Thread: OT: Looking for Mets playoffs tickets

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

OT: Looking for Mets playoffs tickets

Sorry, I've always wanted to say that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a life long Yankee fan I will say two things:

1) Don't get too ahead of yourself. Baseball is a marathon, not a sprint. But yeah, a 5 game lead is a 5 game lead, definately enjoy it.

2) You got yourself one hell of a baseball team. I hope to see you in October. Enjoy the David Wright era, the guy is the real deal. I pegged them as an 88 win team going into the season. I really liked the moves they made. 92 wins and the playoffs sounds about right to me now.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy-y-y-y
    Sorry, I've always wanted to say that.

were you too young for the 2000 mets?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    were you too young for the 2000 mets?
    Nope, just living in midwest then.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you didn't just jynx them. Atlanta is up 7-1 and they just keep doing that every year. I mean every year! the mets win the first game and then let up and guess what, the braves come back and win the series and next thing you know the Braves are in first place after winning 2 or 3 series from the mets. They play Atlanta like 9 times in 21 days so If I were you Id wait till the 21 days before you think about playoff tickets. I despise the Braves and there Redneck fans and there Homey Announcers but I do have respect for them

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, the season just started......

there is still like 500 more boring games to go....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Done!

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    FWIW, I think the Mets will definitely make the playoffs unless they have a ton of injuries. Thought so before the season.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    FWIW, I think the Mets will definitely make the playoffs unless they have a ton of injuries. Thought so before the season.
    Absolutely need to stayt injury free. Unfortunately, Beltran, Floyd and now Hernandez are out of the lineup for a while.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    First they need to change their normal performance against the Braves. They failed miserably in their first chance this year, losing 2 of 3 at home.

Until they prove otherwise, they are the same old Mets.

And yes, I am a Mets fan.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would be shocked if they are not competing for the playoffs come fall. But isn't it amazing how that Brave organization keeps winning. That lineup they put on the field today that beat us was horrible! I don't know how they keep doing it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCGREEN
    I would be shocked if they are not competing for the playoffs come fall. But isn't it amazing how that Brave organization keeps winning. That lineup they put on the field today that beat us was horrible! I don't know how they keep doing it.
    They do it with sound fundamentals. They know how to play the game and play it right. 3 crucial errors, lack of small ball and run production, and lack of overall defense is not going to win games for us.

I've been a Mets fan for a long time and I even said it here before in another thread --> I will not believe this is "our year" until we take at least 2/3 or 3/4 from the Braves in Atlanta (not Shea). If the Mets ever sweep the Braves in Atlanta, I'll be totally convinced (also might have a heart attack). Until this happens, the Braves are still the best team in the division and always a threat (regardless of how bad their lineup looks).

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCGREEN

andruw jones is on steroids for one.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Mets are a better team that they were last year. David Wright is amazing. You sorted out a sticky situation in the outfield and upgraded first base.

You've got a lot of pieces there, but you're built like the 2001+ Yankees now, built for power. Its a Dinger-squad. Reyes is getting a little better, but he still isn't really a leadoff hitter, and the evil specter of Kaz Matsui is still lurking.

Will the Mets make the playoffs?

YES

Will the Mets win a world series?

No. Even if they make it there, AL teams are still way better at knocking the ball out of the park, and the Mets just don't have the small-ball element right now to manufacture a lot of runs.

Will it be an exciting season/ a team worth watching?

I'd say so.

But seriously... Go Yankees.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uart

Will the Mets make the playoffs?

YES

Will the Mets win a world series?

No.
    If they make the playoffs, they can definitely win the WS, just like any playoff team. That's the beauty of the 4 of 7 game series - anything can happen.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think they are a good team with a pretty good chance to make the playoffs... but the rotation kinda worries me - so they are no lock