Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48

Thread: Lastings Milledge

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in the 90's
    Posts
    28,412

    Lastings Milledge

    Where is he going to play? He is a CF

    Floyd in Left
    Beltran in Center
    Nady in Right
    Where would he play in the middle of this year when they bring him up?

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,240
    Right Field, though he was converted from Center Fielder.

  3. #3
    Rotate in. Give those guys some breaks, God knows Beltran takes a lot of them.

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in the 90's
    Posts
    28,412
    Yea lol I cant wait to see him play.

  5. #5
    He looked spectacular in spring training.

  6. #6
    someone get andy F'ing Chavez of the team!!!! what a waste!

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Parsippany, NJ
    Posts
    3,672
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    Where is he going to play? He is a CF

    Floyd in Left
    Beltran in Center
    Nady in Right
    Where would he play in the middle of this year when they bring him up?
    I don't think he'll be up unless there's an injury to any of the starters.

  8. #8
    it's well known hes' going to take over for floyd next season, cause floyd's contract is expiring

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    From Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,323
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    Where is he going to play? He is a CF

    Floyd in Left
    Beltran in Center
    Nady in Right
    Where would he play in the middle of this year when they bring him up?

    Right. And he won't be coming up utile September at the very earliest.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    From Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,323
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeller83
    Right. And he won't be coming up utile September at the very earliest.
    And if he gets called on before that. The mets will lose a year of Arbitration. And they don't want to do that.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,908
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeller83
    And if he gets called on before that. The mets will lose a year of Arbitration. And they don't want to do that.
    Why? can you explain this further?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeller83
    And if he gets called on before that. The mets will lose a year of Arbitration. And they don't want to do that.
    That isn't true, Arbitration deadline is July 7th.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,240
    Will we see Milledge this year or will we have to wait till 07? I think as a 4th Outfielder on our team he can get a lot of valuable playing experience this year plus he is already doing very well in the minors.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet
    Will we see Milledge this year or will we have to wait till 07? I think as a 4th Outfielder on our team he can get a lot of valuable playing experience this year plus he is already doing very well in the minors.
    When he comes up he is coming up to start, not to ride the pine.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,240
    We may get to see Lastings sooner than imagined....http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseba...orts-headlines

  16. #16
    I think he's playing left and its next year, because Cliff Floyd's Contract expires, I'm not sure what happens if they call him up this year

  17. #17

    gonna replace floyd

    apparently he's gonna play left

    and there thinking of calling him up now if they have to put beltran on the dl.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet
    Will we see Milledge this year or will we have to wait till 07? I think as a 4th Outfielder on our team he can get a lot of valuable playing experience this year plus he is already doing very well in the minors.
    July 8

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet
    Will we see Milledge this year or will we have to wait till 07? I think as a 4th Outfielder on our team he can get a lot of valuable playing experience this year plus he is already doing very well in the minors.
    If he's got a legitimate shot at ROY, he's not going to come up as a backup unless it's in September. The press coverage of a ROY is too huge to pass up, and neither is that kind of talent.

    I wish my team had a big time prospect ready to go

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by uart
    If he's got a legitimate shot at ROY, he's not going to come up as a backup unless it's in September. The press coverage of a ROY is too huge to pass up, and neither is that kind of talent.

    I wish my team had a big time prospect ready to go
    i don't think they care about ROY... if Beltran gets DL'd, bring him up

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us