Thread: Minor League Baseball

Veteran

Minor League Baseball

hey guys...do many of you go to minor league games at all? If not you should really check it out, I go to about 30 games a year here for the Angels Single A team, rancho Cucamonga. I cant really afford to go to 30 Angel games but the minor league games are cheap, lots of fun if you have family-my daughter (7) loves the games, they always have some crazy promotions going on, you are guaranteed on getting a great seat, and less traffic to deal with after the game. i like the fact that I get to see the recent draft picks and future players, plus they all sign autographs if you are into that. Plus they do alot of things in the community (clinics, appearances) so go out and support them if you can!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Yeah, the minor league parks are really nice. I have Ricky Henderson's card from the Newark Bears. Also been to The LI Ducks(Buddy Harrelson owner/coach) and the Brooklyn Cyclones.

patriots play in my town, awesome park

All League
    I was lucky enough to attend the first ever Brooklyn Cyclones game back in 2002. I've also attended a Norfolk Tides game back in 93'. One player I remember from that game was a guy that I thought would be a star Ryan Thompson.

The Nashville Sounds (Brewers AAA team) play about 3 minutes from my house here. Great time.

Veteran
    I went to 2 RC Quakes games and the Angel/Yankee game today (sucked..lol)

I absolutely love minor league baseball... cheap tickets, cheap food, cheap beer, and basically just a much more intimate atmosphere. One of the coolest things I've seen is the Midnight Sun Game, played annually in Fairbanks, Alaska, where I went to college. The game starts at about 10 o'clock at night and is played with no lights. Pretty wild stuff. This year is the 100th anniversary. I'm going to try and get out there for it if I can, but plane tickets ain't cheap and it's a little far to go Greyhound.

I go to several Staten Island Yankees games each year. Great place to see the recent draft picks. I have been there for several years now. I also go to Trenton Thunder games, the Yankees AA affiliate. I have seen several players at both Si, and 2-3 years later, at Trenton. Waterfront Park is a nice park, and every seat is a good one.

Lots of hustle, all the time. Short breaks between innings (no TV timeouts). Small lines at the concession stands. Easy entry and Exiting from the parking lots. And plenty of parking.

The price is right, the atmosphere is excellent, the seats are great. What's there not to like.

I can see 15 SI Yankee games, with my wife and another couple, for the price of 3 Yankee games. And I get much better seasts, and have no problem getting autographs and pics with the players.