Thread: with ten picks in the draft

with ten picks in the draft

I just left the football forum website.there was a post that said the jets were talking to trey teague a free agent o.t.it seems to me that the jets are seriously thinking of competing this year.if they continue to sign free agents.where will they fit in ten draft picks.they already have the 4th,the 29th,the 35th,the 71st,and the 97th picks in the first three rounds.I assume that at least 3 of those picks have a good chance of starting.here are my picks for the jets.

1-mario williams
    2-kamerion wimbley
    3-gabe watson n.t.
    3-jeremy trueblood o.t.
    4-ryan cook c/o.g.
    4-charlie whitehurst q.b.
    5-kevin boothe o.g./o.t.
    8-traded to wash.
    7-leon williams l.b.
    7-donovan raiola c.

Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter
    I just left the football forum website.there was a post that said the jets were talking to trey teague a free agent o.t.it seems to me that the jets are seriously thinking of competing this year.if they continue to sign free agents.where will they fit in ten draft picks.they already have the 4th,the 29th,the 35th,the 71st,and the 97th picks in the first three rounds.I assume that at least 3 of those picks have a good chance of starting.here are my picks for the jets.

1-mario williams
    2-kamerion wimbley
    3-gabe watson n.t.
    3-jeremy trueblood o.t.
    4-ryan cook c/o.g.
    4-charlie whitehurst q.b.
    5-kevin boothe o.g./o.t.
    8-traded to wash.
    7-leon williams l.b.
    7-donovan raiola c.
    if we sign teague and pearson then i think we go defense with the 29th a 3/4 lb but i think we will go offense mostly...i truly think we are going to trade down to get one of the rb's or chad jackson then o line will be addressed in 3rd round along with qb. then rest of way we build offense. i would love us to get vernon davis. wimbley would be great at 29 then addai with the second round pick. the foundation for out offense will come from this draft b/c we have the tools on defense. our lb's will be good or dl will be good solid. our db's will be stellar. its the offense that needs to be retooled. we need more playmakers. i love getting whitehurst in 4th or omar jacobs. if we do i think we will compete for the afc east crown. i want us to get the bc running back, he's a breaker unless the staff believes cedric houston can be a player which i think he can. he can learn from cm. have v.davis and baker in a two te set along with jackson and coles and a qb playing within the system and a movement based o-line scheme and i think we will be off the hook on we r building offense in this draft..

Jets Insider VIP
    No way Watson falls to round 3.