Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much better is Jeter than A-Rod?

All Pro

How much better is Jeter than A-Rod?

First, I am not an A-Rod basher. He's got great power and speed and hits for average. The guy puts up huge numbers. Good enough to be MVP (again) last year. He's a golden-glove fielder. He's a first-ballot hall-of-famer (unless he suffers a catstrophic injury tomorrow) and he will probably end up breaking Aaron or Bond's record for career home runs someday. In short, I would take him on my team any day.

But who would you rather have up in a clutch situation? Who would you rather have going back on a pop-up with two men on in a close game? Who would you rather have take a cut-off on a play to the plate. Derek's huge night last night (including throwing out Texeira at the plate) reminded me just how much stats don't tell the story. Anyone who says the guy is overrated simply can't be watching him play every day.

Jets Insider VIP
    IMO ARod is the better all around player. Maybe the best in major leagues.

Hall Of Fame
    ARod is light years ahead talent wise. Jeter is a better ball player....

ARod is a much better player than Jeter, there is really no debating it.

And Mark Texieira could be the most overrated player in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by BergenJet
    ARod is light years ahead talent wise. Jeter is a better ball player....
    No he isn't.

All Pro
    AROD is a much better player. Better hitter. Better fielder. HOWEVER, come the postseason, I would much rather see Jeter at the plate than A-Rod.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK
    IMO ARod is the better all around player. Maybe the best in major leagues.
    They are both great players. And Jeter will never win an MVP (regular season). But I'm not sure I would trade him straight up for A-Rod (yes i know they're on the same team).

Hall Of Fame
    a-rod is a better baseball player than jeter...jeter just has a knack for coming up big when it counts, which is far more important than being the better player...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    No he isn't.
    You forgot to put IMI in your reply; you've been talkin' to Kaysar too long.

Quote Originally Posted by chirorob
    AROD is a much better player. Better hitter. Better fielder. HOWEVER, come the postseason, I would much rather see Jeter at the plate than A-Rod.
    A-rod career postseason 118 AB's .305 .393 .534
    Jeter career postseason 462 AB's 307 .379 .463

Jeter is far more clutch but ARod has more overall talent - forced to choose i'd say Jeter is the guy you want to win a world series, ARod is the guy you want on your fantasy team.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti
    Jeter is far more clutch but ARod has more overall talent - forced to choose i'd say Jeter is the guy you want to win a world series, ARod is the guy you want on your fantasy team.
    bit, why's your avatar got a picture of schlegel in a browns uniform?

A-Rod's postseason #'s are better than Jeter's.

A-Rod is the better hitter and better fielder, IDK how there is a debate about this.

Jets Insider VIP
    So who do you want on your team over the next 5 years if you can have only one? Me, I'm takin' ARod.

Funny how no one brings up how "clutch" A-Rod is when he hit a 3 run HR on Saturday when the score ended up 4-3, when A-Rod hit the go-ahead HR the other day as well vs. Boston, etc.

The real problem is that wherever A-Fraud goes the team gets WORSE not better. Why that is I'll leave up to you. But for me?

Its the Curse of A-Fraud.

prove it

Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2
    The real problem is that wherever A-Fraud goes the team gets WORSE not better. Why that is I'll leave up to you. But for me?

Its the Curse of A-Fraud.
    baseball is a one player sport now? how is a team worse with A-Rod?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    prove it
    Last years playoff games.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK
    Last years playoff games.
    Sample Size.