Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RMJK: Your boy Dontrelle is getting shelled

RMJK: Your boy Dontrelle is getting shelled

Can you say overrated? Or was last year a fluke?

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Everybody has bad days BUT there ain't now way I'd let Milledge go. I hope they don't, sincerely.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Can you say overrated? Or was last year a fluke?
    Hey Ikey Pedro got shelled today and we're 1 game ahead in first place. Like I said when we were 6 game ahead, get a pitcher soon rather than later. I'll take my chances with Dontrelle any day of the week. We just lost a series with Milwalkee who is playing .500 ball.

Maybe that Willis is going thru hard times we can actually get him at a reasonable price.

Just judging from his K/9 and K/BB, I knew he wasn't going to repeat his success from last year, but I couldn't imagine he'd be this bad.

His value is falling and falling for the Marlins.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK
    Hey Ikey Pedro got shelled today and we're 1 game ahead in first place. Like I said when we were 6 game ahead, get a pitcher soon rather than later. I'll take my chances with Dontrelle any day of the week. We just lost a series with Milwalkee who is playing .500 ball.

Maybe that Willis is going thru hard times we can actually get him at a reasonable price.
    We are losing ground because the Phils have won 13 out of 14.

Pedro, didn't get "shelled" yesterday, he had a respectable line, Willis has been brutal this year.

Willis as I said isn't Koufax, he is a very good pitcher, but not one morgaging the farm for. JMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    We are losing ground because the Phils have won 13 out of 14.
    Pedro, didn't get "shelled" yesterday, he had a respectable line, Willis has been brutal this year.
    Willis as I said isn't Koufax, he is a very good pitcher, but not one morgaging the farm for. JMO.
    Who is talking about mortgaging the farm. We have a lot of value and could trade for a pitcher. Trading some AA or AAA prospects is not mortgaging the farm.

Willis is going through a tough stretch right now. This is the time to get him when he doesn't look like a HOF which he will be some day IMO.

Who is talking about mortgaging the farm. We have a lot of value and could trade for a pitcher. Trading some AA or AAA prospects is not mortgaging the farm.

Willis is going through a tough stretch right now. This is the time to get him when he doesn't look like a HOF which he will be some day IMO.
    What AA and AAA prospects are you talking about? Even though Willis has been struggling, he's still going to cost a lot and they aren't going to give him away. Plus, a lot of teams would be interested in him, including the Texas Rangers to name one.

If you think you can get Willis without a package starting with Pelfrey or Milledge (and most likely both) then you're dreaming.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    What AA and AAA prospects are you talking about? Even though Willis has been struggling, he's still going to cost a lot and they aren't going to give him away. Plus, a lot of teams would be interested in him, including the Texas Rangers to name one.

If you think you can get Willis without a package starting with Pelfrey or Milledge (and most likely both) then you're dreaming.

Boy you really don't wanna see Dontrelle pitching in Flushing do you? JUST ADMIT IT....DONTRELLE IS NOT GOING TO THE YANKEES!!!

Not a snowballs chance in H-E- double hockey sticks would the Mets ever part with Milledge and Pelfrey for Willis...and the GM that asks for the both of them would hear a dial tone so fast his ear drums would spin!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofqueens718
    Boy you really don't wanna see Dontrelle pitching in Flushing do you? JUST ADMIT IT....DONTRELLE IS NOT GOING TO THE YANKEES!!!

Not a snowballs chance in H-E- double hockey sticks would the Mets ever part with Milledge and Pelfrey for Willis...and the GM that asks for the both of them would hear a dial tone so fast his ear drums would spin!
    GOOD! I have said all along I don't want Dontrelle for the price it would cost.

Maybe not both Pelfrey and Milledge, but it would be a package that would start with one of them. Maybe Milledge/Pelfrey, Fernando Martinez, and something else for him. But, I'm not sure that would be enough because there is going to be a bidding war for Dontrelle Willis if he is available.

By the way, I don't really care about the Mets getting Willis or not, but I think the Mets would be better off by keeping the few prospects they have left and not getting Dontrelle.

Fernando is the future, he is only 17 and tearing it up.

He is however injured now with a bone bruise.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofqueens718

alright..now thats a much better signature..

Fernando is the future, he is only 17 and tearing it up.

He is however injured now with a bone bruise.
    I know who he is. He's the Mets version of Jose Tabata. (Although he is doing a little better than Tabata this year).

I know who he is. He's the Mets version of Jose Tabata. (Although he is doing a little better than Tabata this year).
    I never said you didn't, but Martinez is Omar's boy so I don't think he is going anywhere.

like i said if the Mets are trading Milledge to anyone it's to the A's for Zito. He's in another class than Dontrelle.

Jets Insider VIP

I'm not dreaming and I would give up both to get Dontrelle Willis.

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti
    like i said if the Mets are trading Milledge to anyone it's to the A's for Zito. He's in another class than Dontrelle.
    As in worse?

Also he is a FA after this year and Willis isn't until 2008

Willis' value >>>>>>>>>>>>Zito's

I'm not dreaming and I would give up both to get Dontrelle Willis.

Omar > RMJK

Jets Insider VIP

Omar > RMJK

LOL, Don't take this stuff personal man. We need a pitcher and I think Dontrelle Willis has a chance of being a HOF while the other guys are prospects. That what you do when you build a team you give up prospects for proven players.
    Let me buy you a cup of coffee.

Jets Insider VIP

Omar > RMJK

I agree with your statement BTW.

As in worse?

Also he is a FA after this year and Willis isn't until 2008

Willis' value >>>>>>>>>>>>Zito's
    Yeah maybe in bizarro world. Zito is a cy young winner with a deadly 12 to 6 curveball - he plays best in big games down the stretch - he's a proven commodity over several seasons. Willis is a flash in the pan until proven otherwise. also what does free agency have to do with anything there is no salary cap in MLB.