Thread: OT - The curse of ARod

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

OT - The curse of ARod

Ahh - ARod!! (The Yankee$ ARod, not the JI ARod!!!) While people were fixated on the curse of the Bambino, the Yankee$ have some curses of their own. The first was the curse of the Don. Don Mattingly was arguably, one of the best Yankee$ to NEVER play in a World Series. Is it coincidence that the Yankee$ won the World Series the year AFTER he retired?? Now the Yankee$ have ARod. I hate the Yankee$ and I hate ARod (unless he's on my fantasy BBall team!), but I'm happy that they're together. Why? Because ARod is the baseball equivalent of Dan Marino. He's a great player that puts up great individual stats, but has won NOTHING!!! (well, atleast Marino made it to a Superbowl.) Need some convincing?

ARod is in Seattle from 1994 thru 2000. Seatlle makes the playoffs in 1995, 1997, 2000 but does not get into the World Series.

Yankee$ - WS in 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003

ARod arrives in 2004. Yankees make playoffs, lead Boston 3-0 in ALCS. No team has EVER been up 3-0 and lost, but than comes ARod. The curse of the Bambino?? I remember 1986 when Boston was up 3 runs, one out away from finally breaking that curse, but waht happened? The curse took over and the Mets won! So, with the curse of the Bambino looming over the Sox, what happens? The curse of ARod takes over. This curse is so strong that the Yankee$ become the 1st team in history to blow a 3-0 lead. Some say it was the biggest choke in the history of sports. I say, yea it was, but it was REALLY the curse of ARod. Not only does Boston beat the Yankee$, but they win the World Series!! Why? Because the curse of ARod has lifted the curse of the Bambino. Coincidence? I think not!

So, rejoice Yankee$ haters! The Yankee$ can have a $1 billion payroll, but as long as they have ARod, they ain't winning SH*T!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You could blame Mussina too, since he arrived you guys have won diddly.

But continue to pile on one of the best players ever

eLOT

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW

Sounds like someone is still bitter that ARod didn't choose to play on his team.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really dont know what it is with gay-rod, seattle, texas and now the yankees were all better before he got there.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by like2god
    WOW

Sounds like someone is still bitter that ARod didn't choose to play on his team.

Ha!! I think you are misreading his comments. As a Mets fan I was upset when I felt the Mets did not make a big enough run at A-Rod when he signed with the Rangers. Looking back it was the BEST thing that could have happened. He is baseball's version of Marbury. He is a very talented player, that puts up very good numbers, but NEVER wins!!! He is by far the most over-rated player in baseball. I dislike the Yankees, but people are being foolish if not outright stupid when they say Jeter is over-rated. He has all the intangables that any fan would want on his team, as well as putting up stellar numbers. But A-Rod is a cancer, it is only when the cancer is cut out of the team that the team gets better. Any Mets fan that would be bitter that A-Rod didn't come to the Mets is NOT paying attention!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by exiledinjersey
    Ha!! I think you are misreading his comments. As a Mets fan I was upset when I felt the Mets did not make a big enough run at A-Rod when he signed with the Rangers. Looking back it was the BEST thing that could have happened. He is baseball's version of Marbury. He is a very talented player, that puts up very good numbers, but NEVER wins!!! He is by far the most over-rated player in baseball. I dislike the Yankees, but people are being foolish if not outright stupid when they say Jeter is over-rated. He has all the intangables that any fan would want on his team, as well as putting up stellar numbers. But A-Rod is a cancer, it is only when the cancer is cut out of the team that the team gets better. Any Mets fan that would be bitter that A-Rod didn't come to the Mets is NOT paying attention!!!
    Um--Marbury isnt in the top 10 players in his league.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by exiledinjersey
    Ha!! I think you are misreading his comments. As a Mets fan I was upset when I felt the Mets did not make a big enough run at A-Rod when he signed with the Rangers.
    I'm not so sure, Mets and Redsux fans had a different view of ARod when their teams were courting him. It wasn't until after he went to another team that he became a "cancer". I think I hit the nail right on the head.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not so sure, Mets and Redsux fans had a different view of ARod when their teams were courting him. It wasn't until after he went to another team that he became a "cancer". I think I hit the nail right on the head.

Let me be the 1st Sox fan to say I was wildly hoping the Red Sox would get ARod, and I'll say now after the fact, I'm completely relived they didn't. ARod may well be the most talented loser in the history of baseball when all is said and done. The Yankees World series days are over with him on their team, call it karma, call it chemistry, it doesn't matter what you call it but the fact is he hasn't made a single team that he's joined significantly better than they were without him.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta
    Let me be the 1st Sox fan to say I was wildly hoping the Red Sox would get ARod, and I'll say now after the fact, I'm completely relived they didn't. ARod may well be the most talented loser in the history of baseball when all is said and done. The Yankees World series days are over with him on their team, call it karma, call it chemistry, it doesn't matter what you call it but the fact is he hasn't made a single team that he's joined significantly better than they were without him.
    That's ridiculous and nothing more than specualtion on your part. You have no idea how this year or any year will turn out. As far as A-Rod on the sox or mets for that matter, no one has any idea how that would have turned out as well. I'd rather take my chances with a guy who put up #s like A-Rod does than with out him.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    diehard yankee fan, but hate arod. hes the best player of my generation hands down but he is a fake yankee and never comes threw when you need him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GangGreat
    Um--Marbury isnt in the top 10 players in his league.
    true, i'd say more of a kg

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who is this A-Rod everyone keeps mentioning?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by norm428
    Ahh - ARod!! (The Yankee$ ARod, not the JI ARod!!!) While people were fixated on the curse of the Bambino, the Yankee$ have some curses of their own. The first was the curse of the Don. Don Mattingly was arguably, one of the best Yankee$ to NEVER play in a World Series. Is it coincidence that the Yankee$ won the World Series the year AFTER he retired?? Now the Yankee$ have ARod. I hate the Yankee$ and I hate ARod (unless he's on my fantasy BBall team!), but I'm happy that they're together. Why? Because ARod is the baseball equivalent of Dan Marino. He's a great player that puts up great individual stats, but has won NOTHING!!! (well, atleast Marino made it to a Superbowl.) Need some convincing?

ARod is in Seattle from 1994 thru 2000. Seatlle makes the playoffs in 1995, 1997, 2000 but does not get into the World Series.

Yankee$ - WS in 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003

ARod arrives in 2004. Yankees make playoffs, lead Boston 3-0 in ALCS. No team has EVER been up 3-0 and lost, but than comes ARod. The curse of the Bambino?? I remember 1986 when Boston was up 3 runs, one out away from finally breaking that curse, but waht happened? The curse took over and the Mets won! So, with the curse of the Bambino looming over the Sox, what happens? The curse of ARod takes over. This curse is so strong that the Yankee$ become the 1st team in history to blow a 3-0 lead. Some say it was the biggest choke in the history of sports. I say, yea it was, but it was REALLY the curse of ARod. Not only does Boston beat the Yankee$, but they win the World Series!! Why? Because the curse of ARod has lifted the curse of the Bambino. Coincidence? I think not!

So, rejoice Yankee$ haters! The Yankee$ can have a $1 billion payroll, but as long as they have ARod, they ain't winning SH*T!!!!
    The Yankees haven't won since they hired Mattingly as a coach so his curse may be back.

Regardless the METS are the Best team in NY.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW

guess the sox didnt need him so actually pay-rod made the wrong decision.

what does that tom brady text say, i cant read it?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW

Must be Boston because we have a young and upcoming hall of famer in Wright and an exciting excellent ss in Reyes.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet
    Must be Boston because we have a young and upcoming hall of famer in Wright and an exciting excellent ss in Reyes.
    I'd trade Reyes for A-Rod this second.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nobody knew much about A-Rod before he got traded to the Yankees personally. He played in Texas and Seattle with little to no pressure. Both cities have that "aw shucks" attitude when it comes to baseball. After seeing how he's been in big situations on the $kanks I'm glad the Mets didn't sign him. Would of we won more regular season games? Sure. But I wouldn't want that bonafide choker on my team.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess we should give ARod a break. Who cares if he's a major post season choke artist and never gets to play in a World Series? He was the MVP last year and makes a ton of money. I guess those are his priorities.