Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Scott Kazmir

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Scott Kazmir

Tampa Bay
    IP H R ER BB K HR Season ERA
    S. Kazmir 4.0 8 6 6 3 4 3 13.50

Starting the season off in his usual form. Maybe Peterson wasn't all wrong about this guy. He never said the kid sucked he just said he wasnt ready. Tampa might have rushed him and could have ruined him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    His usual form?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the concerns towards Kazmir were about his mechanics and not whether or not he is ready to compete in the majors.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Huh? We are now going more from one start than what he did last year? Is this thread a joke? I never realized that 1 start in 2006 was more important than his 32 starts, 186 innings, 174 strikeouts, and 3.77 ERA he had pitching in the AL East last season.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Huh? We are now going more from one start than what he did last year? Is this thread a joke? I never realized that 1 start in 2006 was more important than his 32 starts, 186 innings, 174 strikeouts, and 3.77 ERA he had pitching in the AL East last season.
    I agree. And my issue with the Kazmir trade had less to do with his talent level and more to do with the awful value we got in return. No matter what Zambrano does (within reason) OR Kazmir does, the trade will always be a bad one because we clearly could have gotten more for him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kazmir's second start: 8.2 IP's, 6 K's, 2 ER's, 1 BB...