Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 innings is a complete game my as*

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

5 innings is a complete game my as*

I hate that rule its so cheap I cant f'n stand it its bs. Just replay the game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rules are the rules, we had our chances tonight and left tons of runners on base.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aaron ****in Rowand that tells tonights story. He just had to catch it lol.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Rules are the rules, we had our chances tonight and left tons of runners on base.
    The truth hurts. I still hate the rule though. I'd always prefer to just play the second half of the game as part of a double header the same way they do when a game is completely rained out.

Could you imagine the NFL having a "End of the 3rd Quarter Equals a Complete Game" rule?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    nothing we can do about it...except sweep em when they come to shea in 2 weeks...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ICWT10
    The truth hurts. I still hate the rule though. I'd always prefer to just play the second half of the game as part of a double header the same way they do when a game is completely rained out.

Could you imagine the NFL having a "End of the 3rd Quarter Equals a Complete Game" rule?
    The rule sucks, but it has been there for 100 years.

Baseall plays 8x as many games as Football, I think the importance of an NFL game >>>>>> A baseball game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    The rule sucks, but it has been there for 100 years.

Baseall plays 8x as many games as Football, I think the importance of an NFL game >>>>>> A baseball game.
    Agreed. Ultimate points though are we agree the rule sucks; but also agree the Mets squandered chances to score runs.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ICWT10
    Agreed. Ultimate points though are we agree the rule sucks; but also agree the Mets squandered chances to score runs.
    Gotta credit the Phils defense somewhat for that though. Rowand saved the game, Wright also just missed a 3 run shot by a few feet.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    tonight would have been a nice win tho w/ lima and gonzalez throwing the next 2 games

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it wasn't for bad luck in Philly, we'd have no luck at all.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    I hate that rule its so cheap I cant f'n stand it its bs. Just replay the game.
    Would you be so angry if the Mets won an a 5 inning rain shortened game?

Be honest.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rowand broke his nose on that play - it may have been a cheap rule but make no mistake the Phillies paid for that win. Also Chase Utley is money in the rain.

the truth is that the Mets are a much better team than the Phillies on paper - and most of the time - but the Phils aren't all that bad this year. This will be a great series all year long.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Long season, the only real negative would have been if the Phillies swept them. Really not a big deal. Phillies will have a good team this year, but if the Mets can stay away from a "major" injury, I think it is their year for at least the division. Pelfrey will be starting for the Mets by mid-June and I think they will get another bat to come off the bench my the trading deadline. In the NL though the Cards look REALLY scary. Overall should be a fun summer of baseball in NY.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since they only played a half a game this should only count as 1/2 game in the standings.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Willie knew the rains were coming. He should've pinch hit for Traschel.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are 162 fricken games. You can't have tens of thousands of fans come out for hours, have the stadium pay their employees, deal with the whole radio and TV broadcasts, play 5 innings and then do it all again. This isn't football with a 16 game schedule here.

This is a rule that has been around longer than any of us have been baseball fans (except Savage, he remembers baseball back when Babe Ruth was a pitcher). I have no issue with this rule, and it was put in place for a reason. There are only so many free dates to replay games. The logistics make it simply impossible to even consider calling any game or replaying any game, or picking up in whatever inning play was halted in.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I woke up this morning and the first thing I thought about the Mets loss in Philly.
    Now the long road trip..

These rain cancelation even out in the long run. So I don't feel bad about that. It was the bad luck yesterday , that catch with bases loaded. It haunts me.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just thought they'd wait a little longer before canceling the game since it was only a 2 - 0 game. They do other times but maybe not his time because there was a threat of steady rain the rest of the evening.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Mets were up 2-0 and the game was stopped for rain this thread would not exist.

Stop bitc*in.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofqueens718
    Since they only played a half a game this should only count as 1/2 game in the standings.
    Any other 100+ year old rules you want to change?

If David Wright is thrown out on a close play at first to the end the game, do you want to change the bases to 80 feet?