Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zambrano is a horror show

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Zambrano is a horror show

What a waste of a rotation spot.

This guy needs a road map to find the strike zone. And that ridiculous article in the times this morning that stated "atleast he was efficient" because his pitch count was relatively low through six innings is one of the worst thoughts i have ever read. If he is going to become a reliable SP he is going to have to rely on his best pitches. If Peterson thinks he is going to fix this mess he can't have him throwing BP to major league hitters. "i'll fix him in 10 minutes" boasted Peterson when he was aquired. Makes me sick!

Veteran
    what makes me sick is Benson-Kazmir for Zambrano-Julio (in effect)

The rotation right now should be:
    Pedro
    Glavine
    Kazmir
    Benson
    Bannister/Heilman/Trachsel

People often forget to name Justin Huber as part of that brain fart the organization let out. He has been converted from a blue chip catching prospect into a great first base prospect. The man can definetly hit and looks like will be playing every day in Kansas City some time this year!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCGREEN
    People often forget to name Justin Huber as part of that brain fart the organization let out. He has been converted from a blue chip catching prospect into a great first base prospect. The man can definetly hit and looks like will be playing every day in Kansas City some time this year!
    youre right...lord knows the amazins have a gaping hole at first base

Quote Originally Posted by deadringer
    youre right...lord knows the amazins have a gaping hole at first base
    They did last year. And, had you not gotten Delgado, that money could have been spent in other places. Either way, point is, even if you still got Delgado, then you could have traded Huber for something a lot better than Benson.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    They did last year. And, had you not gotten Delgado, that money could have been spent in other places. Either way, point is, even if you still got Delgado, then you could have traded Huber for something a lot better than Benson.
    perhaps...of course, if we didnt get delgado we would have had jacobs for this season, which isnt a travesty...that being said, youre absolutely correct, we should have gotten more for huber, but alas, the old regime was incompetent...no sense crying about that now...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    What a waste of a rotation spot.
    Agreed !! The only reason he won his first start was because the Mets lineup was dropping bombs.

Complete waste of a rotation spot. If Dontrelle Willis becomes available I say we do whatever is necessary to get him.

As for right now, I'd like to bring Heilman into the rotation and drop Zambrano in the minor leagues. Our relief pitching would be hurt a little, but we'd still have Sanchez and Feliciano out there.

All League
    I felt the need to bump this post after Zambrano's ****ty ass performance in this afternoon's game.

I really hope we pick up another starting pitcher before the all star break or we move Heilman into the rotation.

We had Jacobs last year, but Delgado's salary is worth every cent

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi
    I felt the need to bump this post after Zambrano's ****ty ass performance in this afternoon's game.

I really hope we pick up another starting pitcher before the all star break or we move Heilman into the rotation.
    How about Dontrelle Willis from the Marlins ?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK
    How about Dontrelle Willis from the Marlins ?
    I'd love to get Dontrelle Willis. He is my first choice. It all depends on what we have to give up for him.

There's a thread about trading D. Wright for Willis on this board. There is NO way I'd do this. Wright is just too valuable of a player.

Here are the deals I would make:

1) Willis for Milledge and Pelfrey
    2) Willis for Milledge and Reyes
    3) Willis for Reyes and Pelfrey

People might jump on me for talking about trading Reyes, but I believe Woodward will fill Reyes' spot (defensively) just fine for a while.

I'd love to get Dontrelle Willis. He is my first choice. It all depends on what we have to give up for him.

There's a thread about trading D. Wright for Willis on this board. There is NO way I'd do this. Wright is just too valuable of a player.

People might jump on me for talking about trading Reyes, but I believe Woodward will fill Reyes' spot (defensively) just fine for a while.
    i would do any of those deals, preferably #3

They don't want Reyes as they already have their SS in Hanley Ramirez. Fact is, the Mets don't have a match to get Willis.

They don't want Reyes as they already have their SS in Hanley Ramirez. Fact is, the Mets don't have a match to get Willis.
    who knows, maybe they like milledge and pelfrey more than the average scout

Jets Insider VIP

You can't upset the fan base by trading Reyes. How about Floyd. I'll throw him in the mix.

You can't upset the fan base by trading Reyes. How about Floyd. I'll throw him in the mix.
    dude.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    dude.

Hey B'klyn, I like Reyes and he is the most entertaining guys for me on the Mets.
    He steals bases and runs from first to home on a long single. Gotta have him on the team.

Now Matsui I'm not attached to.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    who knows, maybe they like milledge and pelfrey more than the average scout
    I like Milledge a lot, but that's the starting point here. And, so far, Pelfrey has pitched very well in A ball, but I think he has to do it a little more to gain value. Either way, I just think that the Marlins could get more than that for Willis. If you guys did trade for Willis though, it would definitely be a package including Milledge and Pelfrey.

Hey B'klyn, I like Reyes and he is the most entertaining guys for me on the Mets.
    He steals bases and runs from first to home on a long single. Gotta have him on the team.

Now Matsui I'm not attached to.
    The "dude" was you suggesting throwing in Floyd to the deal... The Marlins don't want Floyd. I don't even think they would want Reyes because they already have Hanley Ramirez there. But, they could move him to 2B if they are not sold on Dan Uggla - who is hitting well so far this season, much better than Jose Reyes so far.

Of course your not attached to Matsui.. Neither would the Marlins. The Marlins want young, good, high upside players that are making the minimum (have been in the league for 2 years or fewer). So when you think of players to trade for Willis, make sure they make those requirements.
    Last edited by JeffWeaverFan; 04-24-2006 at 05:24 PM.