Thread: Yanks to bring back Soriano?

Veteran

Yanks to bring back Soriano?

News: The New York Post reports that rumors around the Yankees trading for Alfonso Soriano are bound to happen now that the team lost Hideki Matsui (wrist) for three months. Soriano has shared his strong desire to return to the Yankees, where he played in his first few seasons before being traded for Alex Rodriguez. Washington GM Jim Bowden has indicated that his team is poor right now and a trade might be a good move.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Watch them cut a deal, then Soriano refuses to play anywhere but 2nd! LOLOLOL!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    and play him where?

thats is pretty messed up if Soriano agrees to go to the outfield on the Yankees

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green
    and play him where?
    Left. The Yanks have no left-fielder at the moment. At least Sheffield's coming back in the near future.

Washington GM Jim Bowden has indicated that his team is poor right now and a trade might be a good move.
    If this is the case. Does anyone see them having a big sale like the Marlins did?

The Mets should make a serious push to get Hernandez if true.
    What do the Met fans think?

If they do this what happens when Matsui comes back in a couple of months? Full time DH? Or are we trading someone else then?

Just let Bubba play left for now. Lets see what the kid has full time..I think he's a player.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase
    If they do this what happens when Matsui comes back in a couple of months? Full time DH? Or are we trading someone else then?

Just let Bubba play left for now. Lets see what the kid has full time..I think he's a player.

Bubba and Bernie could cover

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase

He may not be back at all this year. They are saying minumum of three months. But they're still going to have a very good lineup. Not everyone's gotta hit thirty HRs.

get through this with bubba and melky. matsui just inked a new deal, and now they're talking about soriano??? doesn't make any sense and would be a bad move unless sheff isn't coming back next year.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee_Jet
    News: The New York Post reports that rumors around the Yankees trading for Alfonso Soriano are bound to happen
    So, to clarify:

This is a rumor about a potential rumor.

All Pro
    Melky is gonna be good..I watch him here in Columbus.

Just wait, now that he has a opportunity he's gonna surprise some people..no need for AL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green
    Bubba and Bernie could cover
    Bernie can't play the OF anymore and that has been obvious for the last couple years.

As for Sori, I want nothing to do with him unless he comes on the cheap. I don't give up Hughes (if we did for Sori, I'd have trouble rooting for this team for a little while) and I don't give up Duncan. Melky and a little more and that's it.

Rookie
    i could see soriano making changes for Torre. From what i hear he hasn't really been happy since leaving the Yankees. I would love him back in pinstripes.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 631JetFan
    If this is the case. Does anyone see them having a big sale like the Marlins did?

The Mets should make a serious push to get Hernandez if true.
    What do the Met fans think?
    MAN!!! Were talking about a real team here, not the damn mets....