Thread: the mets aren't that bad.........(yankee's fan lament)

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

the mets aren't that bad.........(yankee's fan lament)

When i lived in The Bronx, i really rooted against the Mets. Since moving outta NY i now root for them as well except when they play the Yanks, in the Interleague Series. Any other misplaced Nyers feel that same way? I mean i am in Cleveland now, but cannot find it deep in my soul to root for the Indians, more so because they are in the AL with the 26 (soon to be 27time) world series champs Yanks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't go trying to jump on my bandwagon now!

Don't root for my team now that we're winning...root for the Skanks.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...........that does it! Theres only one baseball team in NY now!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouda147
    ...........that does it! Theres only one baseball team in NY now!
    THE M-E-T-S METS METS METS!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    When i lived in The Bronx, i really rooted against the Mets. Since moving outta NY i now root for them as well except when they play the Yanks, in the Interleague Series. Any other misplaced Nyers feel that same way? I mean i am in Cleveland now, but cannot find it deep in my soul to root for the Indians, more so because they are in the AL with the 26 (soon to be 27time) world series champs Yanks.
    I grew up hating the Yankees. I grew up in the Bronx and roted for the Bklyn Dodgers. I moved to Florida in 1976 and saw how much other fans hated New yOrkers. Since than I root for both teams but the Mets are my favorite. Gads, I even root for the jints when they play.

My teams Jets, Mets, Rangers, Knicks...After that all the other NY teams.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet
    I grew up hating the Yankees. I grew up in the Bronx and roted for the Bklyn Dodgers. I moved to Florida in 1976 and saw how much other fans hated New yOrkers. Since than I root for both teams but the Mets are my favorite. Gads, I even root for the jints when they play.

i think it has to do with being a new yorker and being misplaced. you miss all that is ny. i just don't HATE the mets anymore. i can more so tolerate them now. I just don't root against them now. NOw as for the Giants....welll i'm getting there.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet

I could never see myself rooting for the Yankees or Giants. Maybe...maybe if the Giants played the Dolphins in the Super Bowl. If that Super Bowl were ever to happen I think I'd break out some old Mets videos and watch them.

My teams...Jets, Mets, Rangers, Knicks, Nets {yeah I like the Nets too...and I just didn't jump on the bandwagon...I've liked the Nets since the days of Gminski, Buck Williams and Otis Birdsong}

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofqueens718
    I could never see myself rooting for the Yankees or Giants. Maybe...maybe if the Giants played the Dolphins in the Super Bowl. If that Super Bowl were ever to happen I think I'd break out some old Mets videos and watch them.

My teams...Jets, Mets, Rangers, Knicks, Nets {yeah I like the Nets too...and I just didn't jump on the bandwagon...I've liked the Nets since the days of Gminski, Buck Williams and Otis Birdsong}

Nah man....i will lean but not cross over with the NY Midgets. I mean, if i HAD to....i dunno. I guess lots of it has to do with being here in Cleveland, it gets me sick they LOVE all of these sucky teams. Just makes me love the Jets,Knicks, and Yankees even more.

ps- your sigs are just plain nasty! I think they'd be better with Piazza and Valentine in Drag kissin!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nah man....i will lean but not cross over with the NY Midgets. I mean, if i HAD to....i dunno. I guess lots of it has to do with being here in Cleveland, it gets me sick they LOVE all of these sucky teams. Just makes me love the Jets,Knicks, and Yankees even more.

ps- your sigs are just plain nasty! I think they'd be better with Piazza and Valentine in Drag kissin!
    How do u like Cleveland? My mom is from Youngstown and I spent plenty of summers there in my youth. I'm planning to be at the 10/29 Jets/Browns game this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    mets suck yanks rule

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofqueens718
    How do u like Cleveland? My mom is from Youngstown and I spent plenty of summers there in my youth. I'm planning to be at the 10/29 Jets/Browns game this year.

ahh its ccccold! I miss NY though. You know you can get WFAN from Cleveland to as far south as Ft.Bragg,North Carolina. As for the Oct. 29th game, I'll be there with my wife.She is a Clowns fan! Tailgait? I cannot believe i'll be covorting with a Mets fan.....the world is truly at its end!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    ahh its ccccold! I miss NY though. You know you can get WFAN from Cleveland to as far south as Ft.Bragg,North Carolina. As for the Oct. 29th game, I'll be there with my wife.She is a Clowns fan! Tailgait? I cannot believe i'll be covorting with a Mets fan.....the world is truly at its end!
    Yeah I know that WFAN booms! I remember driving into Youngstown early one morning and listening to WFAN. When I lived in DC I used to listen to the Mets games regurlarly in the evening. I also remember sitting in the parking lot of my hotel in Toronto listening to a Mets game on WFAN.

I'll most likely be there with my man Allan who went with me to the Monday night game this past year in Atlanta and my cousin Gary from Columbus who is a big Browns fan. I remember watching the infamous Gastineau/Kosar game with him back in 86'. We'll hook up my man...I'm sure there will be a thread for people meeting up before that game.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok bet, i'll be there and see u on 360!

BTW..back atcha, yanks1 mets1...rubber game tommorow!
    Last edited by Ouda147; 05-20-2006 at 11:20 PM.