Thread: Who would you rather have?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Who would you rather have?

Yesterday was one of the the rare days I was out of the office and had a chance to listen to talk radio. I was listening to Beningo and the following question came up:

Who would you rather have: Jeter/A-Rod or Wright/Reyes?

I guess you can look at the issue in two ways....1) Taking $$$ into consideration and not taking it into account.

Obviously, there are a lot of factors to look at --are you building a team from scratch, going for it all this one year, etc.

But, as a Met fan, if you ask me who would I rather have on my squad at the beginning of this season, I have to go with the Wright/Reyes combo. They have just scratched the surface of their potential, they are already playmakers, and they are homegrown Mets --which definitely comes into play.

Veteran
    Met fan here. If you want to win in '06 Jeter/Arod, if youre looking at the long term and $$, then Wright/Reyes

All League
    Jeter Arod

Jeter is the most clutch player in MLB, Wright can only hope to be as good as A-Rod (not discounting Wright, hes already well on his way to being a great player)

I'm a Mets fan btw, and I did take money into consideration, wouldn't have a problem dumping 45M to those 2 guys. They're both like 30 also, certainly not young kids but no oldies either.

Hall Of Fame
    Right now? Jeter and ARod no questions asked. Hell, the question shouldn't even be asked at this point.

Not a Reyes fan at all, but David Wright will be a special ball player. As a Yankee fan I look forward to following Wright's career even though he plays for the wrong team in town.

Quote Originally Posted by BergenJet
    Right now? Jeter and ARod no questions asked. Hell, the question shouldn't even be asked at this point.

Not a Reyes fan at all, but David Wright will be a special ball player. As a Yankee fan I look forward to following Wright's career even though he plays for the wrong team in town.
    If the Mets are wrong, I don't want to be right. (I want to be Wright, though)

For the next 3 years at least, you would have to go with Jeter and A-Rod. Reyes has been a slightly above average offensive SS (which isn't saying much) and even though Wright is going to be great, he won't be as good as A-Rod. Until Reyes can get his OBP consistently in the .340 range, then it isn't close.

neither. i'd rather have a-rod at ss and wright at 3rd.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sect112row36
    Met fan here. If you want to win in '06 Jeter/Arod, if youre looking at the long term and $$, then Wright/Reyes

Exactly. All MLB teams play for championships. The Yankees play for the pennant.