Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Mariano & Metallica

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Mariano & Metallica

I missed the story - what is all the drama about?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    mariano uses enter sandman just like billy wagner. difference being that wagner started using it 3 years earlier and actually picked the song himself (with some advice from jeff bagwell). the yankees brass picked the song for mariano as a marketng ploy after witnessing the crowd's reaction to an opposing closer's entrance song one game. now there is a controversy over the song it seems (mainly due to yakees fan's arrogance). imo, who gives a rat's a$$. but given the facts, it should be considerd wagner's song over rivera's if it really came down to it. mariano was quoted as saying he basically doesn't really even know what the song is all about as he only listens to christian music.
    Last edited by neckdemon; 04-05-2006 at 10:44 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This argument just shows the height of Yankee fan arrogance. Some of them actually believe the sun and moon revolves around them.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wagner just to avoid this controversy should come out to Blackened or Damage Inc., good metallica songs. Not that crap Enter Sandman.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    mariano uses enter sandman just like billy wagner. difference being that wagner started using it 3 years earlier and actually picked the song himself (with some advice from jeff bagwell). the yankees brass picked the song for mariano as a marketng ploy after witnessing the crowd's reaction to an opposing closer's entrance song one game. now there is a controversy over the song it seems (mainly due to yakees fan's arrogance). imo, who gives a rat's a$$. but given the facts, it should be considerd wagner's song over rivera's if it really came down to it. mariano was quoted as saying he basically doesn't really even know what the song is all about as he only listens to christian music.
    The contoversy seems to have been started by Mike and the MD - at least they were the first I heard talk about it.

I agree that nobody should care, but given the facts, Mariano has had it in NY longer than Wagner. I mean, if you went around NY and you asked who comes out to Enter Sandman, it would be Mo. He's the "Sandman." Saying that, Wagner has just as much claim to it, and he should come out to it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    The contoversy seems to have been started by Mike and the MD - at least they were the first I heard talk about it.

I agree that nobody should care, but given the facts, Mariano has had it in NY longer than Wagner. I mean, if you went around NY and you asked who comes out to Enter Sandman, it would be Mo. He's the "Sandman." Saying that, Wagner has just as much claim to it, and he should come out to it.
    i think it would only be yankees frans who would know that for the most part, because up until 2 days ago i had no clue what song mariano came out to. either way, i think it's a stupid argument and could really care less what song a player uses. maybe one of them should switch to sweet caroline, lol.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

right on man...mike and the maddog started cryin about it...so take it easy with ur yankee fan bashing..I (being a yankee fan) could give a rats ass...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, being that most Mets fans saw Wagner come out with the Phillies, they knew about his song before this year. It's not Wagner's fault if Yankee fans were ignorant of this fact. And the fact that he "owns it in NY" is very geo-centric. Who cares?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    Well, being that most Mets fans saw Wagner come out with the Phillies, they knew about his song before this year. It's not Wagner's fault if Yankee fans were ignorant of this fact. And the fact that he "owns it in NY" is very geo-centric. Who cares?
    Not me...