Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Hey Ikey I told you so

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ikey I told you so

Only a matter of time that we go into a tailspin without another pitcher. It's called the domino affect. Get Zito or Willis, pronto.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK
    Only a matter of time that we go into a tailspin without another pitcher. It's called the domino affect. Get Zito or Willis, pronto.

I couldn't agree more. I was all for moving Heilman into the starting rotation when Zambrano went down.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are 7-6 in May.

No need to panic. Phils will start to lose some games. No oneis trading pitching in May, Bannister is back this week, and Gonzalez looked like he belonged.

We are the best team in the division. I said if we play .500 ball during this tough stretch we would be fine.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    We are 7-6 in May.

No need to panic. Phils will start to lose some games. No oneis trading pitching in May, Bannister is back this week, and Gonzalez looked like he belonged.

We are the best team in the division. I said if we play .500 ball during this tough stretch we would be fine.
    No one is panicing here. Get a pitcher but only if the deal can be done at a reasonable cost. I think the Mets have quite a few player that can be considered tradeable.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm predicting the Cardinals sweep the Mets in Saint Louis. And I hope I'm wrong.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK
    No one is panicing here. Get a pitcher but only if the deal can be done at a reasonable cost. I think the Mets have quite a few player that can be considered tradeable.
    you first say "get zito or willis pronto". you then say "get a pitcher, but only if the deal can be done at a reasonable cost."

Well, which one is it? Because anyone will tell you that zito and willis can not be gotten at a "reasonable" cost right now, by anyone's definition of reasonable.

Its May 16th and we are in first place, despite the fact that the Phillies (a very good team) have been playing some unreal baseball. If someone told you that info before the season started, you would have been ecstatic --or at least you should have been.

besides, who are these players the mets have that are "tradeable"? besides pelfrey or milledge, we do not have anyone that is remotely valuable (im not counting reyes or wright of course). there's no reason we should be mortgaging our future when we are in first place and all that we've lost is our #4 starter.
    Last edited by crasherino; 05-16-2006 at 04:21 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino
    you first say "get zito or willis pronto". you then say "get a pitcher, but only if the deal can be done at a reasonable cost."

Well, which one is it? Because anyone will tell you that zito and willis can not be gotten at a "reasonable" cost right now, by anyone's definition of reasonable.
    Owned.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino

Its May 16th and we are in first place, despite the fact that the Phillies (a very good team) have been playing some unreal baseball. If someone told you that info before the season started, you would have been ecstatic --or at least you should have been.

besides, who are these players the mets have that are "tradeable"? besides pelfrey or milledge, we do not have anyone that is remotely valuable (im not counting reyes or wright of course). there's no reason we should be mortgaging our future when we are in first place and all that we've lost is our #4 starter.

LOL, I guess you told me

You know what rhetorical means; we'll I'm talking rhetorically speaking. I'm not privileged to what the offers and counter offers that are being bandied around behind the scenes. But Okay what about a few prospect( M & P) with a Castro, Matsui, Floyd (of course), Hernandez, Lima ( ), Gonzalles are all candidates for trading.

Maybe you are right. I don't really know. But I'd still like to get a quality pitcher.