Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: Big Big game tonite, Mets must win.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

OT: Big Big game tonite, Mets must win.

I started this thread yesterday but in losing that game I fear we might get swept in Philadelphia. Now if Tom Glavine and the Mets don't hold the line tonite, I feel it's a matter of time before Philly is in first place.

Ikey I know we have a 133 games left but............

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    But..........

Why did the Mets let Cory Lidle go in the expansion draft!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets Go Mets Woo

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your still on here.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    But..........

Why did the Mets let Cory Lidle go in the expansion draft!
    Easy, because he wasn't Latino ? I dunno. Why did they let Chris Benson go?
    Why aren't they making a deal for Dontrelle or Zito?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    Your still on here.
    I told you my secrets.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    True, after a heartbreaker last night.

I gotta give some props to my new favorite Met -- Paul LoDuca. He is tough as nails and plays solid defense, hitting and game calling. He's really grown on me over the season. Plus, the guy takes a beating and keeps on going. Did you see that collision last night?

Gotta love it!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by suprjet

I gotta give some props to my new favorite Met -- Paul LoDuca. He is tough as nails and plays solid defense, hitting and game calling. He's really grown on me over the season. Plus, the guy takes a beating and keeps on going. Did you see that collision last night?

Gotta love it!!
    I like Shrek better than LoDuca. His defense is really not that good.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by suprjet

Gotta love it!!
    Yes, I agree but I'd like him even better if he tagged him out at home.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK
    Easy, because he wasn't Latino ? I dunno. Why did they let Chris Benson go?
    Why aren't they making a deal for Dontrelle or Zito?
    Why'd they let Dan Wheeler go? Why'd they trade Melvin Mora plus for a Mike Bordick rental?

I'd love to have Dontrelle Willis, but please don't trade Lastings Milledge. Pelfrey or Humber, maybe, but no Milledge. And I would not trade any one of these three for Zito.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta love how the mets are down but never out this yr.That is so good to see.

Heard a rumor in one of the papers Minaya might try and get Livian Hernandez from the Nationals.We really need a 3rd starter.

I don't think we should sell the farm for an ace. Just get a respectable 3rd guy in their and I think we could be in good shape. If not im feeling some losing streaks coming on. Hope my gut is wrong.

BTW us Mets fans need to rally together and run this UMP Angel Hernandez out of shea. Booo the heck out of him, haggle him all game I don't care what people do but, Do it so well he never wants to set foot in Shea again. The fact I know this guys name is a disgrace. MLB has got to do something about this. Umps are out of hand these days.

His crap should not be tolerated. Umpires really need to get over themselves. I don't pay money to see some doosh of an ump think he is bigger than the game.
    Last edited by 631JetFan; 05-10-2006 at 04:15 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joemusgo
    Why'd they let Dan Wheeler go? Why'd they trade Melvin Mora plus for a Mike Bordick rental?

I'd love to have Dontrelle Willis, but please don't trade Lastings Milledge. Pelfrey or Humber, maybe, but no Milledge. And I would not trade any one of these three for Zito.
    Let me tell you what I'm afraid of. If we don't get a quality pitch asap then we are going to spiral downward out of control. It's contagious. Everybody is going to start pushing and trying too hard. When that happens we find ourselves in second place. Now is the time to make the move, not after we find ourselves in second or third place and talking about next year. JMO

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I told you my secrets.

No lol I was talking about Jetsrule128

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let me tell you what I'm afraid of. If we don't get a quality pitch asap then we are going to spiral downward out of control. It's contagious. Everybody is going to start pushing and trying too hard. When that happens we find ourselves in second place. Now is the time to make the move, not after we find ourselves in second or third place and talking about next year. JMO
    No one trades pitching in May.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    this is gonna be a very fun series to watch all year long

last night the Mets got robbed on the high called third strike on Matsui in the top of the ninth... i watched the whole thing and didn't think the Mets were going to lose.

i have to admit im a phillies fan. I never even watched baseball until i moved out of NY - it was the 6 dollar tickets in the upper deck of the vet that got me hooked.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I agree but I'd like him even better if he tagged him out at home.
    Wasn't there a game early this season when LoDuca dropped the throw and he got the out call anyway?

Maybe he figured it would continue all year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What you talking about, Willis?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    No one trades pitching in May.
    Thank you. The only outside pitching options available now would cost too much or be no better than what they've got as internal options.

Lets see what happens come summertime.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't disagree, but at what price? To me it makes more sense for the Mets to put Heilman in the rotation. I really don't understand Omar's and Willie's stubbornness on this issue. He wants to start, will clearly be an excellent starter, and the bullpen will continue to be a strength. Once Bannister comes back, with Heilman in the rotation, we're set. And Alay Soler is not far away.

As for the bullpen, the Mets just brought up Heath Bell, who I think with his added splitter can help fill the void if Heilman is put in the rotation. The Mets also have a converted catcher named Henry Owens blowing batters away in the minors, though I believe he is sidelined at the moment with elbow stiffness. Still, with Wagner, Sanchez, Julio, Bradford, Oliver, Heath Bell, Fortunato, et. al. I am not worried about the bullpen.

Lastings Milledge will be a star in this league and will be starting in LF for us next season, if not sooner if Floyd can't find his stroke. Trading Milledge will create a void for years to come. Since Willis is young himself, I can see trading Pelfrey or Humber for him, though not for Zito who is older and showing signs of aging. But I don't trade Milledge for anyone.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree...its as big as a game can get for the first week in May. Heading down to Philly in an hr to root on my Mets...looking forward to a cheesesteak, and some quality baseball!!

Hopefully there will be a Wagner appearance.