Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 69

Thread: Pedro Needs to Get Beaned...Hard

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bellmore, NY
    Posts
    663

    Pedro Needs to Get Beaned...Hard

    Now that he's back in the NL, someone needs to remind this guy what it is like to get hit with a pitch. I think it will go a long way to cure him from being such a tough guy out there on the mound if he takes a nice fastball to the earflap. Yes I said the head, and don't tell me that is too extreme. He has no problem putting other players careers in jeopardy, he needs to get the message loud and clear. Pitching inside is necessary. Hitting guys is not, and he has plenty of control to avoid it.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by WWalker85
    Now that he's back in the NL, someone needs to remind this guy what it is like to get hit with a pitch. I think it will go a long way to cure him from being such a tough guy out there on the mound if he takes a nice fastball to the earflap. Yes I said the head, and don't tell me that is too extreme. He has no problem putting other players careers in jeopardy, he needs to get the message loud and clear. Pitching inside is necessary. Hitting guys is not, and he has plenty of control to avoid it.
    He walked 5 guys yesterday, his control was obviously off.

    He wouldn't hit those guys with the leads he had. That would be stupid. He never hit therm in the head either and the 2nd HBP to Guillen was not that inside.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,412

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bellmore, NY
    Posts
    663
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    He walked 5 guys yesterday, his control was obviously off.
    I bet his control would be "on" after getting a shot to the helmet.

    This goes back to him hitting Jeter and Posada etc - when he wants to intimidate, maybe when he doesn't have his best stuff, he hits people. If he was apologetic after the game and said he just was trying to pitch inside and things happen, that would be one thing. But he consistently plays the tough guy role, whether it's pointing at his head, staring people down, saying he will do it again, and last night saying that the guy that charged the mound "should not bring the bat with him". Oh really? Didn't you just throw a ball at him at 92MPH (ok, 87MPH)?

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,412
    Quote Originally Posted by WWalker85
    I bet his control would be "on" after getting a shot to the helmet.

    This goes back to him hitting Jeter and Posada etc - when he wants to intimidate, maybe when he doesn't have his best stuff, he hits people. If he was apologetic after the game and said he just was trying to pitch inside and things happen, that would be one thing. But he consistently plays the tough guy role, whether it's pointing at his head, staring people down, saying he will do it again, and last night saying that the guy that charged the mound "should not bring the bat with him". Oh really? Didn't you just throw a ball at him at 92MPH (ok, 87MPH)?
    Somehow I knew this came from a Yankee fan...

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bellmore, NY
    Posts
    663
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    Somehow I knew this came from a Yankee fan...
    I'm sure you're surprised it wasn't a Met fan advocating hitting their ace pitcher...

    To make you feel better, I would say the same exact thing about Roger Clemens. If you're going to hit people to intimidate and be a punk about it, you deserve the same.

    Some team will bean him, hopefully next week in Washington.

  7. #7
    Get off the plate, you won't get hit.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    Get off the plate, you won't get hit.

    Im sure you said the same thing when Piazza was seeing stars back in 2000.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by WWalker85
    Now that he's back in the NL, someone needs to remind this guy what it is like to get hit with a pitch. I think it will go a long way to cure him from being such a tough guy out there on the mound if he takes a nice fastball to the earflap. Yes I said the head, and don't tell me that is too extreme. He has no problem putting other players careers in jeopardy, he needs to get the message loud and clear. Pitching inside is necessary. Hitting guys is not, and he has plenty of control to avoid it.
    You're a freaking idiot.

  10. #10
    Pedro is a head hunter, it's not like this is a secret. I dont blame Pedro for doing it either, it's actually smart. When Pedro knows a team has him down, he purposely beans them, to rattle them. And it works. Hell, Matsui was tearing the cover off the ball in 04 until Pedro gave him some chin music.

    Pedro's day is coming, he's not in the AL anymore. What goes around comes around, and for Mets to turn a blind eye to it is laughable.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bellmore, NY
    Posts
    663
    Quote Originally Posted by Sack Exchange
    You're a freaking idiot.
    Thanks for sharing your analysis of the situation - you sound like a real cerebral guy.

    So your position is Pedro can bean anyone he wants, and other teams should not retaliate? How is that rational?

    And before you say he wasn't throwing at guys heads, go watch the highlights - Nick Johnson barely avoided getting hit in the face, and all others were above the letters.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by WWalker85
    Thanks for sharing your analysis of the situation - you sound like a real cerebral guy.

    So your position is Pedro can bean anyone he wants, and other teams should not retaliate? How is that rational?

    And before you say he wasn't throwing at guys heads, go watch the highlights - Nick Johnson barely avoided getting hit in the face, and all others were above the letters.
    Ok dude. Did you even watch the game last night? Did you? Because if you did, you would have seen that Pedro looked like crap last night. I will guarantee you that maybe 1 of those pitches were intentional, and that was the first time Guillen got hit. Other than that, I blame it on the 50 degree weather and Pedro being from a warm weather place. He just lost the handle a lot last night. And not all of his pitches that got away hit people, some people are smart and stepped out of the way. Not like the hard headed Guillen and the FAT NICK JOHNSON. Hoe the hell, did Wright avoid the retaliation. Because HE MOVED!!!!!!!! Man, arguing with a Yankee fan is like arguing with a 3rd grader, you have to spell it all out with the facts layed out infront of them.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt39
    Pedro is a head hunter, it's not like this is a secret. I dont blame Pedro for doing it either, it's actually smart. When Pedro knows a team has him down, he purposely beans them, to rattle them. And it works. Hell, Matsui was tearing the cover off the ball in 04 until Pedro gave him some chin music.

    Pedro's day is coming, he's not in the AL anymore. What goes around comes around, and for Mets to turn a blind eye to it is laughable.
    Why don't you read an article or two about someone else other than the stupid Yankees. Come on, turn a blind eye? Floyd has already said " We didn't want to say anything, but it was said anyways" and " We made our beds so now we have to lie in them", and " I expect there will be retaliation, but we will not back down from anyone" BLIND EYE THAT SEES WELL SEES ALL. Man, you see, those are the quotes you get when your team members know more than three syllables.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Sack Exchange
    Why don't you read an article or two about someone else other than the stupid Yankees. Come on, turn a blind eye? Floyd has already said " We didn't want to say anything, but it was said anyways" and " We made our beds so now we have to lie in them", and " I expect there will be retaliation, but we will not back down from anyone" BLIND EYE THAT SEES WELL SEES ALL. Man, you see, those are the quotes you get when your team members know more than three syllables.
    Calm down, I meant to say Mets fans. And to go off on a guy that said Pedro deserves one between his eyes is stupid, when the fact of the matter is...he does deserve to be beaned.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jackson Heights
    Posts
    2,352
    Pedro & guillen have a history. I think Pedro's hit him like 4 times. He was wild as all hell last nite. I doubt he really wanted to go after the guy. He'll get hit eventually and umpiring the way it is now won't let him go out and reciprocate. Either way shouldn't you be worried more about going after number 27 anyway. Geez, a couple of minutes on Sportscenter and the benches clear and you make it out to be a heinous crime. Nice stop by the ump you gotta admit.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Sack Exchange
    Ok dude. Did you even watch the game last night? Did you? Because if you did, you would have seen that Pedro looked like crap last night. I will guarantee you that maybe 1 of those pitches were intentional, and that was the first time Guillen got hit. Other than that, I blame it on the 50 degree weather and Pedro being from a warm weather place. He just lost the handle a lot last night. And not all of his pitches that got away hit people, some people are smart and stepped out of the way. Not like the hard headed Guillen and the FAT NICK JOHNSON. Hoe the hell, did Wright avoid the retaliation. Because HE MOVED!!!!!!!! Man, arguing with a Yankee fan is like arguing with a 3rd grader, you have to spell it all out with the facts layed out infront of them.

    Ok, so the history of Pedro being a notorious head hunter shouldn't be brought up?

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Sack Exchange
    Ok dude. Did you even watch the game last night? Did you? Because if you did, you would have seen that Pedro looked like crap last night. I will guarantee you that maybe 1 of those pitches were intentional, and that was the first time Guillen got hit. Other than that, I blame it on the 50 degree weather and Pedro being from a warm weather place. He just lost the handle a lot last night. And not all of his pitches that got away hit people, some people are smart and stepped out of the way. Not like the hard headed Guillen and the FAT NICK JOHNSON. Hoe the hell, did Wright avoid the retaliation. Because HE MOVED!!!!!!!! Man, arguing with a Yankee fan is like arguing with a 3rd grader, you have to spell it all out with the facts layed out infront of them.

    You mad?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt39
    Calm down, I meant to say Mets fans.
    Sorry, lots of Yankees around, and I get really crazy around them.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bellmore, NY
    Posts
    663
    Quote Originally Posted by Sack Exchange
    Ok dude. Did you even watch the game last night? Did you? Because if you did, you would have seen that Pedro looked like crap last night. I will guarantee you that maybe 1 of those pitches were intentional, and that was the first time Guillen got hit.
    "Dude" - I did watch the game, otherwise I wouldn't have posted this thread. Clearly you think this is a Yankee-Met thing, so let's eliminate that factor. Watch Sportscenter the next time it is on today, you will see the entire Baseball Tonite crew (particularly Jeff Brantley) say that one thing that Pedro always has is pinpoint accuracy, and that him being "off his game" is not an excuse. They also laughed when LoDuca said the pitches were not intentional. I'm sure the ESPN guys are not all Yankee fans...

    And as far as "arguing with a 3rd grader goes", you are the only one taking this in that direction - Pedro nails Nick Johnson with a pitch he could not possibly gotten out of the way of and your response is "FAT NICK JOHNSON"... please... grow up and start making sense or stop posting on this thread.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt39
    Ok, so the history of Pedro being a notorious head hunter shouldn't be brought up?
    it should be, if you want it to be, but the problem is, it has nothing to do with what happened last night. He was without a doubt, not a head hunter last night. He was just pitching poorly, and made one intentional bean on Guillen in the third. That back fired on him. The bean in the third was a love tap. And in the fifth, Guillen didn't want to back down. And how can you blame Pedro for being a head hunter and not blame the guys crowding the plate. they are just as to blame as Pedro. What is he supposed to do? say, "here is one down the middle of the plate for you" "have a good time with it"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us