Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OT: Swallowing gum

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX]I'm just glad you got the "g" right in your thread title.[/QUOTE]
    lmao.

too bad kobayashi isnt a poster here, that guy holds the world record for eating hot dogs, ramen noodles, cow brains, etc. swallowing gum would be like nothing for him, hed probably have awesome advice.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16]thanks. i was hoping when i first posted this that everyone would just be like STFU, its nothing to worry about, etc. [B][I]but, id rather be worried about nothing than not worried about something[/I][/B].[/QUOTE]

Hey 16, if you got this disoriented by dreaming about Vinny, then you should really try high-quality hallucinogens. All of the excitement, with none of the interceptions.

j/k, but dude, you are out there. See you when you get back ;)

Undrafted Free Agent
    Whatcha dooing blowing Bazooka Joe anyways??????

Oh my gosh, don't joke around when someone is in the middle of a medical emergency! What kind was it anyway? You'll be fine if it was sugarless gum, and most brands of bubble gum should eventually break loose unless you were chewing more than one piece, then you might need to be scoped. If it was Bazooka run, don't walk, to the nearest ER.

Hall Of Fame
    this thread is ridiculous...just do a search on google about swallowing gum...read on your own if it's bad or not...i can't believe the stuff that's being posted oin this forum these days...

yesterday the sideways screen (i actually thought that was funny) and now swallowing gum...

things are getting out of control

All League
    In my life I have swallowed a ton of gum I'm still here..........
    In fact when I was A kid my Mom said I used to eat Dirt thats done me no harm as well.
    If being a JET fan hasn't killed you yet your doing OK.
    Last edited by redisnI steJ; 03-30-2006 at 08:19 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    I would try drinking plenty of water. If it doesn't feel normal after a while then you need to see a doctor or go to the emergency room and get it checked out.

All Pro
    You digest gum just like everything else. Also the feeling that the gum is lodged in your throat kinda like when you swallow a pill is a phantom sensation. Your interpreting something that doesn't really exist kinda like the matrix.

I have heard people have died from swallowing gum.

Hall Of Fame
    Why is everyone acting like this is no big deal? If he goes to sleep he will never wake up again!

Drink some Drain-O

That should clear that gum outta your pipes :yes:

[QUOTE=Blair Thomas]You digest gum just like everything else. Also the feeling that the gum is lodged in your throat kinda like when you swallow a pill is a phantom sensation. Your interpreting something that doesn't really exist kinda like the matrix.[/QUOTE]
    you really think so? because i sure as hell feel a gum type texture in there when i swallow, etc.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16]you really think so? because i sure as hell feel a gum type texture in there when i swallow, etc.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what you look like but I'm picturing George Castanza.

[QUOTE=Timmy-y-y-y]I don't know what you look like but I'm picturing George Castanza.[/QUOTE]
    lol, thank god no, im not balding yet.

All League
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16]guys, i feel like a complete and utter moron for posting this, but im going to anyway. about 2 hrs ago or so i swallowed a piece of gum. as it was going down, i tried gagging it up kind of, but then i just let it go down. 2 hrs later, i could swear to god that the piece of gum is like lodged in my throat. anyway, to make a long story short, and again, i feel like a complete moron for posting this, but this thing is scaring the ****ing **** out of me. am i just being a hypochondriac, or is it possible that it actually is there and that i could be ****ed?? any knowledge on **** like this and what i should do would be greatly appreciated...[/QUOTE]

Whatever you do don't breath in !!!!! If you create a reverse bubble it will tangle up inside your verbor which will then create a swelling in your vendil pipe. Hold your breath or even better tape your nose and mouth shut (no worries - you can get the needed air supply through your ears). You will know that it is working when your skin starts to turn blue. Good luck.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Kerry Rhodes]I have heard people have died from swallowing gum.[/QUOTE]

Worse than dying, I read that they take on a plastic-like texture and eventually harden just like gum.

[IMG]http://www.sillyjokes.co.uk/images/dress-up/masks/character/p-charles-big.jpg[/IMG]

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Your as good as dead man....

[QUOTE=Jetfan16]too bad kobayashi isnt a poster here, that guy holds the world record for eating hot dogs, ramen noodles, cow brains, etc. swallowing gum would be like nothing for him, hed probably have awesome advice.[/QUOTE]

Did you not read what KR posted troll, or were you to busy plotting on how to kill Vinny?

[QUOTE=Bradyback Mountain]Just swallow some boiling water. That should loosen the gum from your throat and melt it away. Then you will be fine[/QUOTE]

hot boiling oil would work better, bleach would be a reasonable option too :yes: