Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tangini = Duquette

Tangini = Duquette

Kazmir was not a Mangini-type player. I doubt Leinart was either.... Performance on the field is the most important factor in player evaluation, not Bradway's 'athleticism', and not Tangini's 'character'. Who will be the Jets Victor Zambrano this year?

http://blogs.nydailynews.com/mets/ar...cerpt_from.php

"Fear also existed about Kazmirís off-the-field behaviorófor a much more serious reason than wrecking Huberís car, which had been widely reported in the media. Team officials suspected marijuana use, at least early in Kazmirís minor-league career, and thought he would be ill-suited for the fast pace and temptations of New York".

All League
    You really need to shut up and take your man love of Herm to KC. Your posts
    are past the point of foolish!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by rajensen088
    Kazmir was not a Mangini-type player. I doubt Leinart was either.... Performance on the field is the most important factor in player evaluation, not Bradway's 'athleticism', and not Tangini's 'character'. Who will be the Jets Victor Zambrano this year?

"Fear also existed about Kazmirís off-the-field behaviorófor a much more serious reason than wrecking Huberís car, which had been widely reported in the media. Team officials suspected marijuana use, at least early in Kazmirís minor-league career, and thought he would be ill-suited for the fast pace and temptations of New York".
    You guys are fooled in thinking that the character criteria that Mangini and Tannenbaum target has to do with just off the field issues. It really has to do with football character. How much does a player love the game and how dedicated is that player to his craft.How football smart is the player? The Jets are going after guys who were productive players but were also captains and leaders. You don't become a captain or leader by being a nice person off the field but stinking on the field.

The Jets considered Matt Leinart and entertained trading up to get him but they liked Ferguson better.

Hall Of Fame

another day, another solid post from raj...you actually going to hang around to respond to the post this time or are you off to your ball boy job at KC minicamp?

Jets Insider VIP

How dumb are you, seriously?

What does Kazmir have to do with anything with the Jets? Absolutly nothing. And as YJF mentioned, the Jets are looking for "football character" not real world character, but that may be beyond your level of comprehension.

All Pro

Is this for real? I don't see the connection.

Banned
    rajensen is actually an H. Edwards, from Kansas City.

Hall Of Fame
    Actually, Tangini is the exact opposite of Duquette. Duquette made that trade in a belated attempt to springboard the Mets into the playoffs...when they had already fallen 8 games back of a playoff spot. He didn't care about the future, about building a team the right way, instead he went for the quick-fix in adding what had been a decent-but-wild starting pitcher.

Tangini is not going for the quickfix, as evidenced by the Jets restraint in the FA market despite having a decent amount of cap room. No flashy signings, no big name players added in an attempt to win 9/10 games and challenge for a playoff spot, as Bradwards did every year (Law, Cowart, Donnie Abraham, etc).

Tanigni is concerned about building a winning program on par with New England and Philly. If Duquette utilized the same strategy, the Mets' top 3 starters right now would be Pedro-Glavine-Kazmir.

I like Herm too does that make me evil?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

this idiotic thread belongs in the dump...

don't give him the satisfaction of trying to disprove his absurd notions. it's common knowledge that raj only posts ludicrous stuff like this simply for the reactions. at least that's what i hope, for the sake of his intelligence...

All Pro
    i don't understand why he's still a member here. if he was a new poster spewing the same crap, he'd be banned months ago

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    I like Herm too does that make me evil?
    Not at all!! As Long as you praise Hackett for his 3 out of 4 playoffs as you do Hermie!!

All League
    I dont know if your a Mets fan or not. BUt if you are you should no that we dont mention that trade.

I almost put a hole in Duquettes head after seeing how Kazmir has been playing this year. ****ing Victor Zambrano. I hope he never sees a pitchers mound again in his life.

All League
    I came in this thread with my eyes wide open and wondering who would post such a dumb remark....then I noticed it was rajensen.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DE94Abraham
    I dont know if your a Mets fan or not. BUt if you are you should no that we dont mention that trade.

I almost put a hole in Duquettes head after seeing how Kazmir has been playing this year. ****ing Victor Zambrano. I hope he never sees a pitchers mound again in his life.
    Don't forget the genius pitching coach Rick Peterson signed off on that trade.

Don't ever forget that. It's not all on Duquette, but 75% is.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHiJetMan
    Don't forget the genius pitching coach Rick Peterson signed off on that trade.

Don't ever forget that. It's not all on Duquette, but 75% is.

75% is still too much. I dont understand how the hell you make taht trade at all. He shouldve laughed and hung up the phone the second this idea even came up. Im not getting started on this again, too painful.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalomaniac
    i don't understand why he's still a member here. if he was a new poster spewing the same crap, he'd be banned months ago
    Yea, I hate posters who do that.

Nothing worse than a broken record.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    Yea, I hate posters who do that.

Nothing worse than a broken record.
    That's comedy.

Banned

are you really rjensen???if you talk like herm..and you make sense like herm..and you sound like herm..you must be herm..I think you are really a bitter herm edwards disguised as rjensen all this time..is it you herm??