Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matsui Fractured Wrist

All Pro

Matsui Fractured Wrist

Surgery scheduled for Friday

All League
    SH** !!!

I just got home from work - you talking Kaz or Hideki ?!?

Jets Insider VIP
    Hideki

Cabrera-Damon-Crosby in the OF, ouch!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87
    Hideki
    Oh - nobody important...

Whew!!

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    What happened? Did he fall down, go boom?

All League
    NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO

Damn it, what else is going to go wrong?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

That's a shame. Did the Phils CF stay in the game after messing up his face on the fence?
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 05-12-2006 at 07:45 AM.

f*ck!! cano's gonna have to move up in the order now. johnson better get his ac together or we could be in some trouble. F*CK!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Cabrera-Damon-Crosby in the OF, ouch!

Actually I like Cabrera I think he could be another great ball player. He knows how to make the pitcher work had a great bunt last night bats a 385 comming out of triple A. Scouts are raving about him be the next big hitter. This could be a blessing in disguise. He might come up like Cano did last year. Thats the problem with alot of yankees fans they have bought into steinbrenners dilusion of trading the house of young players for players that have a few years left. I would love to see theYankees use Columbus to replenish this roster to get some young blood to push the veterans. Despite what alot of people think there are some good players down there that can really help the Yankees Cabrera could be one of them. Cosby is a good fielder average hitter. I dont think that line up is really all that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969
    Actually I like Cabrera I think he could be another great ball player. He knows how to make the pitcher work had a great bunt last night bats a 385 comming out of triple A. Scouts are raving about him be the next big hitter. This could be a blessing in disguise. He might come up like Cano did last year. Thats the problem with alot of yankees fans they have bought into steinbrenners dilusion of trading the house of young players for players that have a few years left. I would love to see theYankees use Columbus to replenish this roster to get some young blood to push the veterans. Despite what alot of people think there are some good players down there that can really help the Yankees Cabrera could be one of them. Cosby is a good fielder average hitter. I dont think that line up is really all that bad.
    i want to see cabrera play a game that's not against boston. i sort of feel bad for him, he's thrown in there in big spots and is expected to take sheff's place. give him some time.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969
    please..cabrera sucks..the yankees are making me nervous..they look like they are afraid of the dead sox..I have never seen fear of the dead sox in 33 years!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    That's a shame. Did the Bosox CF stay in the game after messing up his face on the fence?
    That was Aaron Rowand of the Phillies against the Mets. That collision with the wall was insane, The wall won.

matsui out 2 months-end of season. this isn't looking good. no sheff or matsui. of all the guys you expect to break down because of injury, matsui isn't one of them.
    1. damon
    2. jeter
    3. giambi
    4. arod
    5. posada
    6. cano
    7. williams
    8. crosby
    9. cabrera
    like i said earlier, johnson better earn his stripes.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    please..cabrera sucks..the yankees are making me nervous..they look like they are afraid of the dead sox..I have never seen fear of the dead sox in 33 years!!!

MELKY'S AWESOME!!

Hittin' .500 this season, 1 RBI in 2 games vs. Boston, I'm ready to see more of this kid.

All League
    Melky was on pace to win MVP in the International League before being called up...

Quote Originally Posted by bravesQB718
    MELKY'S AWESOME!!

Hittin' .500 this season, 1 RBI in 2 games vs. Boston, I'm ready to see more of this kid.

too bad, they just brought up kevin reese. that other guy they were talking about on the postgame, kevin thompson, looked like a good replacement.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Oh man, the poor Yanks!

(lololol!!!!)

i'm not hear to start anything bet melky cabrera has never been labeled the next great hitter out of the minors, he wasnt even considered a top 50 prospect last year.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by the vilmanator
    i'm not hear to start anything bet melky cabrera has never been labeled the next great hitter out of the minors, he wasnt even considered a top 50 prospect last year.
    You are right there. But, he was thrown to the wolves from AA last year, and this year he has been ripping the ball all over the place in AAA. He is a very solid prospect.

The only thing the Yankees do right with their farm system is hype the hell out of prospects that they are not interested in and downplay the ones they really are interested in.

If you start hearing rave reviews from the local media that is in Steinbrenner's pocket then you know for sure that player is a trade chip.