Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Interesting BJ askew insight on the Jets- Was at my friends building

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting BJ askew insight on the Jets- Was at my friends building

This is my friends email to me

he was big. I asked about the draft he said they need a lot. He said he wants an O Lineman because he thinks ramsey can play....he basically said chad was done and that he has met mangini once when mangini sat all of the players down individually. he said hed trade down if he were making the decisions because so they need so many players. said manginis a genius. hes going thru a divorce now..

he came because theres a march of dimes walk america on sunday aqnd he came to promote it....it was so dumb...he had no idea what he was talking about, said he's not walking in the walk nor are any of the other jets.

said he hopes to start and is somewhat happy sowells gone...

he was there to promote the march of dimes

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    he said i think we should draft a quarterback at some point because i think chad, after those two surgeries, on his throwing arm, then he made noise like pshhhhh

then he said i can tell mangini is a real players coach and will have us well prepared. he said mangini was responsible for the pats no name defense winning the super bowl....

also kind of said to expect the jets to be bad this year. he said you know were gonna have a bunch of new players and anew coach and system, so give us time, and stick with us....

he said its the jets last year in hofstra before they move to jersey for training camp and thus, theres only one real NY team next year, the Bills.

He said he hates George Bush and wants to start a walk against bush

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boy, I'm sure he's glad he talked to you right about now. I'm sure Chad's happy about it too.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, thanks.

I have been searching all over the Internet trying to find out BJ Askew's political opinions.

Now I can sleep.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by langnba
    he said i think we should draft a quarterback at some point because i think chad, after those two surgeries, on his throwing arm, then he made noise like pshhhhh

then he said i can tell mangini is a real players coach and will have us well prepared. he said mangini was responsible for the pats no name defense winning the super bowl....

also kind of said to expect the jets to be bad this year. he said you know were gonna have a bunch of new players and anew coach and system, so give us time, and stick with us....

he said its the jets last year in hofstra before they move to jersey for training camp and thus, theres only one real NY team next year, the Bills.

He said he hates George Bush and wants to start a walk against bush

I don't really care about his football issues. I know the world is just looking for his view on world issues. He is so respected in those circles.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetinHuntersville
    I don't really care about his football issues. I know the world is just looking for his view on world issues. He is so respected in those circles.
    Where is Ja Rule?

(From Chapelle's comedy special)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Where is Ja Rule?

(From Chapelle's comedy special)
    Dunno...found Tyree though:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LIDeadHead
    Dunno...found Tyree though:

"Lysol had sex with Katie, I just filmed it"

"No Tyree, you had sex with me too"

"On second thought, I also had sex with Katie"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bar none... the best Chappelle clip of all-time...

Anyways what were Askew's thoughts on the nuke situation with Iran?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about Askew's thoughts on abortion and gun control?

At least someone on the team is thinking highly of the new coach. I hope he's right and Mangini has the players ready.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who's getting a divorce, mangini or Askew?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't wonder, though, why the next player that you run into at your friend's building doesn't want to talk. You called him out for bashing his own quarterback. If you are telling the truth and word gets back to him that you've posted his thoughts on this topic (and it probably will) don't expect him to open up to you again (or anyone else) any time soon.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by langnba
    he was there to promote the march of dimes

i used to be the Staten Island chapter official DJ for the walk and other march of dimes events - Joe Namath is the states spokesperson and Freeman McNeil is the Staten Island Chapters spokesperson... Got to meet Joe Willie in 1997 and Freeman every year from 97 - 2000 . I don't do the walk any more though they went with a bigger company to provide the entertainment

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan
    Don't wonder, though, why the next player that you run into at your friend's building doesn't want to talk. You called him out for bashing his own quarterback. If you are telling the truth and word gets back to him that you've posted his thoughts on this topic (and it probably will) don't expect him to open up to you again (or anyone else) any time soon.
    I agree with this, and considering the fact that players are on this site, this thread is done.