Thread: OT: Carlos Beltran

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

OT: Carlos Beltran

BELTRAN STINKS!!!

He is starting right where he finished off last season..The guy has been so unclutch for the Mets its sick..

People can say Arod, Manny etc.. make too much money but atleast they put up monster numbers every season..For the Money Beltran is making he is becoming a disaster..

David Wright is the best hitter on the team and needs to be moved into the 3/4 spot...If Beltran wasnt making so much money he would be batting 7th in this lineup if it were up to me..

Reyes
    Laduca
    Delgado
    Wright
    Floyd
    Nady
    Beltran
    Hernandez

I would flip flop Delgado and Wright each night based on if its a right or lefty pitching..

Im just real sick of watching Beltran hit..I know its only 2 games but this guy was a bum all last season as well..For that type of $$$$ this is not what we should be seeing..
    Last edited by LockeJET; 04-05-2006 at 07:48 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    What did you expect? Typical star that stinks on the mets.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Was Beltran on the Juice????? I mean his numbers from last season make me think he was..And he he looks lost just like he did last year at the plate...The guy last year was god aweful with runners in scoring position and doesnt look like things have changed..

Maybe im jumping the gun but im not basing this on 2 games...He did the same thing for 150 games last year...

Nady just went yard!!!!(5-5 THIS SEASON SO FAR) Drop Beltran to the 7th hole..Who cares what money he makes..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet in Florida
    What did you expect? Typical star that stinks on the mets.
    Yea I mean look at your track record.
    Many times has a star come to the Mets and stunk up the stadium.
    When you sign with the Mets you should expect to stuck.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    All he needs is that first hit. He's too tight. Aight.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i don't get it
    one game and he has 2 at bats so far, one of which he walked and he stinks and is already reverting back to the form he had last year?

are you on drugs? if not i think maybe you should be to relax a little.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    just walk him all year and let Delgado drive him home

this lineup could be scary

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    He makes close to a million a week. I think I could put up with a lot of sh!t with that kind of paycheck.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    typical jets/met fan.....its game 2 and the sky is falling, please save the JETS string threads after week 1 of next season to YOURSELF.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    typical jets/met fan.....its game 2 and the sky is falling, please save the JETS string threads after week 1 of next season to YOURSELF.
    it's already happening now with the way we acted in Free Agency!

"WE DIDNT SIGN DREW BREES, CULPEPPER TO BACK HIM UP, BENTLEY AND T.O.
    WHO IS RUNNING THIS TEAM? WTF?"

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Give Beltran a break! The sky is falling! It's only two games for chrissake! I predict he will have a better year this year having shaken off the 1st year in NY and team savior jitters. Delgado's presence will help him immensely.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think people's expectations are just too high - he's a career .280 hitter who got a monster contract because of one amazing playoff run. He is a very good center fielder and a decent hitter. Just because the Mets overpaid for him (not their fault, NY has to overpay) don't expect him to be the NL MVP. He is a good player, not a great player.

All Pro
    Margate Fl soon to be Ocala FL by way of Da Bronx
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET
    BELTRAN STINKS!!!

He is starting right where he finished off last season..The guy has been so unclutch for the Mets its sick..

People can say Arod, Manny etc.. make too much money but atleast they put up monster numbers every season..For the Money Beltran is making he is becoming a disaster..

David Wright is the best hitter on the team and needs to be moved into the 3/4 spot...If Beltran wasnt making so much money he would be batting 7th in this lineup if it were up to me..

Reyes
    Laduca
    Delgado
    Wright
    Floyd
    Nady
    Beltran
    Hernandez

I would flip flop Delgado and Wright each night based on if its a right or lefty pitching..

Im just real sick of watching Beltran hit..I know its only 2 games but this guy was a bum all last season as well..For that type of $$$$ this is not what we should be seeing..

DAM CHILL IT'S ONLY GAME 2... Beltran will get his.... he is to good...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET
    Was Beltran on the Juice????? I mean his numbers from last season make me think he was..And he he looks lost just like he did last year at the plate...The guy last year was god aweful with runners in scoring position and doesnt look like things have changed..

Maybe im jumping the gun but im not basing this on 2 games...He did the same thing for 150 games last year...

Nady just went yard!!!!(5-5 THIS SEASON SO FAR) Drop Beltran to the 7th hole..Who cares what money he makes..
    I don't think he's juicing. He went from the best homerun ballpark in baseball (Houston) to one of the worst. Add in the pressure of a big contract, and there you go.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Now many hitters' production suffers when they become a Met because Shea is a pitcher's park, BUT .266 and 16HRs just dosen't cut it for the $$ AND FROM THE 3 HOLE(7^&$%#@* CAPS BUTTON). I'm also not comfortable with LoDuca at #2.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you're judging a player based on two games, you need to pay closer attention. He had a very good game today, too.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    people seem to forget that beltran was hurt for much of last season and never really had a chance to get it going...he should have a big year with delgado batting behind him...