Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How Did You Become A Jets Fan?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The carpet in my room is green, brother's is blue...

Now, my whole room is green...who knows what would have happened if we had picked opposite rooms?? :eek:

But now I've turned him into a Jet fan despite the blue carpet in there. :yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    They just appealed to me. Did I ever mention I think some of the scenerios in Hostel look fun?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Went to college with Chad Pennington.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bravesQB718]The carpet in my room is green, brother's is blue...

Now, my whole room is green...who knows what would have happened if we had picked opposite rooms?? :eek:

But now I've turned him into a Jet fan despite the blue carpet in there. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Sounds like it's time for your brother to recarpet. ;)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Blast]I am guessing there are some pretty interesting stories that some of you can tell. My story is rather dull. I became a football fan in my teens. I felt compelled to choose a NY team. Everyone seemed to be Giants fans and I like to be different, so the Jets were an easy choice. It has been an emotional roller coaster since then but I have no regrets about my choice. :)[/QUOTE]
    I was 14 years old in 1978..and the jets were advertising on the radio selling season tickets..my bro was 22..he gobbled up 2 season tickets and the rest was history..marty glickman on 77 wabc callin the games,we didn't sell out back then(home games were blacked out)..with lil brucie harper..I remember a patsie fan getting killed at halftime by a propeller plane(not funny) in 79..against the pats..some weird stuff in shea at halftime..dog running down frizbie from 90 yards??anybody remember??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i used to follow jets and giants as akid - then 1984 i went to my firts game at Shea vs Baltimore Colts... It was electric #99 had 4 sacks and did his dance... Unfortunatley LEahy missed a fg and we lost 17-14... I was hooked!!! A few years later i went to the infamouse MNF Pumpkin games... 4 years later i got my season tickets

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=djaparz]i used to follow jets and giants as akid - then 1984 i went to my firts game at Shea vs Baltimore Colts... It was electric #99 had 4 sacks and did his dance... Unfortunatley LEahy missed a fg and we lost 17-14... I was hooked!!! A few years later i went to the infamouse MNF Pumpkin games... 4 years later i got my season tickets[/QUOTE]

hhhmmm leahy missing a field goal??that sounds familiar..do you remember the perfect pat garbage on the diamond vision???

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i had a jets helmet when I was little. I wore it all the time, and now I'm a die-hard Jets fan...good story eh ;)

the good part is that I converted my dad (cowboys) and my brother (bills). :D

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was never really into football growing up for some reason. Baseball was always in my heart especially the Mets. I even worked at shea in 77/78 but after I moved to florida I became a big jets fan. When I worked at the Orange bowl and I saw great games between Obrien and Marino and saw how bad the Miami fans treated Newyorkers I became more and more loyal to the Jets. JETS jets,jets,jets!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great stories guys. I was born in Cuba, and moved out when I was 4 years old (now 30). We moved from Cuba to Puerto Rico, I was there for about 9 years. Grew up watching baseball and watching the New York Mets and the Yankees on TV in Puerto Rico, since everyone in Puerto Rico has family or knows people in NY just like we did. I always cheered for the Mets and my bro always cheered for the Yankees. We use to go at it on who was the best team, I was in PR during the 86 series and I will never forget it. Around 1989 my brother and I started playing football, I started cheering for the Jets and he started cheering for the Giants, I have no idea how we picked our teams. We always had family and friends in LIC, Queens, so we would go and still go to NY about twice a year. We just had a family reunion in New York for Thanksgiving last year, it was awesome. I live in Miami now, and I cant never see myself cheering for any of the teams here or for any other teams for that matter. I will be a Mets and Jets fan for the rest of my life. I love the fans. I go to one game in NY every year, and it just feels like I am home there. So that's my story.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Sack Exchange fan in the early 80's. And I was a HUGE Al Toon fan when I got a little older.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I was a kid and bored on Sunday afternoons while my father was working started watching AFL games with Curt Gowdy and Paul Christman announcing. Those games were so much more exciting than the NFL games and I guess I was someone who like the underdog.

As an AFL fan it just made sense for me to become a Titan fan, and went to the first Jet game ever at Shea and was hooked from then on.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jzelada121]Great stories guys. I was born in Cuba, and moved out when I was 4 years old (now 30). We moved from Cuba to Puerto Rico, I was there for about 9 years. Grew up watching baseball and watching the New York Mets and the Yankees on TV in Puerto Rico, since everyone in Puerto Rico has family or knows people in NY just like we did. I always cheered for the Mets and my bro always cheered for the Yankees. We use to go at it on who was the best team, I was in PR during the 86 series and I will never forget it. Around 1989 my brother and I started playing football, I started cheering for the Jets and he started cheering for the Giants, I have no idea how we picked our teams. We always had family and friends in LIC, Queens, so we would go and still go to NY about twice a year. We just had a family reunion in New York for Thanksgiving last year, it was awesome. I live in Miami now, and I cant never see myself cheering for any of the teams here or for any other teams for that matter. I will be a Mets and Jets fan for the rest of my life. I love the fans. I go to one game in NY every year, and it just feels like I am home there. So that's my story.[/QUOTE]
    That's an interesting story and kindof similiar to my situation here in Miami. I also went to a Family reunion on LI for thanksgiving last year. Maybe we might have been on the samr flight you never know. Anyway we play football every year at Bayport junior HS in the morning. We call it the Turkey Bowl. Old guys vs young guys. We are all pretty much old now though :) .It's a blast. If only the Jets play on Thanksgiving.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    my best friend was a NYGiants fan. I go so sick of him talking about how great the big blue was, so i started rooting for the jets really as a rivalry thing during the year the Giants won the SB(86). I've been green ever since!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    one word says it all................BRAINWASHED...................................................and wouldn't have anyway else

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    My old man is a Jets/Mets fan. I grew up by his side watching the likes of Richard Todd, Freeman McNeil, Joe Klecko, Dave Kingman, Craig Swan, Pat Zachary, Frank Tavares, etc.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kingofqueens718]My old man is a Jets/Mets fan. I grew up by his side watching the likes of Richard Todd, Freeman McNeil, Joe Klecko, Dave Kingman, Craig Swan, Pat Zachary, Frank Tavares, etc.[/QUOTE]
    I hear ya bro

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=george jetfan from miami]That's an interesting story and kindof similiar to my situation here in Miami. I also went to a Family reunion on LI for thanksgiving last year. Maybe we might have been on the samr flight you never know. Anyway we play football every year at Bayport junior HS in the morning. We call it the Turkey Bowl. Old guys vs young guys. We are all pretty much old now though :) .It's a blast. If only the Jets play on Thanksgiving.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome bud. Let me know where you go to watch the Jets' games this year. I went to the South Florida Jets Fan Club gathering for the draft it was pretty cool, I am defenitely going to watch some games there this year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kingofqueens718]My old man is a Jets/Mets fan. I grew up by his side watching the likes of Richard Todd, Freeman McNeil, Joe Klecko, Dave Kingman, Craig Swan, Pat Zachary, Frank Tavares, etc.[/QUOTE]

cmon king..your killin me with this sig..pickin on an old man..please..another met board???

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=george jetfan from miami]That's an interesting story and kindof similiar to my situation here in Miami. I also went to a Family reunion on LI for thanksgiving last year. Maybe we might have been on the samr flight you never know. Anyway we play football every year at Bayport junior HS in the morning. We call it the Turkey Bowl. Old guys vs young guys. We are all pretty much old now though :) .It's a blast. If only the Jets play on Thanksgiving.[/QUOTE]

That turkey bowl sounds great, I usually play on Thanksgiving as well. I will let you know.