Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Swallowing gum

OT: Swallowing gum

guys, i feel like a complete and utter moron for posting this, but im going to anyway. about 2 hrs ago or so i swallowed a piece of gum. as it was going down, i tried gagging it up kind of, but then i just let it go down. 2 hrs later, i could swear to god that the piece of gum is like lodged in my throat. anyway, to make a long story short, and again, i feel like a complete moron for posting this, but this thing is scaring the ****ing **** out of me. am i just being a hypochondriac, or is it possible that it actually is there and that i could be ****ed?? any knowledge on **** like this and what i should do would be greatly appreciated...

Jets Insider VIP
    Where's the OT thread?

Jesus Christ we need one.

I'd just drink a lot of water and if it doesn't go away, go to the doctor.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Eat a piece of bread with a glass of water.

[QUOTE=Jetfan16]guys, i feel like a complete and utter moron for posting this, but im going to anyway. about 2 hrs ago or so i swallowed a piece of gum. as it was going down, i tried gagging it up kind of, but then i just let it go down. 2 hrs later, i could swear to god that the piece of gum is like lodged in my throat. anyway, to make a long story short, and again, i feel like a complete moron for posting this, but this thing is scaring the ****ing **** out of me. am i just being a hypochondriac, or is it possible that it actually is there and that i could be ****ed?? any knowledge on **** like this and what i should do would be greatly appreciated...[/QUOTE]
    Don't worry Vinny you'll live. Your not the first guy to swallow gum.

[QUOTE=Joshsports10]Don't worry Vinny you'll live. Your not the first guy to swallow gum.[/QUOTE]
    i wouldnt care if i knew it went down, but i could swear to you that its still in there.

buzz, you really think that'll work??? i really hope im overreacting, but id rather overreact and be fine than the other way around...

Practice Squad
    I had a friend that had the same thing happen to him. We all assured him it was nothing. He went to sleep that night and never woke up. R.I.P Jim.

[QUOTE=possum hunter]I had a friend that had the same thing happen to him. We all assured him it was nothing. He went to sleep that night and never woke up. R.I.P Jim.[/QUOTE]
    dude, are you ****ing serious?? if not, please dont joke around like that, i swear to god im like ****ting myself right now.

Yeah, you're probably a dead man already... It will probably expand in your throat and you will suffocate.... that sucks.

Seriously... You swallowed gum... EVERYONE has swallowed gum, we're all fine.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Ask your dad; he knows how to misfire quite well.

[IMG]http://www.hawaii.edu/medicine/pediatrics/pemxray/v2c09a.jpg[/IMG]

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't want to come off as an a$$hole or anything, but stop being a pu$$y. It's just some gum for crying out loud!!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Dial 911.

I thought this thread said swallowing cum for a second :eek:

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=Untouchable]I don't want to come off as an a$$hole or anything, but stop being a pu$$y. It's just some gum for crying out loud!![/QUOTE]

You're going to feel like a real dick tomorrow morning when you notice that he is no longer posting here.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16]guys, i feel like a complete and utter moron for posting this,[/QUOTE]
    Youuuu a complete moron? Complete and utter moron? Noooo waayy.

bread and water will do it.

the gum could be stuck at the end of your esophagus, if you eat some bread it will push it down.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Ikeyman3]I thought this thread said swallowing cum for a second :eek:[/QUOTE]

Shame on you. :D

Veteran
    Formerly Brooklyn, now stranded in Colorado
    Just swallow some boiling water. That should loosen the gum from your throat and melt it away. Then you will be fine

Im a Bio-Psych Major, and this has been discussed.

Gum, as well as other substances can become stuck in your through as you try to swallow it.

Your body metabolises gum like any other substance although it takes alittle longer to break down, it shouldnt be swallowed though.

In your case you have nothing to worry about even if the Gum is stuck.

You have enzymes in your saliva that are dissolving the gum as we speak, and eventually it will be broken down to a point in which the gum will lose its attachment to whatever its stuck to.

So you can just relax as its not going to cause any problems. Perhaps just using logic drinking somthing extremely cold could separate the gum just as we do to remove it from clothes when it gets attached. Also eating a substance with alot of surface area like Bread might remove the gum on the way down.

Hope this helped.

[QUOTE=Untouchable]I don't want to come off as an a$$hole or anything, but stop being a pu$$y. It's just some gum for crying out loud!![/QUOTE]
    trust me, if all it is is me being a *****, i will be truly ecstatic. i hope its just one of those things that you get nervous over for nothing, and then you feel like an ass after for getting worried about it (and asking advice about it complete strangers).

[QUOTE=Bradyback Mountain]Just swallow some boiling water. That should loosen the gum from your throat and melt it away. Then you will be fine[/QUOTE]
    youre probably bsing, right?