhere around right now. i guess ill have to take my chances, lol.

why don't you drink a bunch of water and then stick your finger down your throat? that should dislodge it (if it's actually there) and force you to puke it up.

[QUOTE=neckdemon]why don't you drink a bunch of water and then stick your finger down your throat? that should dislodge it (if it's actually there) and force you to puke it up.[/QUOTE]
    because im not a bulemic, lol. but really, because i dont want to puke it up and then choke on it and die and then miss the Jets superbowl this season.

Jets Insider VIP
    [IMG]http://asianyachting.com/images/First%20Aid%20Choking.JPG[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Jetfan16]because im not a bulemic, lol. but really, because i dont want to puke it up and then choke on it and die and then miss the Jets superbowl this season.[/QUOTE]

don't be retarded. you'll just puke it up if it's still there. you'r enot gonna choke on a piece of f*cking gum. you are definitely one paranoid dude.

[QUOTE=neckdemon]don't be retarded. you'll just puke it up if it's still there. you'r enot gonna choke on a piece of f*cking gum. you are definitely one paranoid dude.[/QUOTE]
    ahh, i cant argue the paranoid part, i mean, i did start this thread in the first place, lol. i dont know, ill see how it goes i guess and then maybe ill do it or maybe not.

[QUOTE=sackdance99][IMG]http://asianyachting.com/images/First%20Aid%20Choking.JPG[/IMG][/QUOTE]
    you're nuts.

All League
    OH MY GOODNESS It has been a while sense I have laughed this hard.
    this is Priceless.

[QUOTE=redisnI steJ]OH MY GOODNESS It has been a while sense I have laughed this hard.
    this is Priceless.[/QUOTE]
    hey JI, maybe some day if you are in a situation where you need help or something, maybe you'll just get people that laugh their asses off at you...

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16]you really think so? because i sure as hell feel a gum type texture in there when i swallow, etc.[/QUOTE]

The only other possiblility I could imagine is that the gum is stretched and half is inside your esophogus and the other half is in the trachea (wind pipe) at the point where the pharynx bifurcates. Usually when you swallow your epiglottis closes over your trachea to ensure food doesn't get in the lungs and therefore shuttles the food down into your stomach where the acidity/enzymes will break down anything you put in there, even metal. Maybe if you didn't actively swallow the protective swallowing mechanism wasn't triggered leaving the windpipe open and susceptible to infiltration.

[QUOTE=Blair Thomas]The only other possiblility I could imagine is that the gum is stretched and half is inside your esophogus and the other half is in the trachea (wind pipe) at the point where the pharynx bifurcates. Usually when you swallow your epiglottis closes over your trachea to ensure food doesn't get in the lungs and therefore shuttles the food down into your stomach where the acidity/enzymes will break down anything you put in there, even metal. Maybe if you didn't actively swallow the protective swallowing mechanism wasn't triggered leaving the windpipe open and susceptible to infiltration.[/QUOTE]
    and then what...??

All League
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16]hey JI, maybe some day if you are in a situation where you need help or something, maybe you'll just get people that laugh their asses off at you...[/QUOTE]
    Jetfan I'm sorry I'm not laughing at you or your situation is just that these posts are funny you will be ok......... I promise you I am not laughing at you.

[QUOTE=redisnI steJ]Jetfan I'm sorry I'm not laughing at you or your situation is just that these posts are funny you will be ok......... I promise you I am not laughing at you.[/QUOTE]
    yeah, of course the posts are funny unless you're the punchline of the joke.

All League
    Well why you choose me to confront I have no Idea this is now NOT FUNNY ANY MORE.......... GOODBYE.
    I hope you are OK and again I Am Sorry.
    Last edited by redisnI steJ; 03-30-2006 at 10:25 PM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16]and then what...??[/QUOTE]

Again, I've never seen something like this but if this isn't a hoax which I feel it may be you'd have to go to a doctor who would use an endoscope to take a peak and then remove it if its the case. Before this you should see if you have problems breathing regularly, any rasping or sensation during deep breaths, if so you should try to cough it up before doing anything else.

[QUOTE=redisnI steJ]Well why you choose me to confront I have now Idea this is now NOT FUNNY ANY MORE.......... GOODBYE[/QUOTE]
    dude, i wasnt confronting you, i was just pointing out that if you were in my shoes right now you wouldnt appreciate being made fun of about something that you think is SERIOUS. thats all i was trying to point out.