Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kentucky Derby/Preakness (merged)

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=mbeller83]So much speed, No overwelming standout fave.. This race is wide open[/QUOTE]Brother Derek is a monster, but he needs the lead, and from the 18 hole at 3-1 it's just not a good bet. If he was just a few spots closer he'd be a cinch. If by some stroke of luck he makes the lead on the rail before the first turn the race is over.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetfanDan]Hi Jumba,
    It's that time, love the Derby! Anyway, have Deputy Glitters in my pool, kinda a Key West name. I have a good feeling on Bro Derrek. Believe it or not, I actually had a dream about this horse. My $ is on this one.
    On another note, I see 3 games this year...Tampa, Jax and Miami. Remember Jax, had fun at the Irish place with the General and you guys. Hope to see everyone again.
    Later, Dan[/QUOTE]Hey Dan, I actually drew Bro Derrek in my pool.

As of now Cleveland is my only away game. Yes, Lynch's Irish Pub was a blast. Maybe the General will join the band again.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JumbalayaJet]

That's the way I see it, but you can go to Kentuckyderby.com and watch all the prep races. If you see somthing I missed let me know. If this race was won on breeding he'd be a 4/5 cinch.[/QUOTE]
    So what are you doing, Jumba ... have you made up your mind yet, or still undecided?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brother Derek, AP Warrior, Jazil and Bob and John, Once I collect that superfecta I am off to the Islands. Good luck to you all and I hope the beer is colder then your picks today.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    While I usually end up pulling for a middle of the pack horse (I love the longshots), Brother Derek deserves all the hype. This is a legit triple crown threath.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham]So what are you doing, Jumba ... have you made up your mind yet, or still undecided?[/QUOTE]At 8-1 Brother Derek is the play. I'll bet him, Barbaro and Sharp Humor across the board, use those 3 on top of a trifecta part wheel, exacta box, BD on top of a tri wheel, and box 6-9-11-16 in an exacta in case it gets crazy. Will spend about $1200.

Can't believe BD is getting no respect at the Churchill windows. I have him as the standout, but he has to get the lead on the rail by the first turn. If he does that they won't get by him.
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 05-06-2006 at 10:49 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brother Derek to win. BD will be the favorite no doubt.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham]KJ, is it correct to assume you hail from Kentucky?

Is so, two questions if you don't mind ...

1. Every been to the derby?

2. Ever visit Secretariat at Claiborne farms before he died?[/QUOTE]
    GJ& H: yes to going to the DERBY and No. I did not go to CLAIRBORNR FARMS. But I did go to the KENTUCKY HORSE park and saw a great statue of SECRETARIAT. I also went to HAMBURG PAVILLION where Man O' War grazed. I am not living in ORMOND BEACH, FL but I miss Kentucky!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    1. point determined

2. Ap Warrior

3. Lawyer Ron

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, 8-1 on Brother Derek. That is insane although I don't like him in this race. It's a hell of a price though.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's the scheduled post time?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's 6:04 EST.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYRAGE]I think it's 6:04 EST.[/QUOTE]

Thx, Rage.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Barbaro to win.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Incredible race by Barbaro.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYRAGE]Incredible race by Barbaro.[/QUOTE]

I never realized how good he was. It wasn't even close at the end.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham]

Since there's no superhorse in this field ....[/QUOTE]
    Okay, I might have to rethink that :confused:

Now I don't know if Barbaro is a Superhorse, but I can't ever recall seeing any horse win the Kentucky Derby by 7+ lengths ... and I saw the last three Triple Crown Winners {Sec, Slew and Affirmed}

No doubt Edgar Prado had a perfect ride ... well other than stumbling out of the gate, and I don't wanna minimize that, but after that it was a perfect ride completely devoid of traffic ... I actually turned to my father when they hit the 3/4 poll and said Barbaro is a lock, cause at that point he had a perfect trip, ran a perfect race staying slightly off the pace, but it was clear sailing for a pass whenever Prado decided to push the button

And yes, I also realize it was a so-so-field, so I'm not handing Barbaro the Preakness and/or Belmont just yet

But having said that, that was a very impressive debry run for the undefeated colt ... again, widest margin of victory I can ever recall seeing ... and Prado never even moved his whip, so that horse might have plenty left in the tank

If nothing else I think Barbaro makes this very interesting now ... we already kew he had speed, but now we know he has stamina as well, and he can close as a stalker too

Suddenly this becomes very interesting
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 05-06-2006 at 08:38 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYRAGE]

Incredible race by Barbaro.[/QUOTE]
    You said it, rage ... nailed it ... that was an awesome performance

That was the type of performance that makes you strarting thinking about the S Word

As in, maybe we have a Superhorse?

And dig this, he's really a borderline 2 Year old ... Just turned 3 in April ... but he looks and runs like a beast :D
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 05-06-2006 at 08:42 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham]You said it, rage ... nailed it ... that was an awesome performance

That was the type of performance that makes you strarting thinking about the S Word

As in, maybe we have a Superhorse?

And dig this, he's really a borderline 2 Year old ... Just turned 3 in April ... but he looks and runs like a beast :D[/QUOTE]
    WOW! AGREED! I would love to see it happen! A TRIPLE CROWN! I hope I didn't jinx that horse! LOL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham]Okay, I might have to rethink that :confused:

Now I don't know if Barbaro is a Superhorse, but I can't ever recall seeing any horse win the Kentucky Derby by 7+ lengths ... and I saw the last three Triple Crown Winners {Sec, Slew and Affirmed}

No doubt Edgar Prado had a perfect ride ... well other than stumbling out of the gate, and I don't wanna minimize that, but after that it was a perfect ride completely devoid of traffic ... I actually turned to my father when they hit the 3/4 poll and said Barbaro is a lock, cause at that point he had a perfect trip, ran a perfect race staying slightly off the pace, but it was clear sailing for a pass whenever Prado decided to push the button

And yes, I also realize it was a so-so-field, so I'm not handing Barbaro the Preakness and/or Belmont just yet

But having said that, that was a very impressive debry run for the undefeated colt ... again, widest margin of victory I can ever recall seeing ... and Prado never even moved his whip, so that horse might have plenty left in the tank

If nothing else I think Barbaro makes this very interesting now ... we already kew he had speed, but now we know he has stamina as well, and he can close as a stalker too

Suddenly this becomes very interesting[/QUOTE]

Aren't these the same feelings you had towards Smarty Jones? The Belmont is a "Superhorse" Killa!