Thread: OT: Mets face the Cardinals

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

OT: Mets face the Cardinals

The first-place teams in the NL East and Central divisions open a three-game series, with the Mets trying to rebound after losing five of their last seven games.
    Glavine set to face Pujols, Cardinals
    New York (23-14) at St. Louis (24-14), Tuesday, 8:10 p.m. ET

Anybody else excited about this game?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You know that I am. The Cards are going to tear through the Mets like Yogi Bear tears through Picanic Baskets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Jets Fan
    You know that I am. The Cards are going to tear through the Mets like Yogi Bear tears through Picanic Baskets.
    Yes, I agree and then we will be officially out of first place.

All Pro
    Margate Fl soon to be Ocala FL by way of Da Bronx
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Jets Fan

Looks like the Cards did some tearing up last night uh ....... Mr. Pujols 0-4 Mr Rolen 1-4 Mr Edmonds 0-3

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    they always say baseball is a marathon not a sprint - and you can't get up or down on just 1 game - but last night's game proved how good the Mets team is this year... they can play with and beat anyone.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti
    they always say baseball is a marathon not a sprint - and you can't get up or down on just 1 game - but last night's game proved how good the Mets team is this year... they can play with and beat anyone.

I agree 110% Bit...I've been a little skeptical about who the mets have played this year despite them being 10 games over .500, and i do realize that it was only 1 game against the cards. But,it was nice to see what can happen when everything clicks with the Mets especially against an "elite" team.

Great starting pitching from Glavine
    Great middle relief (even Julio)
    Timely Hitting (something thats been lacking this year)

You need all of these things to beat the best. Now hopefully they can finish what they started and take this series against the Cards, and go into the weekend series w/ the Yanks w/ a head of steam. It'll be nice to have Pedro and Glavine going against them (i like the Mets chances).

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrican
    Looks like the Cards did some tearing up last night uh ....... Mr. Pujols 0-4 Mr Rolen 1-4 Mr Edmonds 0-3
    Crowning the Mets World Series Champs already? Prince Albert doesn't go 0-4 much, look for retribution tonight.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak10
    I agree 110% Bit...I've been a little skeptical about who the mets have played this year despite them being 10 games over .500, and i do realize that it was only 1 game against the cards. But,it was nice to see what can happen when everything clicks with the Mets especially against an "elite" team.

Great starting pitching from Glavine
    Great middle relief (even Julio)
    Timely Hitting (something thats been lacking this year)

You need all of these things to beat the best. Now hopefully they can finish what they started and take this series against the Cards, and go into the weekend series w/ the Yanks w/ a head of steam. It'll be nice to have Pedro and Glavine going against them (i like the Mets chances).
    Now if they can do it one more time in St. Louis I'll start to believe. Maybe tonight with Trachel.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK
    Now if they can do it one more time in St. Louis I'll start to believe. Maybe tonight with Trachel.

Now that was a tough loss, get a 3 hit gem from Trachsel, and they couldn't get the big hit. Gotta tip your hat to Mulder though, he pitched one hell of a game!

Wrights GOTTA lift a ball to the outfield in that situation, even a shallow pop up would get reyes in there.

On to LIMA TIME!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    OMIGOD, Lima - Pray for the mother of all thunderstorms in St. Louis today. Pujols, Rolen, and Edmonds must be drooling.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parkwayjet1
    OMIGOD, Lima - Pray for the mother of all thunderstorms in St. Louis today. Pujols, Rolen, and Edmonds must be drooling.
    i am a met fan who is not playing the game and I AM DROOLING just thinking about that lima "change-up". The guy only has 2 pitches and the change-up is now about 5 mph slower then the fastball.........thats not a change-up thats a hitters dream.