Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The 1-0 Mets!!!

The 1-0 Mets!!!

Great Game! I hope this is a sign of things to come this season! If so....we are in for an AMAZING SEASON!!! .......DAVID WRIGHT W/ THE SOLO HR BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big games for Nady and LoDuca, and Floyd threw out Soriano at the plate with none out in the 8th to preseve the lead. Also, Beltran threw out Vidro at second trying to stretch a single to end the game.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

We can thank the boneheaded Nats for running themselves out of this game - once at the plate (Soriano, but people who saw it said he should have been safe) and Vidro to end the game! Way to hand us that one, guys!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It's nice to have a closer as well...

TMahoney
    Its nice to know Glavine's still got it.

Its also great that even know our big hitters didn't have a great game, we still were able to manufacture some runs.

And yes Piper, the greatest feeling of the game came when Billy Wagner jogged out to the mound while Enter Sandman pumped up the crowd. Everyone was waiting to see the most important off-season aquisition do his job.

Great game and a sign of good things to come.

Big whoop! So they'll finish 1-161.

any chance a channel will rerun the game so i can see it? I was part of the directv black out.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Soriano gave us 3 runs. Once, getting thrown out at the plate. 2nd, getting a bad break on Lo Duca's blooper --although im not sure if he would have caught it anyway, and third, playing the ball horribly in the corner on NAdy's double, allowing Floyd to score from 1st.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa
    any chance a channel will rerun the game so i can see it? I was part of the directv black out.
    Id assume SNY if anything

Quote Originally Posted by CarlSpackler

Its also great that even know our big hitters didn't have a great game, we still were able to manufacture some runs.

And yes Piper, the greatest feeling of the game came when Billy Wagner jogged out to the mound while Enter Sandman pumped up the crowd. Everyone was waiting to see the most important off-season aquisition do his job.

I know LoDuca had a good game, but I still don't understand the batting order. Why not:

1-Reyes (S)
    2-Beltran (S)
    3-Delgado (L)
    4-Wright (R)
    5-Floyd (L)
    6-Nady (R)
    7-LoDuca (R)
    8-Hernandez (L)

Hall Of Fame
    Good thing baseball doesn't have replay.

decent opening game for the mets, although they could have very easily lost the game. the nats handed them that game(along with the home plate ump). nice homer from wright(got him on my fantasy team) and a good performance from glavine. not that any of this really matters. the real team plays at 10

TMahoney
    Quote Originally Posted by joemusgo
    I know LoDuca had a good game, but I still don't understand the batting order. Why not:

1-Reyes (S)
    2-Beltran (S)
    3-Delgado (L)
    4-Wright (R)
    5-Floyd (L)
    6-Nady (R)
    7-LoDuca (R)
    8-Hernandez (L)
    LoDuca is patient, willing to take strikes to advance the runner and makes contact. I know he lacks speed but every other one of his strengths describes a #2 hitter.

If I were the manager, I'd do something like this:

1. Reyes
    2. LoDuca
    3. Wright
    4. Delgado
    5. Beltran
    6. Floyd
    7. Nady
    8. Hernandez

Wright is too good an all around hitter to bat 5th or 6th. He's the best pure hitter on the team and should bat 3rd.

TMahoney
    Quote Originally Posted by CT. JETS FAN
    Good thing baseball doesn't have replay.

I agree man, there were a couple of questionable calls that went our way.

I thought the play at the plate was suspect as was the last play of the game.

Hall Of Fame
    I agree man, there were a couple of questionable calls that went our way.

I thought the play at the plate was suspect as was the last play of the game.
    Last play of game was ok..throw beat him by 15 feet.

Play at the plate was clearly dropped..no question.

But thats baseball.

Veteran
    hey take this as a sign of things to come. good defense clutch relief pitching and solid offensive production from the stars and the utility men. at least its better than last years ***** of a game.

All Pro
    LoDuca is patient, willing to take strikes to advance the runner and makes contact. I know he lacks speed but every other one of his strengths describes a #2 hitter.

If I were the manager, I'd do something like this:

1. Reyes
    2. LoDuca
    3. Wright
    4. Delgado
    5. Beltran
    6. Floyd
    7. Nady
    8. Hernandez

Wright is too good an all around hitter to bat 5th or 6th. He's the best pure hitter on the team and should bat 3rd.
    I like that lineup especially with Wright in the 3 hole, he is clearly developing into a monster hitter and the face of the franchise. Im still worried about Reyes ability as a leadoff. He has the speed but I just wish hed draw more walks. 0-4 and 0-5 days are not rare for him.

All League

Enter Sandman belongs to one and only one pitcher, the greatest closer of our time, Mariano Rivera

Reyes will improve the OBP I think this year. He won't steal 100 though. He's just not that kind of batter but he should stay leadoff and will continue to electrify the fans. He hit a few ropes today but just had bad luck. Nady was awesome as was Wright. The big bats were quiet but thats a good sign that they still managed to win. Heilman was lucky. I'm not sure he's happy with his role. I predict 95 wins and the division!

I know its only the first game, but why do I get a horrible feeling about Los Carlos' (Beltran and Delgado).

Anyway, great win with Tommy looking sharp pre-all star break!