Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What happened with Mawae? Is he trading hate email with fans?

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like

What happened with Mawae? Is he trading hate email with fans?

Okay, so which one of you guys flamed Kevin in an email...

http://www.playersinc.com/players/pl...ection=journal

Type of fans athletes don''t like
    05/12/06

Late last week I had posted an email that I had recieved from a fan wishing me to get hurt because I chose to leave NY. I then asked whoever read this site to email him to let him know how you felt about his email.

In hind site, that wasn't a very smart thing to do, as all I did was add fuel to the fire. I will not respond to any further such emails, and won't even read them.

My short-sightedness was a mistake, and I apologize.

God Bless, Kevin
    Last edited by jetstream23; 05-17-2006 at 02:30 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You two faced fans are INSANE!!!! You are hoping that Mawae gets HURT because??????????WHY?????? Because he bled Green and White and tried to help us WIN!!!! AMAZING GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown
    You two faced fans are INSANE!!!! You are hoping that Mawae gets HURT because??????????WHY?????? Because he bled Green and White and tried to help us WIN!!!! AMAZING GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!
    Yeah, totaly crazy, not to mention it is the guys career that we are talking about. He had been nothing but nice and open to Jets fans in the past. Hopefully he realizes that that was an isolated incident and doesn't reflect most Jets fans. Glad he saw that he needed to take the high road in the future once his head cleared.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

What would make you think....

the e-mail came from JI? There are plenty of crazy fans with computers all over NY (not to mention NE and a few other places)... Mawae deserves all the best in his new assignment with a new team. I would guess 99% of the fans here would agree. The remaining 1% may not wish him the best, but I doubt they wish him injured...

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun
    the e-mail came from JI? There are plenty of crazy fans with computers all over NY (not to mention NE and a few other places)... Mawae deserves all the best in his new assignment with a new team. I would guess 99% of the fans here would agree. The remaining 1% may not wish him the best, but I doubt they wish him injured...
    It was a bit of a joke. I don't know that it came from somewhere here but knowing the cast of characters that frequent this site, would anyone really be surprised?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    His response was dopey, too, however. Just leave it alone. There's one in every crowd.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    There is no reason to suspect that came from here, so let's not even suggest it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun
    1. I agree

2. What's the deal with you and guys' a$$es? Are you Brokeback?

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin
    There is no reason to suspect that came from here, so let's not even suggest it.
    I don't know about anyone else on this site, but here's a copy of the post I left for Kevin after he was released. Anyone who wished Mawae "ill will" and that he "gets hurt" should be stripped of his or her Jet fan card and big foam finger. Some people are just beyond stupid and it's like I always say, just because you are a Jet fan, that doesn't necessarily make you a good person, does it?

Hey Kevin,

Yes I know, didn't see this one coming and yes, it does get complicated doesn't it?

I don't have the facts as to why they ultimately decided to cut you even though I'm sure your agent did his best in looking out for your interests. But what the Wharton School of Business cannot teach you is that in the real world sometimes you can't rely on the front man when the matter at hand needs to be handled by the boss himself. Kind of a hindsight thing but I hope it's something you'll remember for your future endeavors (see Woody Johnson ala Jay Cross & the NYSCC as a reference).

I wish I had some magic words of wisdom or a way of reversing the damage that has already been done, but I will try to make you feel better by asking you to consider these thoughts. If you take out all the hearts, flowers & sentiment aspect of your highly respected tenure with the Jets, really what's left for you as a player here Kevin?

1) All the coaches - gone.
    2) Terry B. who was a great GM but got pushed around by the coaches & crucified by the idiot pencil jockeys - not gone but downgraded to handling the scouting for the team and what he excels at.
    3) The Offensive Line - pretty much gone and a new one (with or without you) is going to take at least a couple of years to gel.
    4) Chad Pennington - (edited 3/6/06) cheaper to keeper.
    5) Hofstra Practice Facility & F.O. - will be gone by next season.
    6) The rest of the cuts - wait until you see who else is gone, you were just the tip of the iceberg!
    7) A sympathetic owner - gone. Woody is sick of spending multi millions on the one thing he can't buy, a $10,000 Lombardi trophy and SB Champ bragging rights. His edict half way through last season was to start throwing all the babies out with the bathwater and start fresh. Unfortunately, you were one of those babies and collateral damage.
    8) If you think they are holding on to Curtis Martin because they think he's still a Pro Bowl player, think again. Martin is being kept for his name and as an insurance policy for 2006 gate revenue. Every die hard season ticket holder & tailgate party is bracing for a "never let the game interfere with the party" kind of season in 06 too.

I will really miss your ugly mug around campus, at every off season charity event and just busting your chops like I always do, but it's more important that you take care of yourself and your family right now. Going to the NO Saints would be the dream team for you & let you finish your NFL career at home (literally) surrounded by family & friends. You can also get started on that sports ministry program with your church you talked about a little sooner too, but you really can't do anything without money either.

If Miami is the highest bidder for your outstanding talent & services then go for it. I personally will wish you all the best and just ask that you take it easy on Vilma when playing against us next season. As for me I have to go meet Brenda this weekend at a fundraiser down at the Jersey shore and we'll drink in sadness to your untimely departure as well as toast to your future successes. In other words we're getting piss a$$ drunk in your honor.

Farewell my old friend and be well, you will be forever missed in green & white.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ugh good god limo enough ass kissing. funny how a woman who has been a jet fan for 3 years, well 4 now feels the need to strip other who have bled green since the 70's

mawae is a friggin crybaby. the guy shouldnt care whaT DUMB FANS SAY

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite
    ugh good god limo enough ass kissing. funny how a woman who has been a jet fan for 3 years, well 4 now feels the need to strip other who have bled green since the 70's

mawae is a friggin crybaby. the guy shouldnt care whaT DUMB FANS SAY

great post dicky...

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Once a dick, always a dick.......

Pretending to know me and bashing former players is almost as embarrassing as this pic of you at last season's tailgate party. Back in your cage Dickloaf before your handlers realize they left the door open and you once again escaped into the civilized world .......

ugh good god limo enough ass kissing. funny how a woman who has been a jet fan for 3 years, well 4 now feels the need to strip other who have bled green since the 70's mawae is a friggin crybaby. the guy shouldnt care whaT DUMB FANS SAY
    Tailgate Party Pics ~ 2005

Last edited by Limolady; 05-17-2006 at 03:28 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    NICE PICS LIMO. oops

well, you yourself said that you didnt ever hear of dennis byrd so thats enough for me. and bt, byrd was not the valor victorian of his class

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    NICE PICS LIMO. oops well, you yourself said that you didnt ever hear of dennis byrd so thats enough for me. and bt, byrd was not the valor victorian of his class
    In other breaking news, President John F. Kennedy was shot & killed by a lone gunman on the grassy knoll, Neil Armstrong was the first astronaut to walk on the moon and I never said I did not know who Dennis Byrd was, I simply refused to reply to a post made by BaumerJet who was attacking me over (once again ancient news) the now defunct West Side Stadium project.

Luckily, I do take pity on the mentally challenged so please forward me your mailing address and I will send you the latest version of "Hooked on Phonics." If anyone needs to learn how to spell and needs to take a few diction classes Dickloaf, it's you. I mean, look at your own post, you can't even abbreviate "BTW" correctly.

BTW - How come you are posting and it's still daylight out? Half a day for Special Ed classes?
    Last edited by Limolady; 05-17-2006 at 04:18 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    NICE PICS LIMO. oops

well, you yourself said that you didnt ever hear of dennis byrd so thats enough for me. and bt, byrd was not the valor victorian of his class

valor victorian

why you gotta take it back like dat Dick Loaf?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kevin,

We still you.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Valedictorian.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    and bt, byrd was not the valor victorian of his class
    And , apparently, you were not the valedictorian of your class either.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Move on Kevin.

Socialize with Titans fans.

The Jets have moved on and so should you.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why is he whining about this? He is on the Titans now. He should let it go.

I almost forgot about him until I was thinking about the shotgun formation the other day.