Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 67

Thread: Yankees and Mets Fans

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    616
    Post Thanks / Like

    Yankees and Mets Fans

    i love how met fans are so bitter about the yankees. im a diehard yankee fan but i always root for the mets cus they are in a differnt league and they really have no effect on the yankees unless they beat them in interleague play. everyone always complains about yankees signing big named players in the offseason. The yankees have have no choice but to do this cus they have nothing in thier farm system. Who are the yankees top prospects? Duncan and Cabrera? Stienbrenner is a an old old man who has nothing better to spend his money on. So please met fans dont blame us yankee fans that your organization dosnt want to spend money. you dont need too, you have a crap load of young talent. although trading kazmir for zambrano was one of the dumbest moves ive seen in long time. but hey thats life. met fans you should be happy you have a great farm system for the future and two great players to build your organization around with wright and reyes. yankees dont have any of that. who are they gunna build around? cano? So Mets fans you guys need to relax with sayin how spoiled yankee fans are and what not. im tired of that BS statement. flame me all you want. GO NEW YORK.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,041
    Post Thanks / Like
    dude i personally dont hate the yankees....i find them boring but thats AL in general for me......i also think that the team has absolutelly no passion...guys like AROD collect their paycheck and sleep well regardless of win or loose....NOW....what i do hate is yankee fans that feel like being a yankee fan makes them special, and 20 year old guys telling me about their 26 titles which they know nothing about...its time to be realistic the yankees are just another team. I have no problem with any yankee fan rooting for his team i love guys who are fans....but speare me the speeches.

    actually another reason why we hate yankee fans is because about half of them dont know what baseball is.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    4,745
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nybaseball5
    i love how met fans are so bitter about the yankees. im a diehard yankee fan but i always root for the mets cus they are in a differnt league and they really have no effect on the yankees unless they beat them in interleague play. everyone always complains about yankees signing big named players in the offseason. The yankees have have no choice but to do this cus they have nothing in thier farm system. Who are the yankees top prospects? Duncan and Cabrera? Stienbrenner is a an old old man who has nothing better to spend his money on. So please met fans dont blame us yankee fans that your organization dosnt want to spend money. you dont need too, you have a crap load of young talent. although trading kazmir for zambrano was one of the dumbest moves ive seen in long time. but hey thats life. met fans you should be happy you have a great farm system for the future and two great players to build your organization around with wright and reyes. yankees dont have any of that. who are they gunna build around? cano? So Mets fans you guys need to relax with sayin how spoiled yankee fans are and what not. im tired of that BS statement. flame me all you want. GO NEW YORK.

    why are yankee fans always so concerned about what mets fans say about their team?...you'd think your 26 world championships would make you feel a bit secure, but no, apparently you expect to be liked or something...get off your high horse...

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,759
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by deadringer
    why are yankee fans always so concerned about what mets fans say about their team?...you'd think your 26 world championships would make you feel a bit secure, but no, apparently you expect to be liked or something...get off your high horse...
    As a yankee fan I don't care, I know it's just jealousy and I actually like it that Met fans and Sox fans are always so worried about the yankees. If we stunk no one would care like back in the late 80s-early 90s.

  5. #5
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love my Mets, I really don't pay much attention to the American league.
    The whole DH things is not my cup of tea. Anyway, not bitter, I wish my team was a little more successful.

    The one thing that annoys me about the Yankees thing is that you could not find a Yankee fan in New York from 1982 till 1995 and all of a sudden the team get good and everyone is a Die hard through out all the years.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,759
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Micaboy
    Love my Mets, I really don't pay much attention to the American league.
    The whole DH things is not my cup of tea. Anyway, not bitter, I wish my team was a little more successful.

    The one thing that annoys me about the Yankees thing is that you could not find a Yankee fan in New York from 1982 till 1995 and all of a sudden the team get good and everyone is a Die hard through out all the years.
    That's nonsense, first off in '82 the yanks were coming off an AL pennant and the Yanks were very close to the playoffs through most of the mid 80s. The Yanks didn't become horrible until about '89. Obviously the Yanks started another dynasty in the mid 90s and some bandwagon fans jumped on but saying there weren't any fans is silly. Shea couldn't draw flies most of the 90s then the ballpark was packed for the most part in '99 & '00- were all those fans bandwagon fans?

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    3,114
    Post Thanks / Like
    The original post on this thread makes no sense. The Mets don't spend money? Hello... Delgado, Beltran, Glavine, Pedro, Loduca, Wagner... what are you talking about?

    As for the Yankees "having to spend" because they have nothing in the minors... that is their own doing. They depleted their own farm system in George's misguided attempt to tear apart his late 90s dynasty. The fat bastard deserves the crappy team he has.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,041
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon
    The original post on this thread makes no sense. The Mets don't spend money? Hello... Delgado, Beltran, Glavine, Pedro, Loduca, Wagner... what are you talking about?

    As for the Yankees "having to spend" because they have nothing in the minors... that is their own doing. They depleted their own farm system in George's misguided attempt to tear apart his late 90s dynasty. The fat bastard deserves the crappy team he has.
    actually we got LoDuca because he was a cap saver....we wanted Molina.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,908
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    what i do hate is yankee fans that feel like being a yankee fan makes them special, and 20 year old guys telling me about their 26 titles which they know nothing about...
    This is my biggest problem, as a met fan, I don't brag out '86, because I was two years old and had no appreciation for it. It's the same thing i feel about the 'greatest sports moment', you can only say you loved this moment if you were able to appreciate it when it happened, otherwise you're just watching tape. As a jet fan, superbowl 3 was great, but I don't spend much time thinking about it, because I have no concept of what it was really like, I can do is watch espn classic and gain a half-assed education of what it was. So yeah, when a kid my age tells me about the great tradition and history of the yankees, i hate it. Of course when they talk subway series, theres not much i can say. Except that clemens should have gotten thrown out of that game when he threw the bat at piazza.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,759
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EricYellin
    This is my biggest problem, as a met fan, I don't brag out '86, because I was two years old and had no appreciation for it. It's the same thing i feel about the 'greatest sports moment', you can only say you loved this moment if you were able to appreciate it when it happened, otherwise you're just watching tape. As a jet fan, superbowl 3 was great, but I don't spend much time thinking about it, because I have no concept of what it was really like, I can do is watch espn classic and gain a half-assed education of what it was. So yeah, when a kid my age tells me about the great tradition and history of the yankees, i hate it. Of course when they talk subway series, theres not much i can say. Except that clemens should have gotten thrown out of that game when he threw the bat at piazza.
    If we hadn't won in 20 years then I could see the point but the yanks have won 4 titles in the last decade and if we can't brag about total titles then why do they keep records? if the mets were the best team in the history of American sports you'd brag about it to.

  11. #11
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Union County, NJ
    Posts
    859
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, the Yanks have won 4 in the last decade, but that won't be true for much longer. The more influence Georgey S. has the less Stick Michael has. When exactly was that last title, half a decade ago? The Yanks will never be a bad team, Georgey $$ won't allow that, but unless they go back to the old formula of mixing in youth with the High $$ free agents you too will be looking back 20 years.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,908
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    If we hadn't won in 20 years then I could see the point but the yanks have won 4 titles in the last decade and if we can't brag about total titles then why do they keep records? if the mets were the best team in the history of American sports you'd brag about it to.
    I dont mind so much the stuff in the last decade, but when you talk about about stuff that happened long before you are alive, then there is no reason to listen to you. Because usually when I'm debating baseball I'm not talking history, we're talking present. When the subway series was about to get started i had an argument with a kid about why the mets/yankees would win. He kept saying '20-something world championships', which i thought was a moronic argment because it holds no value in the game today. Sure, appreciate the stats and records all you want, but they don't hold up this season, or this game, and cant really be used to argue the merits of the yankees vs. mets at present. Why not just admit that the yankees, redskins or packers, and montreal canadiens are the best teams in sports and be done with it.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,759
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EricYellin
    I dont mind so much the stuff in the last decade, but when you talk about about stuff that happened long before you are alive, then there is no reason to listen to you. Because usually when I'm debating baseball I'm not talking history, we're talking present. When the subway series was about to get started i had an argument with a kid about why the mets/yankees would win. He kept saying '20-something world championships', which i thought was a moronic argment because it holds no value in the game today. Sure, appreciate the stats and records all you want, but they don't hold up this season, or this game, and cant really be used to argue the merits of the yankees vs. mets at present. Why not just admit that the yankees, redskins or packers, and montreal canadiens are the best teams in sports and be done with it.
    History plays a role though. We haven't been the best team in MLB for 5 years now but we are still the best franchise in the history of the game. Just b/c I didn't see the old titles first hand doesn't mean I haven't read about them or watched shows on them. I don't get the same feeling seeing those old ones as I do when I see highlights of the recent ones I was around for but I see the uniform and it matters to me. SB III matters to me and I wasn't alive for that. If all that matters is what you are alive for then at most 90% f the Met fans around here would only remember '86. Do we throw out '69?

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,908
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    History plays a role though. We haven't been the best team in MLB for 5 years now but we are still the best franchise in the history of the game. Just b/c I didn't see the old titles first hand doesn't mean I haven't read about them or watched shows on them. I don't get the same feeling seeing those old ones as I do when I see highlights of the recent ones I was around for but I see the uniform and it matters to me. SB III matters to me and I wasn't alive for that. If all that matters is what you are alive for then at most 90% f the Met fans around here would only remember '86. Do we throw out '69?
    You don't throw it out... thats where we're not understanding each other... I just dont think it should be considered when you're arguing about your team... in the present tense... or atleast should not be the sole factor of your argument. History is important, but i mean, the miracle on ice was awesome, but i wasnt around to see it, so i cant talk about it as my all-time favorite hockey/sports moment, IMO, wheras, if i were there, to truly experience it, i think it definitely would be.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,759
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EricYellin
    You don't throw it out... thats where we're not understanding each other... I just dont think it should be considered when you're arguing about your team... in the present tense... or atleast should not be the sole factor of your argument. History is important, but i mean, the miracle on ice was awesome, but i wasnt around to see it, so i cant talk about it as my all-time favorite hockey/sports moment, IMO, wheras, if i were there, to truly experience it, i think it definitely would be.
    I agree history plays no role as far as who is the better team this year(well recent history may play a role knowing the Yank always make the playoffs whilethe Mets have had nice 1st halfs the last 2 years only to blow it come Aug/Sept.) but when talking about who has the better franchise it does come into play.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,908
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    I agree history plays no role as far as who is the better team this year(well recent history may play a role knowing the Yank always make the playoffs whilethe Mets have had nice 1st halfs the last 2 years only to blow it come Aug/Sept.) but when talking about who has the better franchise it does come into play.
    agreed, yankees are the superior franchise... but that doesnt mean much to me... remember, we're all jets fans.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,759
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EricYellin
    agreed, yankees are the superior franchise... but that doesnt mean much to me... remember, we're all jets fans.
    That's why I have to crow about the Yanks

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,908
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    That's why I have to crow about the Yanks
    and why im on anti-depressants

    jk

  19. #19
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    That's nonsense, first off in '82 the yanks were coming off an AL pennant and the Yanks were very close to the playoffs through most of the mid 80s. The Yanks didn't become horrible until about '89. Obviously the Yanks started another dynasty in the mid 90s and some bandwagon fans jumped on but saying there weren't any fans is silly. Shea couldn't draw flies most of the 90s then the ballpark was packed for the most part in '99 & '00- were all those fans bandwagon fans?

    I looked it up, they bit 82 and from 84 thru 87 they were actually pretty good. So I stand correct there.

    The Yankees are still the biggest band wagon fan team.
    Yes they are what a franchise should be over the last 85 years, but I still love my Mets.

  20. #20
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    616
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by deadringer
    why are yankee fans always so concerned about what mets fans say about their team?...you'd think your 26 world championships would make you feel a bit secure, but no, apparently you expect to be liked or something...get off your high horse...
    i am not concerned what people think about me cus im a yankee fan. im just tired of met fans being bitter. i dont expect to be liked. i like going to fenway and almost getting into fights all the time. i doubt that would happen at shea. im not on a high horse.

    and whoever said arod just collects his paycheck is wrong. he tries so hard to be a "true yankee" but he never will be cus hes not clutch.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us