Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 62

Thread: Wouldn't It Be Funny if this year was the start of A-Rod's Decline?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    773
    Post Thanks / Like

    Wouldn't It Be Funny if this year was the start of A-Rod's Decline?

    Caused entirely by MENTAL ISSUES instead of physical?

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,987
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah...that would be...um...hysterical. You know because he's such a bad person, and he's done so much to deserve that fate.

    Honestly, do you ever take a step back and take a little self-assessment of your irrational hatred of this baseball player and his team? It's all a little out of scale don't you think? I'm just sayin'...stop using up so much of your precious little mental capacity on the Yankees problems and enjoy the Mets' successes, you'll come off as much less of an obsessed tool.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    773
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffboy
    Yeah...that would be...um...hysterical. You know because he's such a bad person, and he's done so much to deserve that fate.

    Honestly, do you ever take a step back and take a little self-assessment of your irrational hatred of this baseball player and his team? It's all a little out of scale don't you think? I'm just sayin'...stop using up so much of your precious little mental capacity on the Yankees problems and enjoy the Mets' successes, you'll come off as much less of an obsessed tool.
    wow someone's flip just got switched...

    I'm not saying I am hoping for that... I was just sitting back and thought about how strange that would be IF this year was the start of a decline, but for once caused by confidence issues or whatever instead of physical problems...

    I dont think you need to bug out...

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't worry about it...

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,934
    Post Thanks / Like
    A-Rod is only gonna get better and with time he will be that clutch guy. You have to remember this is the only time he has been on a team that contends for titles. It's new to the guy...just you wait this year he will be GREAT in the playoffs!!!!

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    122
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand why people here really dislike this guy both METS&YANKEE fans. I as a MET fan really don't mind him cause he actually likes the METS and wanted to play for the METS.I hope this guy does well just so I can shove it down the throat of all my YANKEE fan friends who call him a dump and this and that and that he's not a true YANKEE. What a JK.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,089
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 631JetFan
    I don't understand why people here really dislike this guy both METS&YANKEE fans. I as a MET fan really don't mind him cause he actually likes the METS and wanted to play for the METS.I hope this guy does well just so I can shove it down the throat of all my YANKEE fan friends who call him a dump and this and that and that he's not a true YANKEE. What a JK.
    Because he is a FRAUD.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI2OHfan4eva
    You have to remember this is the only time he has been on a team that contends for titles. It's new to the guy...just you wait this year he will be GREAT in the playoffs!!!!
    That's not true. He was on contending, playoff teams in 1997 and 2000.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    122
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYjets105
    Because he is a FRAUD.
    Well I guess both teams have one player with a certain percentage of fans that think they are a fraud.

    Mets=Beltran(really coming around lately though)
    Yanks= AROD (only reason why the yanks were in the playoffs last yr)

    If you hate him that much write a letter to Georgie suggesting a trade in the likes of Spazsui for A-Rod.
    Last edited by 631JetFan; 05-24-2006 at 04:50 PM.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    currently CT/eventually NC
    Posts
    3,771
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYjets105
    Because he is a FRAUD.
    Why is he a fraud?

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,089
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CT. JETS FAN
    Why is he a fraud?

    He just comes across to me as a phony. That's all. Just an opinion.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    773
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYjets105
    He just comes across to me as a phony. That's all. Just an opinion.
    same...

    it's very obvious he puts on a bullsh1t act to try and seem like a lovable guy instead of just being himself... he doesnt realize it's worse for him...

    all those little "shows of anger" when he hits into double plays look phony as hell too...

    It's not hard to dislike a guy who keeps talking about "all the god given talent I have"...

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    currently CT/eventually NC
    Posts
    3,771
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYjets105
    He just comes across to me as a phony. That's all. Just an opinion.
    So this is just a "feeling"?

    Nothing factual to back it up?

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,494
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a Mets fan, I really don't care about what A-Rod does one way or the other (unless he's playing the Mets).

    However, I do respect the fact that he accepts responsibility and straight up says he choked and deserves to be booed. In one of his last quotes, I believe he stated "I stink." I can really respect something like this. At least he owns up to his current problems.

    Just a random question for baseball fans in general:

    Do you this A-Rod would be doing even better in a smaller, non-media hyped market ?? I personally think he'd be putting up bigger numbers every year and coming through in the clutch more if he weren't playing in NY.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYjets105
    He just comes across to me as a phony. That's all. Just an opinion.
    I agree that he always wants to say the right things in interviews, but is that so wrong? He seems like a genuine nice guy that doesn't want to say the wrong things.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi

    Do you this A-Rod would be doing even better in a smaller, non-media hyped market ?? I personally think he'd be putting up bigger numbers every year and coming through in the clutch more if he weren't playing in NY.
    who wouldn't?

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    6,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like it or not, he's going to go on hitting 40 HRs and getting 120 RBIs a year for at least the next five or six years, probably more.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bellmore, NY
    Posts
    663
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYjets105
    He just comes across to me as a phony. That's all. Just an opinion.
    It's so funny - here's a guy that tries to do everything the right way with the media and say the right things - never gets loud or snaps at anyone, a perfect choir boy - and people just have to trash him anyway. With all that is happening in sports today, with steroids, drugs, spousal abuse, players calling out their coaches - you should really think about why you "hate" this guy. He's one of the good guys. He's a "fraud" because he tries to please everyone? Please....

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bellmore, NY
    Posts
    663
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine
    Caused entirely by MENTAL ISSUES instead of physical?
    Wouldn't it be funny if David Wright lost his thumb in a gardening accident and could never swing a bat again?

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,736
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WWalker85
    It's so funny - here's a guy that tries to do everything the right way with the media and say the right things - never gets loud or snaps at anyone, a perfect choir boy - and people just have to trash him anyway. With all that is happening in sports today, with steroids, drugs, spousal abuse, players calling out their coaches - you should really think about why you "hate" this guy. He's one of the good guys. He's a "fraud" because he tries to please everyone? Please....
    i don't get the mindless bashing of arod. and that's exactly what it is mindless. either that or jealousy from fans of opposing teams. fact is, arod has played great against the sox, was the only reason the yanks were in the playoffs last year, and carried them against the twins in 04 with a game-tying two out double to left center that almost went out. wouldn't i be funny if this year starts the decline of arod's career??? how would that be funny in any way?? to see one of the greatest players of the age, a player with a chance, along with pujols, to give the game the image it so desperately needs right, now have his career ended. yeah, that would be absolutely hysterical. not exactly surprising that this thread was started by a guy who thinks 9/11 was a plot by bush to get sadaam.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us