Thread: OT: Yankees Will Not Go To The World Series

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

OT: Yankees Will Not Go To The World Series

Had a chance to go to all three games against the Angels and watch all their games so far. Pitching is too old...defense is shabby and no sense of "team".

They really miss Paul O'Neil's guttiness and determination. The good news Heiniken costs $9.50 at the stadium !

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52
    Had a chance to go to all three games against the Angels and watch all their games so far. Pitching is too old...defense is shabby and no sense of "team".

They really miss Paul O'Neil's guttiness and determination. The good news Heiniken costs $9.50 at the stadium !
    while Idont disagree with you...you cant judge a whole season by 3 games...they have 159 others to play.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    They're not?

I guess there's no point in watching the rest of the season, now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TD C-Mart
    They're not?

I guess there's no point in watching the rest of the season, now.

lol..yea hes right let me not watch 150 games left...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn it. I was really looking forward to this baseball season. I guess it is over now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This could get interesting....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    im quickly getting tired of this team. we desperatly miss the presence of players like martinez,brosious,o'neill,clemens,pettite.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a Met fan but lets be honest, the Yanks started 9-19 last year. And they won the Division easily. They have too many good players not to win the Division. They'll pick up Roger Clemens or Dontrelle Willis before the break and cruise into the World Series.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wat too early bro

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brol79
    im quickly getting tired of this team. we desperatly miss the presence of players like martinez,brosious,o'neill,clemens,pettite.
    Not really. Jason is better than Martinez and A-Rod is a ton better than Brosius. O'Neill was my favorite Yankee but Sheff has been amazing the two previous seasons. Production wins - and the players that produce more win more. Baseball is not exactly a team game. You can have a team of players that hate each other (see Yankees, 1978) and they can win if there is talent. Clemens and Pettitte would be nice as we could use some better pitching.

Fact is, to judge a season after this few games is idiotic. This team has too much talent on it to not go on a big winning streak soon. Last year we looked worse than this and ended up winning the division.

There are a few problems though. Bernie Williams should not be starting in the outfield ever and should not be the everyday DH. He is a bench player/5th outfielder now. I love him, but he's done. Kevin Thompson should be called up and replace Bubba Crosby to play the corner outfield positions when you want to DH Sheff or Matsui. Andy Phillips should play against all leftys. Carlos Pena can be called up and he should produce more than Bernie has also.

The pitching will be more difficult to deal with. I wouldn't be opposed at all to moving Proctor to the starting rotation though - because I think we have got something good there.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    What has happened to Randy Johnson? Is this the year he really shows his age?

And please dont forget the 2 curses:

The A-Rod curse...no team has ever won anything with this A-hole on it,

and the Johnny Damon curse which I just invented.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2
    What has happened to Randy Johnson? Is this the year he really shows his age?

And please dont forget the 2 curses:

The A-Rod curse...no team has ever won anything with this A-hole on it,

and the Johnny Damon curse which I just invented.
    He left the start before this last one in the 5th with shoulder soreness so he obviously wasn't healthy in this last start. I think he'll be fine.

Hmm, I'm trying to think of a dumber comment that could be made besides the A-Rod course... Last time I checked, he was the main reason the team made the playoffs last year and the main reason they advanced the year before.

I guess there is a curse for every player that hasn't won the championship. Was there a Ted Williams curse? Is there a Coco Crisp curse? How about a Mark Loretta curse...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    DAMN THE SEASON JUST STARTED ,CAN WE GET TO THE ALLSTAR BREAK!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a Mets fan, but I say that you can never count the Yankees out.

They are a team that are consistently in the playoffs and a serious threat to make a run at the World Series every year. You can never count them out to make the playoffs, epecially this early in the year.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    yanks have needed better pitching for the past few years. we have the bats, its the bullpen/starters that kill us. rivera is the only sure deal outta the whole bullpen. We need more pitching Steinbrenner! Better pitching is our prob. not offense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouda147
    yanks have needed better pitching for the past few years. we have the bats, its the bullpen/starters that kill us. rivera is the only sure deal outta the whole bullpen. We need more pitching Steinbrenner! Better pitching is our prob. not offense.
    Ummm, the Yankees have the 2nd best team ERA in the AL and the 5th best in MLB so far this year. RJ has been great except for his 2 starts against the lefty killing Toronto team (and it's not like we can replace him anyways. Moose has been brilliant. Wang has been shaky. Chacon has been very good in his last 2 starts. And Wright actually was allright in his last start, except I don't have much faith in him. Pavano may or may not come back. Small could step in, and so could Proctor.

Our bullpen has been fantastic this year besides Tanyon Sturtze. If we just had a competant manager that could realize that Sturtze sucks, we would be doing a lot better.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yankees 2006 WSC!!!!!...hopefully...I am gonna watch and see, not that I don't believe your prodiction or anything